Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rali

Trakanon Raider
Just fired up the game using the free days, I was 2 days outside the cut off point!

Tested my new Andriod phone with my new Razer Kishi controller, WAY more elegent than my previous method. I was bluetoothing a PS4 controller to the phone which meant that I had to prop my phone up somewhere, usually too far away to see it well or on the arm of the sofa which hurt my neck.

Thinking about filming some footage of my playing it to demonstrate how good it is and trigger the fuck out of people. Any interest?

Yes please. Not because I give a shit about how you play with a controller, you understand. I just want to see triggered people :p

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just fired up the game using the free days, I was 2 days outside the cut off point!

Tested my new Andriod phone with my new Razer Kishi controller, WAY more elegent than my previous method. I was bluetoothing a PS4 controller to the phone which meant that I had to prop my phone up somewhere, usually too far away to see it well or on the arm of the sofa which hurt my neck.

Thinking about filming some footage of my playing it to demonstrate how good it is and trigger the fuck out of people. Any interest?
Are you playing ffxiv on the phone or did I miss something?

Went through the MSQ and died lots in the Alliance raid. Wrapping up the side quests then back to waiting for the next content patch as I see no point in raiding anything besides the normal modes.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are you playing ffxiv on the phone or did I miss something?

Went through the MSQ and died lots in the Alliance raid. Wrapping up the side quests then back to waiting for the next content patch as I see no point in raiding anything besides the normal modes.
Yes you can play on your phone if you have FF14 on Playstation.

You need an app called PSPlay which costs $5 (official app is trash), which streams the game to your phone over wifi, then you bluetooth the controller to your phone.

I just got a controller that straps onto the phone which is a huge upgrade though.

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes you can play on your phone if you have FF14 on Playstation.

You need an app called PSPlay which costs $5 (official app is trash), which streams the game to your phone over wifi, then you bluetooth the controller to your phone.

I just got a controller that straps onto the phone which is a huge upgrade though.
Ahh. I don't like playing on the small screens so that's an extra step for me for sure.

Do you need to have to do the Stormblood Hildebrand to do the endwalker one? I kinda skipped the sto4mblood stuff so will have to revisit that if that's the case. Not sure I'll wrap everything up during the free game time though.

Cybsled

Yes, you have to have completed all the Hildibrands prior to EW before you can take the EW quest

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Server Expansions are coming,

JP and European servers are first up, with patch 6.18 on the 5th, I think there spacing it out a bit so the character moving doesn't get jammed.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
1.jpg

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
So been working on UCOB, my first ultimate. I started FF14 in Dec, cleared the raid tier and this is the next challenge for me. I used to do some heavy neckbeard raiding in EQ2 when I was in my early 20's including some world firsts (DMP YO!!). I don't know if I am getting old (I am) but holy shit the raids are so much more complicated/fast/twitchy than my glory days. I haven't really played an MMO for almost a decade (I think WHO or Conan was the last one?) and I never did Wow heavily. I have to give kudos to gamers these days. I find it so challenging. Maybe I am just a terribad keyboard turner/mouthbreather but man the ultimate raids are something else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So been working on UCOB, my first ultimate. I started FF14 in Dec, cleared the raid tier and this is the next challenge for me. I used to do some heavy neckbeard raiding in EQ2 when I was in my early 20's including some world firsts (DMP YO!!). I don't know if I am getting old (I am) but holy shit the raids are so much more complicated/fast/twitchy than my glory days. I haven't really played an MMO for almost a decade (I think WHO or Conan was the last one?) and I never did Wow heavily. I have to give kudos to gamers these days. I find it so challenging. Maybe I am just a terribad keyboard turner/mouthbreather but man the ultimate raids are something else.

Once you learn the tells it gets much easier.

Except adds prog.. fuck Nael and her stupid quotes.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
So, we got another type of dungeons coming with 6.2, with 3 modes.

Story mode scaling for 1-4 players with branching paths (story changes depending on the path).
High Difficulty mode (set path, raise actions don't work, each player gets a limited amount of revives).
Savage mode

1656677792547.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Bunch of new stuff, relic won't have an area designated for it and instead is tied to Hildebrande story(new hildebrande in 6.2 too). 800slots in glamour dresser. Savage will be delayed one week to let people enjoy the content without having to rush progression day1. The new dungeon stuff has several difficulties, has a "story" version that you can play with 1-4players with branching paths that need multiple playthrough to fully clear, a hard version that's 4man with limited rez and a single path and the savage version that's also 4man, premade only, no rez, full respawns on wipe for the added challenge. Island sanctuary seems to be about what people expected.

Full summary of the live letter:

There will be a part 2 live letter later on with more details on some stuff such as crit/dhit buff changes and the AST/DRG reworks plus more details on everything.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I wonder if the branched story mode dungeon will work like the SWTOR dungeons used to work - you get to a point and the party had to vote on a choice, which influenced how the story unfolded.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I wonder if the branched story mode dungeon will work like the SWTOR dungeons used to work - you get to a point and the party had to vote on a choice, which influenced how the story unfolded.
Not sure how it'll work to decide in parties but it feels like the kind of thing you want to run solo so you can make the choices you want. It's good they're adding new stuff though, between this and the harvest moon island this looks to be a pretty big content patch especially since it's also a new raid tier. I guess not having relic areas is the trade off but relics can just be whatever, last one a ton of people were farming their relics exclusively in the non bozja places anyway and bozja itself wasn't particularly amazing content(the raids were nice, but the overworld zones not so much, and they can add random raids as part of the story without needing the overworld zones).

Anyway will likely sub to clear all that stuff, I assume a bunch will be 6.25 though so I'll probably wait until then.

Malkav

French Madman
Apparently some people are already malding that the new relic is locked behind Hildibrand and now they have to catch up on that.

New Tataru questline will be locked behind the Mach alliance raids too.

Cybsled

Apparently some people are already malding that the new relic is locked behind Hildibrand and now they have to catch up on that.

"For Stormblood relic, you must grind in Eureka. It is basically an early 2000s throwback and the level is boring as fuck"
"OK!"
"For Shadowbringers, you must grind again. It isn't as bad as Eureka, but we're going to gate some relic parts behind instances raids that it can be hard to find groups for"
"OK!"
"For Endwalker, you have to do some quests where it's basically Japanese Looney Toons"
"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!"

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

bolok

Molten Core Raider

Losers. Having to deal with a funny ass quest line that is frankly great.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Heavensward grind is the easiest one, I have multiple of those but on first step for most of the others.

I'm assuming it's going to be grinding Shadowbringers FATES/Dungeons/Raids, I would be very happy doing some more Eden so hopefully that's included.