Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I’m curious about what kind of rewards will come from the savage dungeon. It sounds cool, might be something I can actually get my buddies to come back for

bolok

Molten Core Raider
I’m curious about what kind of rewards will come from the savage dungeon. It sounds cool, might be something I can actually get my buddies to come back for
They’re very cautious about that sort of thing. Very unlikely to be much of anything to start. Even mogs get people in a tizzy. I can see a glam. But that’ll be an interesting long term question. Maybe alt totem chances?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Materia, Minnions, glams and possible past Primal Weapons, particle effect version. And as always Shitty Fireworks... that no one cares about rofl, maybe some TT cards also.

Cybsled

It is, but if people really hate it, they can at least skip the cutscenes (which make up like 90% of the runtime of those quests)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah if you skip everything I don't think it's that long and isn't too too different from having to do Ivalice to do Bozja I'd say. There's a couple of trials mixed in but they're super easy so don't think it's a huge problem, although I can see the complaint, it's the usual FFXIV stuff where you have to o quite a lot of previous irrelevant content to get to the new stuff which is a bit annoying. It'd be nice if they added a way to skip it with a summary of the story so far kind of thing, in preparation for a potential similar change to the MSQ for next expansion(where instead of forcing ppl to play through 250hours of story, they just start in the new spot directly, with the ability to go back and complete said story later if you want).

Cybsled

They've hinted that at some point, they might do something that basically lets you go post-Endwalker storywise as a starting new character.

Goonsquad Officer
Its
They've hinted that at some point, they might do something that basically lets you go post-Endwalker storywise as a starting new character.
My understanding that the next story arc won't require the old story. Maybe like guildwars do. But who knows

Cybsled

I'm kind of curious what they will end up doing for a major arc. They have a ton of options, but they could also just putz around with mini-arcs or adventures until they decide on something that would extend through multiple expansions.

Malkav

French Madman
I mean the current stuff seems pretty major already to me.

Not like the Thirtheenth is just a random adventure or whatever

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I mean the current stuff seems pretty major already to me.

Not like the Thirtheenth is just a random adventure or whatever

and the dragon family, and Mercydia, it seems the 13th + dragon land will be next, I think they are gonna keep us busy long enough considering how far the 13th has been in Void its gonna take awhile too bring the light back.

Cybsled

I think those are the two most likely, because there is a lot of stuff related to it you can use

Void and the other reflections - you could basically go the Multiverse route

Dragons in Mercydia - can involve Allagans or Omicrons

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Guess we will see how far they take this whole Atomos thing, I'm curios if they already have a general idea of how too tune it too the other reflections, or if this next major story line is gonna be about finding a way to do it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They did say that we would see the new storyline in 9.1 but not sure if they implied it would be another 5 expansion arc or not.

4 Fiends, Shadow Dragon and Golbez is 6 bosses. That could be a couple of dungeons and and several trials. Sounds about right for patch content, especially as the main Endwalker storyline has no scope for continuation unlike the other expansions.

Then the Relic Weapon quest is on the 1st? I feel like some excess light is getting dumped in the 13th.

So I think that this stuff is getting resolved in this expansion but we will gain a new dragon friend to take to Mercydia and a developing bridge between shards to visit those later too.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh just realised that I forgot about the shadow entity Zenos got his reaper powers from. That could be our 5 expansion antagonist, it knows about Dynamis and Ultima Thule.

Could be the 13th part of Azem's sundered soul, battling your evil alter ego is another FF4 reference.

Cybsled

I think they mentioned that their currently plan is shorter scope arcs, so I would suspect maybe 2 expansion type deals

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They did say that we would see the new storyline in 9.1 but not sure if they implied it would be another 5 expansion arc or not.

4 Fiends, Shadow Dragon and Golbez is 6 bosses. That could be a couple of dungeons and and several trials. Sounds about right for patch content, especially as the main Endwalker storyline has no scope for continuation unlike the other expansions.

Then the Relic Weapon quest is on the 1st? I feel like some excess light is getting dumped in the 13th.

So I think that this stuff is getting resolved in this expansion but we will gain a new dragon friend to take to Mercydia and a developing bridge between shards to visit those later too.

9.1?

Also have you done the new Hildabrand quests?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
They are probably gonna do what they did with the Weapons..
VS the 4 Primal Elementals from FF4... 3 trial fights, 1 gimmick fight with the G-Warrior, and I have a feeling that Cecil is gonna show up somewhere when we show up in the 13th, probably a duty fight with us + cecil vs Golbez..

I don't think that is Zenos Voidsent.. it just seems too be another one that has some specific ties too the 13th.

But I am very curious still as too why the 12 have shown them self's too us, a test for what?

Last edited: