Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
YoshiP has been angered

YoshiP is such a nice guy. The fact that he replied to people's "concerns" at all is wild, and the fact that the response wasn't "No, no one can emulate our servers and no one had early access to Dragon Song, you absolute fucking dorks" is even wilder.

The man takes his position as seriously as you would hope a game director would, and it sucks how bad he feels about the stuff that has happened in 6.1, especially since its a lot of great content and, other than the housing which it seems like they are going to make right, has gone over very well.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
At the same time, it's the same shit they always say, and it literally means nothing unless they also say they're gonna start banning everyone. They should definitely add all the qol stuff from addons though, there's a lot of very obvious features that should be in the game(bubble speech, auto accept prompts, better tracking of your own debuffs and so on), he said they're working on it but if the addons can make some of these changes I don't think it'd be very hard to implement in the game.

Issue is applying the changes too console.. I'm not sure how much headroom they have left with the ps4 version. I think the PS5 version should handle it easy.

PS, If you're running Dalamud they know how too detect it, use at you're own risk of getting a 10-day ban..

Last edited:

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I'll keep using Dalamud until they suspend me. I only use a few QoL plugins. Fuck SE for being smooth-brain-japanese-way-is-the-only -way-fucks. They ain't gonna do shit when it comes to banning. They must have at least a vague idea on how western gaming works and they just can't start suspending/banning thousands if not tens of thousands of players who use simple QoL plugins like Chat Bubbles (to have to use a plugin for that shows how retarded SE can be) or try to reduce button bloat with FXIV combo or wanna see how big their numbers are with ACT. Fuck, just bake them into the game alongside with delvui and other QoL mods like that and be fucking done with it. Vast majority of people would be happy with that and then wouldn't mind if they started banning people who use hacks etc.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
regardless of any argument about add-ons, GMs porting in like Ascians is pretty neat.

• 3Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So yeah it seems this time it isn't just empty threat, bunch of streamers got suspended. I guess that mostly means move your ACT off screen and don't have obvious addons on screen if you're streaming though. If you're not streaming nothing has changed either since they themselves literally said they can't detect people using it. Seems a bit over the top to ban just for dmg meters but eh it is what it is I guess.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Seems a bit over the top to ban just for dmg meters but eh it is what it is I guess.
Apparently, this time it's not only damage meters.
1652203686340.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
They don't scan your machine and claim they never will. If you get caught using something it's mostly on you. Mods that hide people, show chat bubbles or give Lalafell 12 inch cocks are probably safe.

• 3Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Apparently, this time it's not only damage meters.
View attachment 411824
Streaming with Addons is one thing, streaming yourself using something like this that is basically cheating and then getting mad about getting banned is insane lol.

Hopefully it does lead to some changes and adding some built in QOL changes to the UI, especially all the combat log stuff (damage meter, death recap), since their combat log is essentially incompressible.

Rali

Trakanon Raider
Watching Pyromancers meltdown over this yesterday evening was top quality kek. He was raging like that fat german kid with the keyboard :trump:

• 1Worf

Goonsquad Officer
Watching Pyromancers meltdown over this yesterday evening was top quality kek. He was raging like that fat german kid with the keyboard :trump:
am i misunderstanding what yoshi p actually said? i read over the update on the lodestone and it basically says that they'll get ya if you're sifting data or adding new data.

people who mod bloom lighting, chat bubbles and lalafel dicks they won't care about right?

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
am i misunderstanding what yoshi p actually said? i read over the update on the lodestone and it basically says that they'll get ya if you're sifting data or adding new data.

people who mod bloom lighting, chat bubbles and lalafel dicks they won't care about right?

The issue from what I have read, is that due to laws in Japan and such, if SE is forced to crackdown on addons, it would be non-discriminatory. They would have to blanket ban everything.

Yoshi-P and many of the other devs are gamers and understand what that would mean, which is why he has said many, many times over the years”Please don’t fucking do it, don’t do it publicly, just enjoy the game. If you force us, it will end badly for you, it will end badly for us and no one will be happy.”

The issue now is that due to the surge in popularity and the highly contested race for the new Ultimate fight, people are sperging out. 5chan is on a brigading run trying to get anyone they can find cancelled because they are butthurt that a JP team didn’t win.

The FFXIV teams philosophy has been to design fights that are tough, but with no timer so that the design is more for the player to win and just enjoy finishing, rather than everything being a speed race like current WoW.

Malkav

French Madman
The FFXIV teams philosophy has been to design fights that are tough, but with no timer so that the design is more for the player to win and just enjoy finishing, rather than everything being a speed race like current WoW.

wut? Every single fight outside of normal modes have hard enrage on a timer.

• 3Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I'd love if they just added in XIVCombo by default and just called it a day. That's the only 'non-QOL' that seems reasonable to add in as a core gameplay feature.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
I'd love if they just added in XIVCombo by default and just called it a day. That's the only 'non-QOL' that seems reasonable to add in as a core gameplay feature.

Especially since it already works like that in pvp. Hell, make it a toggle to shut up the whiny bitches against it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
The issue from what I have read, is that due to laws in Japan and such, if SE is forced to crackdown on addons, it would be non-discriminatory. They would have to blanket ban everything.

Yoshi-P and many of the other devs are gamers and understand what that would mean, which is why he has said many, many times over the years”Please don’t fucking do it, don’t do it publicly, just enjoy the game. If you force us, it will end badly for you, it will end badly for us and no one will be happy.”

The issue now is that due to the surge in popularity and the highly contested race for the new Ultimate fight, people are sperging out. 5chan is on a brigading run trying to get anyone they can find cancelled because they are butthurt that a JP team didn’t win.

ahh i see. yea so that makes more sense. internet spergs are trying to sabotage the competition or punish the uncleans over it.

they really should just add all the top QoL mods into the game as check boxes sunk into menus disabled by default.