Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
It does the exact same thing on the PC, which is absolute fucking bullshit.

Also: Turn 4 down, yay.
Grats Sean and Voldeth, shield the hate bros. The loot in there is iLVL 90 and its pretty nice and looks pretty badass for tanks that I have seen.

People need to play games the way they enjoy them and not worry about riding others for the way they play. /whiteknightoff

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I ain't no hater, I used to be a pretty extreme poopsocker so I have nothing but respect and jealousy towards those who still poopsock when I can't. I'd say my comments were more negative towards se and their lack of content at 50

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I ain't no hater, I used to be a pretty extreme poopsocker so I have nothing but respect and jealousy towards those who still poopsock when I can't. I'd say my comments were more negative towards se and their lack of content at 50
Yeah, this 2 zone end game for non raiders is pretty much dildos.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hear you bros, I wasn't pointing fingers more just making a general statement <3. I see all the Sean hate and not trying to white knight the bro but hes a nice straight up guy to me and I can understand him not wanting to practice with dps heating their weapons up in fire. He enjoys playing at a high level and has the time and means to do it. This is my first casual / forum guild and hell some of the shit we've seen is wild as hell. (OMG I WAS OUT OF THE FIRE WAT IS DIS x78934789)

The general hate is more with paladins hating on warriors, scholars on white mages, poopsockers vs old raiders vs casuals and on and on. I do agree spamming AK and WP is boring as hell, my guildies and brother who I have raided years with cant even play yet after almost 3 weeks until their boxes come in next week. Ive already done full darklight on my Dragoon, 1/2 on my bard, and 1/2 on my Paladin and STILL have hundreds of runs to do im sure with my buddies once they level up which I am not looking forward to at all.

I was caught up preemptively and all wound up at the start. I'm maybe enjoying this game too much, my chick has been raging I've been playing so much. Thats a good thing considering how bad other mmo's have been lately this caught me by surprise in a good way. I've never rolled an alt or played a DPS in a game and I'm having a blast doing both (still going to main a tank I decided so +1 to easy multiclassing).

Believe me it helps to just relax, play with your buddies and just have a good time.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I'd rather stick my dick in a blender than deal with rage types that blame everyone else and tell everyone how much they suck and just act like enormous nerd assholes. I'm completely done with that. If I get idiots in a group or people are just doing things wrong I'll tell them once and if they rage or keep fucking up I put them on ignore and move on. If it's a guildmate then I'll avoid them or just deal. Sure, people who die to easy mechanics over and over I can't really tolerate either, but getting shit on for not doing the uberest possible dps while having sub par gear due to sub par playtime while playing a sub par class while NOT fucking up and dying or wiping the raid... Yeah, suck my entire cock on that one. I wasn't #1 dps (with the #1 gear) but I sure as fuck wasn't the asshole dying early either. Fuck me for being unwilling to go to work all day on 3 hours of sleep, right?

I watched WoW's hard modes and achievement runs turn otherwise fun people into enormous fuckheads. I'm sure I thought most of the same thoughts or commented in o chat or whatever but otherwise I kept it to myself. It's one thing to mock people behind their backs for that feeling of satisfied validation, it's another to tell them to their face that they are worthless fucks that you hate and wish they'd quit and die. If you invited those people to play in your group because nobody else is around, then it's your own fucking fault for being either too lazy or too much of an assbag to get better players to group with. If you constantly have to round out the raid with undergeared part time casual scrubs then recruit or fucking deal with it. Don't invite people to your raid because no one else would come and then rage on them for sucking. That shit is on you.

Of course, most of that rant is years old baggage and (hopefully) will not apply to you guys. You shouldn't put up with people raging and being assholes in a forum guild, they can go form their own Ensidia if they want to be perfectionist assholes. That kind of crap is completely the opposite of why anyone would join a forum guild in the first place.

Anyhow, I hope this was entertaining and informational. I wouldn't have posted it if I thought otherwise. But the thing about years old MMO drama is it has a habit of repeating itself over, and over, and over...

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Show us on the doll where the DKP touched you...
FoH never recovered from its M'uru PTSD. People that used to be funny and fun were turned into tightly wound balls of loathing and rage. I should be thankful I wasn't playing at the time. Pain is all they knew from that point on - probably why they would throw bodies at hard modes with five or six undergeared inexperienced z-team benchwarmers rounding out the raid and zero chance of success.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is my first casual / forum guild and hell some of the shit we've seen is wild as hell. (OMG I WAS OUT OF THE FIRE WAT IS DIS x78934789)
I've become a much nicer person lately, and when I see people do it I just don't say anything anymore. I grouped with a WHM that insisted he was always out of the red crap, but as a bard I could clearly tell he didn't even TRY to move until it was way too late.

Then again, I've been guilty of it as well (mostly due to not knowing fight mechanics). In fact, you yelled at me quite a bit last weekend doing those Garuda runs. "Damnit Gravel, get out of the purple shit!" The entire time I was saying to myself...what purple shit?!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Some of the Ulduar hard modes turned me from the guild comedian to the guild asshole main tank that raged after every wipe. It was shitty.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oddly enough even an asshole like me Elurin has been nice in this game also (not all the time tee hee). Ive been taking new people through AK, Garuda, Titan, and for the most part besides the seeing it for the first time wipes people are fine. Just need to have a little bit of patience which even for me is hard.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I've become a much nicer person lately, and when I see people do it I just don't say anything anymore. I grouped with a WHM that insisted he was always out of the red crap, but as a bard I could clearly tell he didn't even TRY to move until it was way too late.

Then again, I've been guilty of it as well (mostly due to not knowing fight mechanics). In fact, you yelled at me quite a bit last weekend doing those Garuda runs. "Damnit Gravel, get out of the purple shit!" The entire time I was saying to myself...what purple shit?!
Honestly, this is a case of "they need to fix their shit". Stuff is very not in sync with their servers and what other people see. It's way too touchy and dependent on latency and animations. My guess is you both were right - on his screen he was probably out of it, but the server hadn't updated his position yet (due to aforementioned latency and/or animations), so everyone else saw what the server saw (combined with their own latency), and that's a dude getting smacked with an AOE.

I've tried to be much more forgiving of it since I think by this point everyone knows it's nowhere near as well done as, say, WoW's floor dodging.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
So, how about that Turn 4 DPS check?

SCREENSHOTS WRU?
There's a DPS check in turn 4?

rrr_img_43226.jpg

Draynar_sl

shitlord

That doesn't prove anything in this game honestly. It's really noticeable in hard mode titan to see people inside the pools not get hit because client shows things way delayed. Same reason when dodging mechanics you can't follow other players as if you wait for them to move you're going to get hit.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
In fact, you yelled at me quite a bit last weekend doing those Garuda runs. "Damnit Gravel, get out of the purple shit!" The entire time I was saying to myself...what purple shit?!
One thing that annoyed the hell out of me was hearing "Kreugen, move" during whatever raid when I had already moved out of whatever shit and the "helpful" vent instruction came after I was already safely out of whatever obvious mechanic I had already dodged and was not hit by and never got hit by ever, even if I dared to wait half a second to finish a cast before moving. That shit was fucking obnoxiously condescending even if it was being called out for everyone. I always wanted say back "DURRR HURR NO SHIT" but that would probably be the one time I got hit by it, laugh. I get that I wasn't being singled out and tanks had shit else to do but yak on vent, but it was still silly because there's no way you could tell someone in time for them to react to most of that shit anyway.

In FF14 though, yeah, don't try to finish your cast, just move. Your position on the server is wack, there's no finessing this shit. What's fun as tank though is to move back in once the cast is over and stand in the animation and people think you are eating the attack when really you're just preventing the mob from ever turning.

PS: There were only two or three dps alive when we beat firefighter.
<--- this fucking guy

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
can someone give me a comparison of this game to older titles ? I am trying to see if it is worth my time. I am not looking for themepark hell at this point...

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
can someone give me a comparison of this game to older titles ? I am trying to see if it is worth my time. I am not looking for themepark hell at this point...
Then stay away. It is a fun game, it is a beautiful game, but it is a theme park.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Then stay away. It is a fun game, it is a beautiful game, but it is a theme park.
In fact it has nearly every feature people in the "mmo's are dead and wow killed them" threads claim to hate about MMOs.

PS: My accounting software has a bug in it that causes a 60 second delay every time I adjust something so I'm now alt-tabbing to forums in 60 second bursts half the day because I have no work that is multi-taskable while this shit is frozen up. Thus the rustled jimmies and disjointed posts.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Same reason when dodging mechanics you can't follow other players as if you wait for them to move you're going to get hit.
I think that this is something that most people are missing / not adapting to. This game has the worst server to client response time I've ever seen --- I'm quite literally located <30 minutes from where the servers are and some of the shit that happens is just laughable. I can start casting an interrupt at 20% of the npc's cast bar and it won't go off. My interrupts animation will finish & be greyed out for several seconds BEFORE the spell is even done casting and it still won't work. I can use 3 of my main enmity building abilities on an npc & provoke but it still won't look at me until it's killed a healer. Yesterday Sutekh complained that I got him cleaved --- I re-watched a vod from one of our mages perspective and he's never anywhere near me (but I bet you that from Sutekh's point of view, I was probably running directly at him).

You just need to react for yourself (no stacking on one person) and do your best to deal with it. Every single person thinks they've gotten out of the 'bad'/landed the spell in time (and I bet most of them have on their screens) but the reality is the game is just taking forever to register what's going on. When you yell at someone for messing up, they get defensive because to them, they didn't fuck up.