Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're massively full of shit, and one of the whitest of the white knights here. All that shit you just defended is bullshit shortcut fixes for serious problems which should never have existed.

The quality of everything you are comparing to WoW is worse in FFXIV, they had 2 fucking development cycles and two releases, and it's still worse.

You are one dumb piece of shit if you think "It's not WORSE than WOW! (10 years and two development cycles later!)" is an acceptable defense.

By the way, playing devil's advocate works better when you don't base your arguments on straw men fallacies. The idea that you can't have enough servers without "OMG GHOST TOWN! HOW EVER DO WE MOVE CHARACTERS BETWEEN SERVERS???" is fucking bullshit. 2.5s to pull triggers on a gamepad? Jesus fucking Christ. I wonder how they ever got DDR, Guitar Hero and Parappa the Rapper to work. That 2.5s delay must be FUCKING ROUGH!

What do you want, an even bigger list of dumb fucking decisions?

1. Culling.
2. Server creation locks.
3. No AFK timer.
4. Non working queue - need AHK to login.
5. Account site problems - SE flagging CD Keys to wrong accounts, forcing about 5 registrations to play.
6. Error 9xxxx.
7. Error 1xxx.
8. Fucked up inventory with no sorting and too much shit to carry.
9. Terrible communication.
10. Failing to provide enough content for one release, let alone two.
11. FFXIV 1.0.
12. Deleting support service tickets without responding.
13. Hanging up on phone support callers/locking out chat support queue.
14. Open policy of refusing refunds even for non-functional product.
15. No way to right-click ignore.
16. Must wait in dungeon queue even for a premade.
17. Force story quest advancement to require instance server, aggravating #16.
18. 2.5s GCD.
19. Terrible battle responsiveness - bad markings for floor effects, late notifications on AOE shit.
20. Netcode.
21. Animations lock, etc.
Not being able to sort guild window sucks
Not being able to have my friends and brother play until this weekend because physical copies from SE were delayed shipping until yesterday

Again im still having fun and have a lot to take my friends through but your list is spot on and I just wanted to add a couple more to it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
How is a 2.5 second cast time that you can cast while moving ANY different from an instant ability with a 2.5second GCD.

Yes, Queuing would help. But while you're coming up with ideas, please tell me about the multitude of free voice options I can use on the PS3?
2.5 second cast time while moving can still be interrupted with silence/knockdowns/stuns.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Then you'll be posting this shit forever, and wasting your time doing so. It's entirely likely that people are white knighting the game just to piss you off at this point.

Games are for having fun. If people are having fun, the game is (to a degree, anyway) doing its job.People are having fun playing this game. You can piss and moan all you want, but at the end of the day, your time invested in doing so on this forum is accomplishing nothing but shortening your lifespan. Have fun with that.
It's even more confusing that half the people shitting all over this game atm log in every fucking day to play it. lol. For a game that has taken a "step back in every way possible" they sure seem to be enjoying it.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
It's even more confusing that half the people shitting all over this game atm log in every fucking day to play it. lol. For a game that has taken a "step back in every way possible" they sure seem to be enjoying it.
Some people aren't happy unless they are crying like little bitches. That one little kid, mk-whatever, openly admits he hasn't experienced half the problems he is whining about, then talks about how much he can't wait to get there so he can see it for himself. What the fuck?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Haven't you heard? Poopsocking and being on the "A Team" give some sort of, false sense of entitlement.

Faddor_sl

shitlord
He was giving that as a suggestion on how to "slow down combat so that I could have my little chat room"
It would have admittedly been a better example to use something like old Ice Comet, with a longer cast time but higher damage to account for the same DPS. Plus, it felt less like running a rotation than every DPS class does these days. But, feel free to pounce on the example I said I had not thought through, and ignore the examples which your viewpoint doesn't have a response for.

I find being able to reposition during a cast time to be pretty fucking useful, especially if I am trying to knock some words out on a keyboard. Combat flexibility in many ways simulates the effect of slowing it down. It sure beats the hell out of an instant ability with a 2.5s animation which allows me to move (or maybe not), but actually doesn't move my location on the server until the whole 2.5s GCD is up.

Also, last I heard, owning a PS3 did not preclude you from owning a computer and headset (wireless or not) and using: Skype, Mumble, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, Steam. Phones have unlimited minutes. Google Voice/Hangouts? Online Conference Calls? The fact that you are implying there is no native PS3 or PS Network or whatever option to allow for this just proves again how dumb it is to play on a PS3 when you can plug a gamepad into any PC.

Maybe picking the shittiest platform to play a title on, and then having extremely specific requirements about how you want to play it, wasn't the best idea. Perhaps somewhere along the way, you might have seen the benefit of the most flexible platform?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People wouldn't mind farming gear for weeks on end to defeat the ultimate or penultimate boss of a zone if that gear grind was diversified. Phil/myth isn't a bad mechanic, but how it's obtained is. The biggest issue right now is "lack of options" where it's the FFXIII linear tunnel instead of having the pyramid to the top.

The only thing holding people back right now is RNG for dupe drops or sidegrades from BC. Because every boss can drop freakin' everything so good luck getting the exact pieces we'll need in a few weeks.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Some people aren't happy unless they are crying like little bitches. That one little kid, mk-whatever, openly admits he hasn't experienced half the problems he is whining about, then talks about how much he can't wait to get there so he can see it for himself. What the fuck?
Little kid? I probably have kids older than you, son.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
No doubt the game has problems. Not disputing that. I'm more just confused with all the clear frustration, angst, and hate from a few on this game expressed here, why they are paying a subscription, and logging every day playing for hours for something that is so clearly unenjoyable. I suspect some are doing it for the "excitement" to get to get past turn 5, whenever that may happen. I get it if this is everquest or something and you have 3-4 years invested in your character then suddenly something gets dropped that is total shit (See: Planes of Power/GoD). But this game hasn't even been out a month.

If its such a horrible, broken, piece of shit, I just cannot understand why they are playing. That's all.

Faddor_sl

shitlord
If its such a horrible, broken, piece of shit, I just cannot understand why they are playing. That's all.
Well, if they bought boxes with ARR they are still on time they paid for with the box. Bitching can certainly be fun, and despite what some people may claim, (negative) word of mouth is a real thing with real (negative) economic value.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why are you crying about me crying? Why do you care so much what I say? Am I rustling your jimmies too much? Stop fucking reading then, god damn. Im at work, bored, posting bullshit on a game forum, whats your excuse? Cant stand someone having a different opinion than yours? Get the fuck out of here then.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I still log in and enjoy the shit out of it. Even doing AK runs which are awful. But I complain because there's a LOT of room for improvement in this game. And a lot of it is easy stuff that they really should have planned before alpha stages.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Aaand I'm done for a while. I can't run AK any longer. Such simple fixes for lots of issues end game, you would think they'd hop all over that shit.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Aww, somebody talking mean things about my game, sniffles.
I have no problem with people making legitimate complaints about problems in the game. Almost all of them are valid.

I have a problem with whiney little kids like you shitting up the thread. You don't add anything. You just wait for Sean to post and then tell him how right he is. You said yourself that you haven't even seen most of the things you are crying about, so why are you crying?

The reason is obvious: you're a whiney little bitch who can't help himself.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I have no problem with people making legitimate complaints about problems in the game. Almost all of them are valid.

I have a problem with whiney little kids like you shitting up the thread. You don't add anything. You just wait for Sean to post and then tell him how right he is. You said yourself that you haven't even seen most of the things you are crying about, so why are you crying?

The reason is obvious: you're a whiney little bitch who can't help himself.
Reported for actual shit posting.