Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Appreciate it guys!! Thanks for the insight. Think i'll fire my Pally back up and keep progressing. Double checked... he's 53 and my highest character so I'm sure I have a lot of MSQ ahead of me. We'll see how raiding goes once I get to that bridge. Just going to kick around for now so not even going to worry about raid taking atm.
Paladin is one of my favourite Jobs in FFXIV but I have not really played it in the Endgame. It does have in my opinion the coolest Relic Weapons in the old expansions (HW).

Skärmbild 2023-09-18 095800.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Paladin is one of my favourite Jobs in FFXIV but I have not really played it in the Endgame. It does have in my opinion the coolest Relic Weapons in the old expansions (HW).

View attachment 491083
Yeah I use that with the glowing version of the Eureka Elemental Armor, it's amazing.

HW Relic is the easiest to get with mostly jusy Poetics.

Aazrael

Yeah I use that with the glowing version of the Eureka Elemental Armor, it's amazing.

HW Relic is the easiest to get with mostly jusy Poetics.
Is Eureka stuff possible to do now? I never tried it but that armor is nice.

Goonsquad Officer
Eureka is doable but not face roll. Mr happy I believe has a guide. It uses a lot of...esoteric mechanics like monster perception and weaknesses. And it's a literal level grind. That being said, the final zone hydatos actually has a decent money grind and the rare drops from there like the dice I think, sell for heaps

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is Eureka stuff possible to do now? I never tried it but that armor is nice.
I did it between Shadowbringers and Endwalker, so it gets busier during content drougnts.

You can solo the start but eventually there needs to be a "train" for you to join that goes around killing bosses. If the zone is empty go do something else.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Eureka also works in instances. You could join an instance, and be the only one in there, but that's just because everyone else is in the old instance. Over time the new one will fill up.

There's generally a lot of people in Eureka all day every day apart from the very quiet hours.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Cool thanks. It does not matter what Job you use in Eureka right? Or do you need to do a Tank Job for the Plate armor?

Goonsquad Officer
Cool thanks. It does not matter what Job you use in Eureka right? Or do you need to do a Tank Job for the Plate armor?
I think you just unlock the tier via eureka progression. And can then buy anything you farm up

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

It's all setup you can go in on any class/buy any armor for whatever class.. Can even change jobs but only at the Main Camps(Unlike for Bozja/Zadnor were they just made it too were you can change job anytime, you just need to be out of combat.)

• 1Like

Aazrael

Whats a good job for Eureka? I have most of them at atleast 80 so can pick and choose. Think I will grind a bit of roulettes so I can get the Chest for extra EXP, but not sure which one of the two to get.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Whats a good job for Eureka? I have most of them at atleast 80 so can pick and choose. Think I will grind a bit of roulettes so I can get the Chest for extra EXP, but not sure which one of the two to get.
Tank. Once you get the 40% damage reduction logos you basically can tank multiple mobs 5+ levels above you easily. You can do alot of the NM prep work solo too.

• 1Like

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just go war. You can solo nearly everything, even final bosses of zones. Playing something else is just wanting to suffer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Just go war. You can solo nearly everything, even final bosses of zones. Playing something else is just wanting to suffer.
Ya. Its my go-to. The defensive ability that morphed into more dmg equals more heal is stupid powerful on single target, much less multi target, where just one swing restores all your health. Its nutty.

Daidraco

Im only 85 right now, but the story is just dragging. This feels nothing like Shadowbringers. Every single action taken by the scions is a 5 page dialogue on what the plan of action is, followed by another 5 pages of them thanking you for coming, then followed by another 5 pages of dialogue about how they feel about what to expect. You go and do the 3 minutes of actually playing the game, and then come back to 10 pages of thanking and where to go next. Its like they understood that the story elements were excellent in Shadowbringers, but totally missed the mark that they were quick, short, and impactful. Like, when the fucking sky is raining fire, a huge demon is terrorizing people, but wait, before you take off - lets talk to a nobody puppet king that wants to thank me for coming in a not so short and subtle way. I KNOW that any reply to this would be "It gets better!" but this is an overall let down from Shadowbringers and Im just sad that they seem to have learned all the wrong shit from that expansions success. When the expansion launched, I could feel a huge difference and just thought it was me and left for a while. But now after forcing myself to get through this shit - it just feels like a massive step backwards.

Rough as fuck when I know the side quests/tasks/grinds are more fun than the actual MSQ, but I have to get through this shit first. I shouldnt have to drag myself through Urianger levels of dialogue before I "get to the fun" of the MSQ. Im not asking for God of War, but I dont want a fucking chapter dedicated to each and every action I take, either.

Juvarisx

Florida
Im only 85 right now, but the story is just dragging. This feels nothing like Shadowbringers. Every single action taken by the scions is a 5 page dialogue on what the plan of action is, followed by another 5 pages of them thanking you for coming, then followed by another 5 pages of dialogue about how they feel about what to expect. You go and do the 3 minutes of actually playing the game, and then come back to 10 pages of thanking and where to go next. Its like they understood that the story elements were excellent in Shadowbringers, but totally missed the mark that they were quick, short, and impactful. Like, when the fucking sky is raining fire, a huge demon is terrorizing people, but wait, before you take off - lets talk to a nobody puppet king that wants to thank me for coming in a not so short and subtle way. I KNOW that any reply to this would be "It gets better!" but this is an overall let down from Shadowbringers and Im just sad that they seem to have learned all the wrong shit from that expansions success. When the expansion launched, I could feel a huge difference and just thought it was me and left for a while. But now after forcing myself to get through this shit - it just feels like a massive step backwards.

Rough as fuck when I know the side quests/tasks/grinds are more fun than the actual MSQ, but I have to get through this shit first. I shouldnt have to drag myself through Urianger levels of dialogue before I "get to the fun" of the MSQ. Im not asking for God of War, but I dont want a fucking chapter dedicated to each and every action I take, either.

I found it really picked up in the 5th zone. The Blasphmy and Radz-at-Han stuff did drag for me as well, but the last two zones really pulled it all together for me. Looking at the wiki thats the 87-90 content, but i also enjoyed up to the moon (its in the damn trailer) too.