Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kienas_sl

shitlord
Anyone know if xfers are opened up yet? I'm hoping to use this chance to join people from the boards. Full DL/algan & +1 pally here. Also is there consolidation move planned to a diff server?

-Thanks

spronk

FPS noob
they apparently also nerfed the dark devices fate, so enjoy that 42-50 grind without a 300k xp boost every hour. glad I already leveled all the combat classes I want to 50!

xfers aren't up yet, they are supposed to go live today according to the mog website

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
CM runs are dead. Mobs after first boss have to be killed.

AV is faster, AK and AV give the same 100 Philo tomes. AK still giving 40 Myth. WP is 100 Phil 30 Myth.

Garuda bumped from 10/7 to 15/10.
Wow, I "quit" but only because I didn't have time to play again until November. Not sure I want to come back now. Why do they hate their players?

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They hate them so they give more tomes? What they need is to come out with that content patch for more stuff to do, and pvp to distract us

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Myth tombs weren't really the problem, outside of being capped at 300. But they nerfed CM where it sounds like it's not even worth running for tomes now.

Granted, I'm not playing at the moment so I don't know how severe it is, but making content more of an ass pain to run just sounds like a poor decision.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
But CM wasn't designed to be a farm instance. It's clearly there to tell a story with more cutscenes than you can shake a stick at, not to encourage skipping them for a fast tome farm.

Artifa

N00b
CM being a pain to run has no effect on anything when the instances people were supposed to be running anyway (AK and WP) both give 100 philosophy now. And for now at least, I'll do WPs at 30 myth per run instead of AKs at 40, until the prices on relic pieces drop. Also, because fuck AK.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
I read his tombs and it just automatically translated to my keyboard
frown.png

spronk

FPS noob
wp is pretty fun, if your group is geared you can really blow through shit super fast. im sure after 20+ runs itll get as sucky as AK, but at least the number of endgame dungeons to farm has now doubled!!!!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
But CM wasn't designed to be a farm instance. It's clearly there to tell a story with more cutscenes than you can shake a stick at, not to encourage skipping them for a fast tome farm.
I guess that's the thing. They just didn't really design anything. The whole end game seems like an afterthought.

Kienas_sl

shitlord
So made it on to Gilgamesh, At work now, but is the FC looking for a BC T4 experienced PLD? If yes, who can I look up in game?

-Thanks

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I'm still mad I missed the cutscenes. I could *not* find any of them in my innroom, just the cutscenes before and the final ones. I should've ignored those min/maxxers and watched that shiat anyway. What would they have done, booted me? Oh wait =D

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm still mad I missed the cutscenes. I could *not* find any of them in my innroom, just the cutscenes before and the final ones. I should've ignored those min/maxxers and watched that shiat anyway. What would they have done, booted me? Oh wait =D
There's tabs in the cutscene menu to see the other cutscenes, class quests cutscenes etc.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Myself and 3 other friends in mostly AK/DL gear transferred to Gilg is it cool if we get an invite? If so who should I talk to? BRD, WHM, SCH, SUM

Edit: Should specify that none of us are retarded.