Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Story got crazy, still not done with the 6.0 MSQ, im up to
Ultima Thule just got here
Huge fan of the expansion, feels like FF 14's Legion but with better writing and no stupid artifact grind. Wasn't a huge fan of the lvl 88 trial, bright encounters are tough for me in this game as being red-green colorblind. Every other trial and dungeon though I have enjoyed immensely, and it even felt appropriate to do "that one" with the NPC's instead of other people so I finally did for the first time (it was okay, i find they move too late to learn the fights properly so i am more relying on the consolegamers move list which isnt ideal)
How did you feel about the Venat scene at the end of Elpis? There's a YouTube genre of female streamers crying at FF14 moments and that's one of the biggest ones.

The best one I saw is a streamer saying "oh no my husband killed my other husband" and bursting into tears when Emet shoots Graha in Shadowbringers.

Chris

Potato del Grande
On the reverse side

the final days dungeon in Rahz, if you bring Y’shtola, she can’t do mechanics well because the mobs lack aether, so she can’t see them
This whole Aether/Dynamis laws of physics thing is ridiculously consistent and well thought out for what is basically a retcon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
How did you feel about the Venat scene at the end of Elpis? There's a YouTube genre of female streamers crying at FF14 moments and that's one of the biggest ones.

The best one I saw is a streamer saying "oh no my husband killed my other husband" and bursting into tears when Emet shoots Graha in Shadowbringers.

I usually dislike timetravel in games as it wasn't done well, this was better as they made it a closed loop as Venat had to make absolutely sure events came to pass for our creation to what I am assuming fix Hermes fuckup (I am not at the end yet but obviously Meteion is the end boss). Also incase she couldn't she made the moon to escape so atleast there were plans. The part of that zone I liked the most was the interaction between Emet and Hythlodaeus. What I wanted more on though is that the current Azem drove Emet-Selch bananas so I am unsure why he would secretly create the crystal for them (me).

I do find it interesting in that while Amon said he had no memories of being Hermes prior to getting the Fandaniel crystal, some parts of him were so ingrained that he created a basterdized version of Elpis in Azys Lla and instead of Meteion he or the Alagans created the Ixil.

Cybsled

Regarding Azem

Emet is a Tsundre - he is annoyed by Azem but still loves them/considers them a good friend, but he puts on this standoffish exterior. Lore wise, Emet and Hythlo and current Azem were all best friends. They expand on this in post ShB and EW, but it is part of why Emet is mostly chummy in ShB. You’re basically are shade/echo of one of his best friends and it’s clear he is ultra lonely/missing them, which is why Hythlo’s shade is self-aware as well.

I suspect Emet made the Azem stone not too long after the Sundering. Plus, it’s possible that even though he didn’t remember it, some part of him perhaps remembered you helping in the past

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it a good time to resub now for the MSQ? Played last time when you got the first Hildebrand weapon.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Is it a good time to resub now for the MSQ? Played last time when you got the first Hildebrand weapon.

Currently, we’re on a bit of a cliffhanger on the MSQ. If you just want in for that, I would wait until 6.5 drops sometime in October.

The Rising event is also happening now that rewards a phoenix mount, as well, if you don’t want to miss that.

There is currently a very good Moogle tomestone event going on that runs up until 6.5, if you’re interested in those items. Lots of old pieces from old events and a few expensive pieces. Would check that event inventory first to see if you want something there. Otherwise I’d just wait for the patch.

• 1Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Currently, we’re on a bit of a cliffhanger on the MSQ. If you just want in for that, I would wait until 6.5 drops sometime in October.

The Rising event is also happening now that rewards a phoenix mount, as well, if you don’t want to miss that.

There is currently a very good Moogle tomestone event going on that runs up until 6.5, if you’re interested in those items. Lots of old pieces from old events and a few expensive pieces. Would check that event inventory first to see if you want something there. Otherwise I’d just wait for the patch.

Just from running Hidden Gorge PVP I've gotten all the 100 tomestone items, at least half of the 50 tomestone items. More than likely I'll have all the items from this event before October.

Aazrael

Guess I'll resub for a bit then. Kinda done with PoE right now and somehow can't get back into FF16, not sure why I don't want to continue.

I will die a lot on my BLM as I won't know any of the mechanics in the new raids, will be fun!

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Guess I'll resub for a bit then. Kinda done with PoE right now and somehow can't get back into FF16, not sure why I don't want to continue.

I will die a lot on my BLM as I won't know any of the mechanics in the new raids, will be fun!
Are you already in the FOH FC on Gilgamesh? If not, come on over!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Just from running Hidden Gorge PVP I've gotten all the 100 tomestone items, at least half of the 50 tomestone items. More than likely I'll have all the items from this event before October.
I'm at 94 wins for RW, and almost have 2k tomes to go spend for the event. Should be able to get everything I think. Will be happy to take a break from PvP for a bit, though, lol.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
What do you get for 100 Wins?

As for BLM on new content, Aetherial Manipulation will be your friend! I recently geared up during the two week free time - the 6.4 dungeon drops 625 gear. Tomestones of Causality will get you 620 gear, Tomestones of Comedy 650. There's also 610 and 640 gear on the market board if you need to buy a piece or two to get over an ilvl hump. There's also 610 gear from Abyssos raid that you can farm as much of as you want, and 640 gear from the current raid, Anabaseios.

Juvarisx

Florida
Finished the 6.0 MSQ its a 10/10, ARR -> 6.0 is probably my favorite FF story ever which is funny that's its an MMO but they did a fantastic job. Haven't started 6.1 yet, running around trying to unlock the stuff i skipped (like Omega raid) on this character which I had done on my old datacenter. First time I am doing the allied ARR beast tribe quest and dude just came out in a yellow speedo sayin this:

1694801460168.png

I actually laughed, this game just gives no fuck's, I think the blue hairs on the WoW dev team would run out of the room seeing some of the ARR writing lmao.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I actually laughed, this game just gives no fuck's, I think the blue hairs on the WoW dev team would run out of the room seeing some of the ARR writing lmao.

This game has the largest sexual deviant group I have ever seen in a game much less a MMO, it is blue hair central.

People openly solicit people to join their 18+ clubs and guilds, people openly have 18+ RP in public places, 90% of the mods for the game are built to facilitate sex acts, the developer actually came out and asked the community to stop modding the "Child race" for sex out of fear they would get in trouble. Tell me that warning did any good...finding this content literally was 1 search away "NSFW FFXIV mods".

Nothing "Nude" here but 100% shit I wouldn't want on a work computer and I would 100% put someone on a watchlist if this was on their PC:

Cybsled

maybe, but the game devs haven’t bowed to that and you rarely see people bitch about stuff of that nature in FF

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
maybe, but the game devs haven’t bowed to that and you rarely see people bitch about stuff of that nature in FF

Okay, don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game, it's entertaining. I've finished the MSQ and I'm waiting on new content...none of the NSFW stuff bothers me as an adult (aside from the lalafel race shit, that shit is creepy as fuck). I just find it funny that it's an open secret that the game is being used as a "Second-life" alternative for people seeking out kinks

Being that said, the devs for this game 100% know that their game is enjoyed by deviants. Their mentor system is entirely taken over by blue-hairs. Their report system is built around no one in the game being offended ever. They have several characters of "Questionable" sexuality and veiled gayness around many more. (EDIT: fuck I even forgot about the guy in the wheelchair LOL..)

Most of this can be chalked up to "Japan LOL!" but when people saw this stuff in WoW, they said that the devs went full blue hair.

Cybsled

I mean, wheelchair bro got horribly maimed in a fight and got paralyzed. Plus he even acknowledges he can’t go and fight anymore because of that. I kind of like they didn’t shy away from some realism, even though people can cast magic to heal.

• 1Double Worf

Aazrael

Wish I had money in this game. only got 1 million Gil so can't buy the crafted catch up gear. The Tome stuff will have to do I guess unless I missed a step.

I think my MMO days are really over though. I get so focused on the rotation I can't seem to do any mechanics. :p

Playing Black Mage probably does not help but I really like the Job. I guess Sharpcasting Fire/Paradox to get a free Fire III can help getting some extra time in the fire phase.

Last edited:

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Wish I had money in this game. only got 1 million Gil so can't buy the crafted catch up gear. The Tome stuff will have to do I guess unless I missed a step.

I think my MMO days are really over though. I get so focused on the rotation I can't seem to do any mechanics. :p

Playing Black Mage probably does not help but I really like the Job. I guess Sharpcasting Fire/Paradox to get a free Fire III can help getting some extra time in the fire phase.

Causality Tome (uncapped) gear is 620 and can be upgrade to 630 with Nuts from hunting.

Crafted Gear is currently 640. You can also get 640 gear from running Anabaseios normal - 2-3 pieces per week, as well as saving 7 unsung blades for your weapon.

7 Unsung blades (1 per week) and 500 Comedy Tomes will get you a 650 Weapon .

The current Comedy Tome (450 per week cap) gear is 650 and will upgrade to 660 next patch, or can be upgrade to 660 with items from the current Savage Tier. Current Savage gear is also 660.

Next patch, coming soon, will let you get one piece of 650 gear per week from the new alliance raid for the Left side of the character sheet only, and will uncap the Anabaseios normal gear so you can get full 640 gear easily.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users