Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
That's what it's like being in a guild of once hard cores trying to adjust to being christian casuals while still wishing they were hard core and getting all angry because they are surrounded by christian casuals.

We kind of both realized we were arguing different things about different eras, though. Including a period where I wasn't even playing the goddamn game. And my jobless loser comment wasn't about FoH (other than Sean), it was about people I was being compared to at the time from guilds that ran 5 split raids a week and shit. I sure as hell never pretended to be at that level, or even to have any desire to be at that level.

Plus what you guys probably forget is this shit is fun to me, heh.

Mugaaz_sl

shitlord
As someone who has been super hard core no job no lifer, and now fully employed filthy casual, the arguments use for and against both are either BS or irrelevant. The no lifers who insult the full time people because they are not maxing out every tradeskill and reputation grind are insane. This stuff is a complete function of time, has nothing to do with skill or commitment. These people have limited playtimes, something has to give and this is it. You are not "better" than them because you maxed out all the reps and tradeskills. On the flipside, the people with jobs/families who stand in the fire then wipe the raid do not get to use the "I have a life" argument when they shit the bed. If you stand in the fire you fucked up, it has nothing to do with how many hours a week you work. If your DPS is lower because you don't have the new FOTM tradeskill and rep bonuses, that doesn't make you a bad player. If its because you lack knowledge of the mechanics, rotation, build, or gearing.....then it's because you suck ass.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hate their prime time maintenance.

If their login server didn't have to touch both the JP and NA/EU servers, they could roll them out at separate times.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've become a much nicer person lately, and when I see people do it I just don't say anything anymore. I grouped with a WHM that insisted he was always out of the red crap, but as a bard I could clearly tell he didn't even TRY to move until it was way too late.
Just for the record, I've watched the Titan fight carefully and I'd say on my screen about 90% of the time it looks like people are standing in shit and then move out way too late, but then they don't actually take damage. I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in what you see on your own screen as far as the actual location of other players mid-raid.

That said, I've also been 'that guy' who moves the second a puddle appears and still gets hit by it. I may not be the 1% Sean was talking about either, but I've been playing these games long enough to know I'm way above average, and I learned in P3 that you don't let your current spell finish casting before you get your ass out of the shit on the ground. I tend to give other people the benefit of the doubt when they say they moved, because I just don't believe that SE ever completely fixed the sync problem. Especially when I live ~250 miles from Montreal and I have a <50ms ping to the datacenter (184.107.107.176 if you're curious).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just for the record, I've watched the Titan fight carefully and I'd say on my screen about 90% of the time it looks like people are standing in shit and then move out way too late, but then they don't actually take damage. I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in what you see on your own screen as far as the actual location of other players mid-raid.

That said, I've also been 'that guy' who moves the second a puddle appears and still gets hit by it. I may not be the 1% Sean was talking about either, but I've been playing these games long enough to know I'm way above average, and I learned in P3 that you don't let your current spell finish casting before you get your ass out of the shit on the ground. I tend to give other people the benefit of the doubt when they say they moved, because I just don't believe that SE ever completely fixed the sync problem. Especially when I live ~250 miles from Montreal and I have a <50ms ping to the datacenter (184.107.107.176 if you're curious).
Yeah that shit is just downright broken. Boss battles are one thing, but its quite apparent in you just soloing shit in the wild.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The thing about Titan shit is you definitely don't have the time to always move out of the wrath of the land if you move reactively to them, like they sometimes pop late(that's apparent when I start running out of mine and another pops where I'm going that wasn't there when I started moving), the cast finishes a bit before the animation, sync issues especially if you try casting an instant while moving and all that shit, but the thing is in last phase every single time he casts it is predictable and you should be moving before you see them or have sprint on before you need to start moving(assuming you're not a melee). I still get hit by a lot of wraths in the early phases cause I never bothered memorizing the timing on those so I move reactively and once in a while, bam. Not a big problem at that point which is why I don't care.

Last phase though, it's always after tumult or after the next big crush hit on the tank after a tumult(so like first tumult > wrath then random shit like bombs landslide whatever then he cleave+bash the tank > wrath then more random shit then tumult > wrath etc). Makes it super easy to dodge when you're already moving before he casts on your screen or you have sprint up, or both. I rarely get hit at all in last phase and have killed him a fuckton of times now, and it's just that single bit of knowledge that changed from me being double wrathed every final phase to not getting hit. Rest of the fight is pretty much easy as fuck, just need to top the tank off at all times and manage mana.

Checked the Logparser it seems to have been updated, I'll run some tests if it keeps track of dots correctly. Sadly it seems to not like my logs or something so it only parses 2 Titan fights I did today and nothing from the past few days. I wanted to compare all the DPS I had on him, grouped with bard monk blm drg smn all with relics so would have been interesting. It also doesn't parse healing and the APP parses healing like shit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I feel like there's enough software engineers on this forum that we could make a decent parser. Seems like there is a need.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This. Never trust the locations of others based on what you see on your screen, the shit is always behind. You can really see it if you watch 2 videos of the same fight.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Or simpler... group with Chys in AK and watch how how he runs. Ever seen people do the stutter run sprint while leveling up? Similar deal.

Column_sl

shitlord
Synch, is definitely a huge issue on the Titan fight, and I really have no tips to give people on that.

I've completed it over 20 times now as a white mage, and every time something strange happens that I can't explain.
Its really a fight you have to go into zombie mode on, and adjust for things that are due to the game world not synching up with what you see on your screen.

Speaking of the Titan fight, the last half which people call the hard section, can pretty much be 5 manned.

Done it about 5 times when things have gone really wrong.

Also the heart is bugged for melee, they have to be in the right spot to hit it.