Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Mugaaz_sl

shitlord
I guess I never got my main story quest then? Currently level 19 and I have no quests at all. The only quest I see is my Thaumaturge quest that I can get at level 20. Nothing else.
What is the last story quest you did? Go back to where it ended and look for the next step.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Hhmm, story quest wants me to do a dungeon via the duty finder. Sucks to be a DPS ^^

Mugaaz_sl

shitlord
Hhmm, story quest wants me to do a dungeon via the duty finder. Sucks to be a DPS ^^
In my experience as a DPS, just find 1 healer or tank to group with, then queue your duo. Your wait time will be under 2-3 minutes. You will go ahead of all the solo DPS in the queue. I think it will just works off the highest member position, then fills the rest with solos.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
As a level 20 arcanist.I can just queue as a healer right? Been playing as dps.obviously but I hear theses first dungeons are easy

Needless

Toe Sucker
I dont think so, somebody was saying in rerolled on malboro yesterday that they couldn't. I can't confirm this though

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't know I played quite a bit but didn't level extremely fast/efficiently, there's a ton of 40+ on my server, Coerthas highlands FATEs are spammed non stop by zergs of 30-40 people and have been since whenever I got there and there's already a bunch of 50s and shit. I definitely don't feel ahead of the curve on this game, there's people everywhere I go. I'm sure there's a lot of people at the lower levels too. I did all the storyquests, most sidequests, did a lot of FATEs and all the dungeons some a few times so didn't rush or anything(some of the early 50s were no lifing FATEs non stop, you'd see 48s doing lvl 40 FATEs in Coerthas with lvl 25gear cause too lazy to go do their class quest and get their AF). I do play more than just the evening though, I played most of the day when the servers were up, still slept normal hours though no real hardcore poopsocking playing 48h straight nonsense.

As a level 20 arcanist.I can just queue as a healer right? Been playing as dps.obviously but I hear theses first dungeons are easy
No you can't. You can heal them but you'll need to make the groups yourself, and you'll need 4people(otherwise the finder will look for a healer).

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
What about the scholars actually healing then ? Fine with focusing on tank myself and then letting the pet top off the group as needed.
I'm not a mmo newb by any means and know how to manage mana and not stand in the fire
tongue.png
, just didnt want to queue as a healer for a dungeon as a scholar and then the group be like , fuck we got a scholar they can't heal well ......
Pretty good but I've only got the first Scholar spell so far. It's a combo heal+damage ward - if the heal crits the ward portion doubles. I think at 35 you get a group version of the same spell.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Upgraded to CE.

People in guild chat advised against logging off to get items, but I did anyways.

I should have listened. 1017 all day erry damn day

rolx_sl

shitlord
Anyone else get the unicorn mount and it says you don't have permission to use it? Wtf is going on? Lvl 30 conj quest?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How are people upgrading to the Digital CE? Are those of us who pre-order supposed to get a "retail" code that we use at the new Mogstation? When I login to my Account there, it says I have two services available for my account:
Beta Test
Pre-Order

Below that it shows my characters, Account Type (None), Account Status (Standard, 3-day grace period), and Bonus Items. Haven't gotten a new code from SE yet.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Sigh , the 1017 battle is worse today for me than yesterday , now that folks have paid for the retail copy I'm sure it will be less easy to white knight the "you can't complain" line.

Also why the fuck are they still selling it on their site if they can't handle the load as is ?

(yes I already know the answer , they don't give a fuck , but still , it would be a nice pr gesture to say "hey , we are pulling it from sales for digitial orders until our super sauce upgrade hits next week"

Threelions_sl

shitlord
Sigh , the 1017 battle is worse today for me than yesterday , now that folks have paid for the retail copy I'm sure it will be less easy to white knight the "you can't complain" line.

Also why the fuck are they still selling it on their site if they can't handle the load as is ?

(yes I already know the answer , they don't give a fuck , but still , it would be a nice pr gesture to say "hey , we are pulling it from sales for digitial orders until our super sauce upgrade hits next week"
I'm happy that i've been able to play so far but I feel like if you just bought the game and couldn't create a player it's basically a slap in the face.

Saban_sl

shitlord
On my 5th or 6th story dungeon now, the manor one. So far they've all been pretty easy, don't think anyone has even died yet. some Copy/Paste bosses though which is lame.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
The White Knight Battalion on the official forums has gone full "LEAVE YOSHI ALONE" posting this pic now repeatedly about how upset he is about the issues.

rrr_img_41698.jpg

How about instead of crying just have your crew increase the queue limit to a few thousand instead of a 1017 battle ?