Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, I get it. You honestly have no fucking idea what you are defending and are just vomiting stupidity onto your screen.

It seems you forgot (and SE forgot) that a large number of people STARTED at level 50. This isn't the launch of a brand new MMO. This is a re-launch of a 4 year old MMO. It should have a ton of shit to do at cap.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Who the hell plays these types of games just to craft? Wasn't there a game like that way back when where all you did was craft (A tale in the desert)?
I don't think the point was "just to craft". That's selectively reading.

Sure I have all crafts near 30, but that's just to supplement my battle classes.

I find it all pretty interesting, but you people keep suggesting it has to be some kind of 'either or' mmo. Either you craft or you fight. Either you grind FATES or grind solo mobs.

You CAN do both, you know.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Oh god, the whole "Go play another game this isn't for you" spiel. That's so sad. Legacy-tards, man, there's nothing more pathetic.

The best part about this is that I haven't complained about the game's content at all besides the horrible stretch between getting level 50 and getting to their main Raid zone (which is actually pretty good and very tightly tuned). The fresh level 50 experience and dungeon grinding progression is the single worst I've seen in any MMO ever. If you don't complain about that part then you are either stupid as hell or an ignorant as fuck scrub like Jackdumbass here. Their 8 man raid content is fairly good and I'm mostly pleased with it and have never said otherwise. It's just their 4 man group level 50 dungeon content that is atrocious.

It's also hilarious that he suggested a bunch of PVP garbage when anyone who actually posts here knows that I never PVP or any of that bullshit and am strictly a PVE guy.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
This is a re-release of a game where many players are starting at the level cap. There should have been 10 dungeons to grind at 50, not 1. And to prevent players from burning themselves out running the most efficient of those 10, these hard-mode dungeons would be random-pick or a "dungeon of the day" type thing.

But I don't need to say any of that because it is STUPIDLY OBVIOUS to everyone but Captain Fanboy Casual here.

Sean_sl

shitlord
This is a re-release of a game where many players are starting at the level cap. There should have been 10 dungeons to grind at 50, not 1. And to prevent players from burning themselves out running the most efficient of those 10, these hard-mode dungeons would be random-pick or a "dungeon of the day" type thing.

But I don't need to say any of that because it is STUPIDLY OBVIOUS to everyone but Captain Fanboy Casual here.
This all could have been EASILY solved just by having level 50 versions of all the story dungeons too. That shit is all suchmassively wasted contentthat people runonceand then they're done. It's amazing that Square fucked that up so badly.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This all could have been EASILY solved just by having level 50 versions of all the story dungeons too. That shit is all suchmassively wasted contentthat people runonceand then they're done. It's amazing that Square fucked that up so badly.
I was under the impression that the very idea of that is in development right now?

Sean_sl

shitlord
I was under the impression that the very idea of that is in development right now?
Not exactly:http://zantetsuken.net/news/final-fa...2-2-and-beyond

Two hard level dungeons and the Crystal Tower, a 24-man raid dungeon, will be added.
That's pretty vague and who knows what that actually means and that's the only mention of something that might be that at all. If that even means Heroic Style dungeons of that lower shit that's only 2 of them either way.

And seriously, there's fucking12non-level 50 dungeons that people do *once* (and not even that for the optional ones with some people). If they had half a brain between their development team they'd have slapped level 50 coats of paint on them for launch. It's pretty inexcusable that they wasted that much content. If they had done that and given them equivalent rewards to AK and made Wanderer's Palace the same level rewards then they'd have 14 dungeons to do at 50 instead of only having *1* viable one.

A RERELEASED game with a shitload of development time and all we got was AK at 50, come on.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I just expected more given that this is a re-release and the fact that people are coming into it with max level characters already.

I have no intention of raiding anyway. I'll be perfectly happy playing something else when I reach that point. It's just disappointing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
FF14 really should have stuck with the FfXi levelling pace and group mechanics.. Taking the wow "level to max in a few days approach" is what is singlehandedly destroying the genre. We need longevity on the way up, not just endgame!

Sean_sl

shitlord
FF14 really should have stuck with the FfXi levelling pace and group mechanics.. Taking the wow "level to max in a few days approach" is what is singlehandedly destroying the genre. We need longevity on the way up, not just endgame!
I think the leveling speed is fine given the multi-class stuff, it encourages people to play more classes quite a bit. Their main raid zone, Coil, is even pretty damned good (and very well tuned) and I think the amount of 8 man raid stuff is mostly adequate as long as 2.1 comes fairly soon. They just totally dropped the ball on non-raid level 50 group content and dungeons is all. They had so much to work with there and just totally fucked up and missed doing some really obvious shit.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Oh god, the whole "Go play another game this isn't for you" spiel. That's so sad. Legacy-tards, man, there's nothing more pathetic.

The best part about this is that I haven't complained about the game's content at all besides the horrible stretch between getting level 50 and getting to their main Raid zone (which is actually pretty good and very tightly tuned). The fresh level 50 experience and dungeon grinding progression is the single worst I've seen in any MMO ever. If you don't complain about that part then you are either stupid as hell or an ignorant as fuck scrub like Jackdumbass here. Their 8 man raid content is fairly good and I'm mostly pleased with it and have never said otherwise. It's just their 4 man group level 50 dungeon content that is atrocious.

It's also hilarious that he suggested a bunch of PVP garbage when anyone who actually posts here knows that I never PVP or any of that bullshit and am strictly a PVE guy.
I'm not sure anyone said that. If anything based on what you post, I'd advise you to STOP playing mmos. You clearly are burnt out but don't know it.

When you play games specifically with the intent on just getting to the end, you've missed the reason you should have been playing them in the first place. All game sucks to a degree but it seems you guys only focus on the suck part.

You guys are like some mmo Sisyphus club, eternally damned to keep getting into betas, then playing the shit out of games in a month or so and being too cool forallof them.

And then you just repeat the cycle, with the last 'good' game you can remember being like some old Black and White movie.

That's gotta suck, not having a game to play. I feel for ya. I really do.. but I'm gonna leave you to your task. It's better served to find people to agree on positive things about the games than to continually dwell here about what's wrong with all of them.

That and the NFL starting soon.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I like how you make all kinds of absurd, false assumptions. I haven't played the hell out of an MMO for about 4 years now and barely played FF14ARR beta. Keep on being a retard and making excuses for a part of a game that you haven't even played yet and clearly know nothing about, it's hilarious.

Also I haven't even been bitching about the "End" of the game, I've been bitching about the part *right before* it.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Regarding the whole poopsocker argument. Yes currently you have to run AK 50+ times if you want all the best gear right now to run the raid dungeon (technically you don't because there are other 50 dungeons that give comparable amounts of seals, and you don't need full DL gear to run primals, etc, but hey let's spout so everyone else has to suffer like poopsockers did). But 2.1 will be coming fairly soon, and a lot of the content being added, they have been working on since before launch, so I'm not too worried there. I'm sure there will be other ways to also gear up. Anyways, the people who are taking their time will be getting 50, doing some gearing up/finishing story etc, and boom we *should hopefully* have 2 new dungeons, and a 24 man raid that is duty finderable. There will be more shit to do, and more ways to gear up. This is why I don't mind taking my time and enjoying the game rather than burnout/skip all the story content, to get to the endgame which is not that amazing yet. The ball is in SE's court now. People like their game and want to keep playing it. Now they need to keep delivering content to keep the subs around. Whether they do or not is anyone's guess.

To people comparing this to WoW though, let's get real here. WoW has what, 4 expansions under it's belt? Do you remember when WoW came out, literally, 1.0. Do you REALLY remember, without rose-tinted glasses? There was running UBRS 500 times for a felstriker. There was running UBRS/Strat a hundred times to get all your dungeon set. And this was without a dungeon finder. Having to sit in Org spamming shout 2 fucking hours between runs. And without a proper loot system, so everyone could need on your shit, and if ML was set, you always had some fucker who would ninja or give to his friends the loot on the chance that you did get a rare drop of Felstriker, or even some shit like the life leech sword in strat, BoE set pieces, etc. That shit was straight up broken. There was no battlegrounds. There was no other shit to do. There was Tarren Mill all day, or run the same fucking dungeons over and over. And then, this was all to gear up to a broken MC that didn't even have proper loot, and Onyxia who was broken.

You know why people didn't leave? Because what else were they going to play? You could argue that they didn't want to go back to EQ. But the main reason why, is because the large majority of players weren't at MC levels. They were leveling up and enjoying the good content at the estimated pace when developed. When they got to max level and did a few dungeon runs for dungeon gear, MC was tuned and itemized, Onyxia was doable, and around the time they were finishing up MC, BWL was launching. The ones that weren't raiding and just hitting cap, had Battlegrounds come out. It was staggered to the needs of the majority of the players. The 1% had burnt up the content in the first couple months, and quit, only to come back every patch like they always do. MMO's are not made for the 1% anymore. It's not worth the dev time to cater to them, because you realistically cannot make enough content for them to keep them subbed, without having cockblocks to which they then vocally rage about. Which is why they just get hard modes. Which will be coming in 2.1 here anyways.

Just some fun facts for those with rose-tinted goggles. WoW launched Nov 2004. Over the next 6 months, added 2 non-endgame dungeons, Mauradon and Dire Maul. Battlegrounds came June 2005, 7 months after launch. Finally July 2005 we got our 2nd raid, BWL. 8 months later.

And thus why I don't poopsock anymore. It's like going to a banquet, a poopsocker getting his salad, shoveling it in his face, and then slamming his fists on the table yelling because he wants the second course which isn't ready yet, while everyone else is still enjoying their salad, socializing while eating, etc. Everyone just gives him some looks, but whatever. Then his streak comes, and he does the same thing. Shovels that bitch into his mouth so fast it's a miracle he didn't choke to death. And then again, he screams out loud making an ass of himself, while people are just taking their first bite literally. Then to make matters worse, the poopsocker jumps up on the table and starts kicking people's plates off the table and yelling at them (while spitting food from his mouth) for enjoying their salads/steaks. He calls them retards and worthless casual fucks, because they should be up in arms at the chefs like he is, and everyone should just leave now with him because the desert isn't even fucking ready yet. And if someone didn't quite finish their salad, and intended to go right into their steak, lord help them. As they are called a fucking drag on society for not conforming and finishing all of their salad first before starting their steak, like the poopsocker originally did, even though they paid the same price to get in the door. He suffered through it, therefor they must also suffer. There is a reason the hardcore get such a bad rep. The majority just want to enjoy their meal without some antisocial douchebag screaming out loud and telling them what they should and shouldn't like, while they are trying to eat. Cmon, it's a fucking video game. You like it or you don't, you sub or you don't. Yes it's fun to burn through the content fast so you can have a big epeen and show you are better than everyone else (at a game), but don't expect everyone to feel sorry for you and buy into your "there is nothing to do in this game" because you poopsocked 2 months of content in 3 days.

Syia_sl

shitlord
There's very little to log in to do if you plan on only playing your main class. Getting the subclasses to their required level for abilities is ~1-2 days, many of us are done running AK, and crafting has little purpose if you're clearing Bahamut's Coil and have full Darklight. Since they're gating content with weekly resets and token caps, leveling another job means that you will have to gear it out after your main. At that point, you might as well make a second character all together so you can run two raids a week and have more to do.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I like howno one's actually complaining about the End Game and Raid stuff, yet idiots like Stave are crying about "poopsockers" bitching about end game content when people are just bitching about the stupid as fuck AK grind and the lack of dungeons pre-Raid, an issue that could be easily fixed if Square didn't have their head up their ass and shouldn't be an issue that exists in the first place.

Bad Casual Tards are gonna Tard I guess.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I like howno one's actually complaining about the End Game and Raid stuff, yet idiots like Stave are crying about "poopsockers" bitching about end game content when people are just bitching about the stupid as fuck AK grind and the lack of dungeons pre-Raid, an issue that could be easily fixed if Square didn't have their head up their ass and shouldn't be an issue that exists in the first place.

Bad Casual Tards are gonna Tard I guess.
It was not so much against you Sean, but more people like dogbarf and some of the other shitheads a few pages back that are just being annoying fuckheads. And people that are comparing this to WoW or saying WoW is better because it has more content.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm leveling crafts, continue providing me with entertainment while I hit my 2 hotkeys over and over.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Your problem is that you seem to think everyone that isn't on your level is a Bad Casual Tard.
If they're bitching about "poopsockers" then yeah they're probably not on my level and likely are one. I don't see a problem there. People have 100% legitimate complaints about the lack of level 50 group content in this game and Square fucked up big time with an absurd amount of wasted dungeon content. People should be bitching about this shit.

And what did Square do when people were taking the "path of least resistance" to get through Square's bullshit (which was still a really obnoxiously dull and painful path to take)? They smacked people with the stick instead of fixing the real problems like bumping up some of the lower dungeons to 50 and making Wanderer's Palace on par with AK's rewards.

This type of design and developer behavior should not ever be excused and passed over. This is shit that is *not* okay.