Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Tonic_sl

shitlord
She has a lot of confusion about acronyms and the social etiquette involved. Like... why is it the tank's responsibility to mark targets and explain fights even if they have never even been in the zone before even if they don't know what the "trash" is going to do.

She cried after multiple multiple wipes in Brayflox because she couldn't get out of the breath in time and bragged all day about killing Titan on her second attempt a few days later. So I'd say both the highs are higher and the lows are lower.

But some of the things that "us jaded mmo fucks" do she will do as well, like skip over quest text... I saw her doing it with the storyline quest and I was like "wtf are you doing, that's the best part of this game" and she was like, "why bother to read it, it's just going to tell me what I need to do in the duty list anyways, and usually it's just go here and talk to x person or kill 3 of x monster."

But she won't skip over text when it's being voice acted, but it's like she feels that if a quest was important to the storyline it would have added audio.
Think we can get NOFX to write a song about her set to the tune of "She's Nubs"?

Faddor_sl

shitlord
It's barely been a month - a bit too early to be whining about clueless devs and and not enough content. They aren't omniscient - they need feedback from people to make changes.
Are you serious? These devs truly act as if they don't even have basic common sense. The decisions they make (everything from locking servers to AK to culling to 2.5 GCD) are so fucking far from defensible it honestly seems as if their goal is to piss the majority of their customers off.

Instead, they took the worst ideas from previous MMOs and put it all together.
Aside from a few ultimately meaningless changes, such as class switching, that pretty much sums it up. It only took them two tries to release mediocrity!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This thread has gotten kind of lame here the last couple pages due to just one person...

Anyways, the interview with him is stretched over two days. He's doing the second part tomorrow morning. Whether that is the rest of the current interview or more information ~ I dont know?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Oh, for the love of... fine, there are issues, but just because you aren't enjoying yourself doesn't mean we can't. Understand, Sean, or do I have to talk down to you like Ultracore talks down to the rest of us?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Liking something is fine, bullshitting that it's more than it is isn't. It's sad and pathetic that this game is so lacking in content considering its dev time and resources put into it and making excuses for it or trying to paint it as more than it is isbullshit.

I'm going to post this shit until the White Knighting Circle Jerk comes to an end and people start being more realistic.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Then you'll be posting this shit forever, and wasting your time doing so. It's entirely likely that people are white knighting the game just to piss you off at this point.

Games are for having fun. If people are having fun, the game is (to a degree, anyway) doing its job.People are having fun playing this game. You can piss and moan all you want, but at the end of the day, your time invested in doing so on this forum is accomplishing nothing but shortening your lifespan. Have fun with that.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Heh, the degree of retards on this board is funny.

heres my favorite quote sent to me

Sorry but there were a ton of 50's before tuesday that had nothing to do with legacy servers. keep the dream alive tho..

They're Japanese. they probly don't have T shirts in triple xtra large. Time to hit that treadmill girl!
The only use I have for your mouth is shoving my dick into it until I cum out your ears. Close it. No one wants to listen to you bitching about your internets being slapped down like the cum guzzling whore you are.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm confused, is Ultracore bragging that he literally poopsocked so hard that he got to max within a couple days? His username is fitting if so. I don't know how many poopsocks that would require.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree the end game is total trash and if I wasnt playing with friends I would have quit for sure by now.

I cant imagine its hard to scale up all of the pretty fun dungeons we did leveling up to level 50-53 and throw some new bosses in, so crazy we have nothing to do but AK / CM.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Doesn't matter how good the game is or isn't when the customer support sucks so badly.

I have had an account for 3 days. Played for one of those days, I guess I got hacked with all the linux keyloggers out there and the links I click in all my emails ....

I have a new password and implemented one time password but now I have to wait until the person logs off or find a way for customer support to kick him off, good fucking luck on the second option.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well, I should say that some of those backwards steps are actually positives for me. Like no talent trees - the class is the class. I like that a lot. And they don't try to make six fucking versions of every raid to fit every possible preference. And since PVP doesn't exist (yet), I don't have to up with sweeping gameplay changes because of god damn fucking PVP "balance" when such a thing will NEVER exist.

Those are three pretty big positives. It's everything else that sucks, heh.

For example I don't think there is anyone who would argue against taking the entire back-end system team out into the parking lot and running them over with a steam roller.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
Was that announcement of a race change GC item just pure BS or is there something actually going to go in with future GC advancements that'll unlock this. I'm kind of leaning towards Roegadyn now as everywhere I look I see Miqo'te.

*edit* Nvm. 30 day Vet reward.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Grand Theft Auto 5 took me away
smile.png
Sorry folks was fun playing with you for the 3-4 days or so I did. At least it was only 20 bucks. So I got my money's worth.

Pretty easy to see the end game content wouldn't be there when you purchased the box.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Liking something is fine, bullshitting that it's more than it is isn't. It's sad and pathetic that this game is so lacking in content considering its dev time and resources put into it and making excuses for it or trying to paint it as more than it is isbullshit.

I'm going to post this shit until the White Knighting Circle Jerk comes to an end and people start being more realistic.
Oh trust me. It will start up again in the TES Online thread within a month or so.

This genre has viral marketing on message boards down to a fucking T.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not defending the lack of things to do at 50, but it's hardly a "step backwards", WoW isn't a very good example to use, IT was a step backwards from Everquest circa 2005-06 Planes of Power or even before in either Kunark or Velious... IN THAT ONE TINY ASPECT ie: "Things to do at max level", and has WoW has ALWAYS run out of shit to do at max level for all but the most casual of casual players. For most of it's history, WoW would release about 1 encounter a month.

In WoW, you were "lucky" if you got a new encounter once a month.
ToTC: August 4, 2009
Bosses: 5
ICC: Release date December 9, 2009
Bosses: 12
Cataclysm: November 16th 2010

On top of my previous examples of Molten Core and Onyxia being "it" for 10 months, and stupid shit like 25 people going to UBRS 50 times to key up enough people for a 40 man raid for onyxia back when it was 1 blood per clear.

Is it a step forward? Is it better than WoW? No... but is it worse? Please explain to me how FFXIV is a step backwards in terms of end-game content from WoW? Because I don't see it. Hell... the LAST "big game" that launched, SWTOR, was a MILLION times worse in terms of content to do at max. And it was especially bad because they "PROMISED" a new planet every month... and so after 5 months, when the first new planet is released... and it was ONLY 15 bear-ass type quests, and no continuation of the storyline... THEN you have a right to be pissed.

Faddor, you're obviously trolling, I'm just going to play devil's advocate here a minute: A) Culling to prevent 1fps gameplay or a hard system lock in crowded cities, not forseen that it would affect pve content to the extent it has B) Server locks because fuck WoW's Arthas vs dead server problem during the Cataclysm era. C) 2.5 Second GCD because it makes it easier to have time to pull triggers on a gamepad, and combats the trend of the latest MMOs to be more about action gameplay and less about social gameplay. With a 2.5 sec GCD I can actually type to people while I'm playing the game.

Needless

Toe Sucker
THIS GAME HAS THE BEST END GAME CONTENT, MORE THAN WOW IN ITS CURRENT STATE OMG.

You guys are boring, quit shit posting and let us non-poopsockers enjoy the game for the pace it should be played. Yes there are a boat load of flaws, but its still an enjoyable game from what i've played. Will I probably drop the game once i hit max level and have nothing to do? Probably. Do I care about that? Nope.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I mean is it so hard to ask that when you change passwords and add authentication to an account it would automatically boot all the characters on it?