Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
If they allowed global cross server then it would work. Japan DC half the servers are empty, even at the peak of JP prime time there's 0 queue on most servers. I've been using the above feature every day since I'm on one of the few that has huge queues (Tonberry).

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>

Hope this helps
They disable the transfer world option when there is any sort of medium queue. I’ve been on Midgar for a week now, haven’t been able to transfer back to Gilg at any point after 11AM est estimated wait is 30+ minutes to change worlds

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I don't get the disconnect issues that other people seem to have. Have had to wait in some queues, and had issues getting booted when Gilg itself died a couple times, but just in general while in the queues, I'm not disconnecting every couple of minutes the way Sky and a few others seem to be.
I've had a smooth connected experience, but just a couple hours ago, we were four of my guild doing a dungeon, and we got hit by a lag spike (and wiped), but one of us was disconnected - and found herself with a 3000+ queue, so she wasn't going to come back.

The queues themselves have been smooth after their server revisit on Wednesday. The only time I got hit by problems was when three of the servers on my datacenter shat themselves, and everyone tried to reconnect at the same time - that's when we got 2002 and 300x for a while. (I was on discord, and a friend said "uh uh, everyone got booted from Louisoix, Moogle and Cerberus" and I immediately replied, "time to launch additional clients for the queue". Got 2002-ed 3min later)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
World transfer to a server with a queue does not move, it has the same priority as trial accounts. To get back to a server like Gilgamesh you would have to wait until 3am EDT when there's <100 people trying to get on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I've had a smooth connected experience, but just a couple hours ago, we were four of my guild doing a dungeon, and we got hit by a lag spike (and wiped), but one of us was disconnected - and found herself with a 3000+ queue, so she wasn't going to come back.

The queues themselves have been smooth after their server revisit on Wednesday. The only time I got hit by problems was when three of the servers on my datacenter shat themselves, and everyone tried to reconnect at the same time - that's when we got 2002 and 300x for a while. (I was on discord, and a friend said "uh uh, everyone got booted from Louisoix, Moogle and Cerberus" and I immediately replied, "time to launch additional clients for the queue". Got 2002-ed 3min later)
Finished 2 roulettes without a tank yesterday after they got disconnected upon entry to the dungeon. Ran the entire thing with 2 DPS and myself healing on Sage

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Are there any worlds that don't have the queue that Gilg has? I mean I love playing with FOH, but jesus christ I'd like to play the fucking game i bought.

I tried having the wife put me in queue when at work, but between two kids 3 and under and 2002 errors, I have better luck jerking off with my elbows. I'm basically down to playing mornings on weekends which is my prime time for getting time with the kids.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are there any worlds that don't have the queue that Gilg has? I mean I love playing with FOH, but jesus christ I'd like to play the fucking game i bought.

I tried having the wife put me in queue when at work, but between two kids 3 and under and 2002 errors, I have better luck jerking off with my elbows. I'm basically down to playing mornings on weekends which is my prime time for getting time with the kids.
Download PSPlay for your phone. It's the 3rd party one, not the official Sony one, you can google a free link easily.

Turn your PS4 on in the morning and make sure it doesn't go into sleep mode (rip queue).

At work, connect to your PS4 and experiment with the time you need to log on.

I never had a 2002 error but the largest queue I've been in is ~1600.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
A bunch of people I know are just using some xivlauncher auto jump plugin bullshit, prob doesn’t help the queues a lot but convenient for yourself.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Download PSPlay for your phone. It's the 3rd party one, not the official Sony one, you can google a free link easily.

Turn your PS4 on in the morning and make sure it doesn't go into sleep mode (rip queue).

At work, connect to your PS4 and experiment with the time you need to log on.

I never had a 2002 error but the largest queue I've been in is ~1600.
i play on PC....

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean I figure most people have a programmable mouse and keyboard these days. They can do macros. A simple one that simply opens the inventory every x minutes works fine.

Just login late night or morning once and never queue again.

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
The fact you could just go from one MSQ quest to the next was great. Hearing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again using different words was very annoying. Probably the worst FFXIV story to date. I really couldn't get past the horrible try hard dialogue, and repetitive dialogue. Also the story of this expansion could of easily been shorter than the end credits.

• 2Moron
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I managed to finish Eureka Pagos finally, realised that I could fill the kettle solo if I did a 30 chain.

So I'm just starting Eureka Pyros and obviously nobody is there because Endwalker and queues, I unlocked the Elemental Armor and just need crystals from NMs... are these soloable?

In Pagos I did some NMs with a group of ~4 and they seemed easier than when there's multiple full groups... so they scale to the number of people available... has anyone been in an instance of 1 and killed one? Are the crystals scaled down too and worth it?

Otherwise is anyone interested in duo'ing Pagos NMs? I can tank or heal and I guess DPS if I set up Reaper.

Goonsquad Officer
i play on PC....
use the steamlink phone app to run steamlinke to your pc. you can connect to start the queue any time you like. if you get in. you can make a massive buton that makes you jump. so sign in , in the inn, hit that button every half hour. all free

Last edited:

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
They learned the way to avoid being kicked from the game while standing still doing emotes long, long, long ago. The true zen masters of shithattery.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, despite my misplaced optimism, 2.6k queue at 10.30am on Zodiark. Booted out by a 2002 In the low 100s and return to 5.6k.

I’ve been unable to play most of this last week due to work and now can’t reliably get on during the weekend.