Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Im only 85 right now, but the story is just dragging. This feels nothing like Shadowbringers. Every single action taken by the scions is a 5 page dialogue on what the plan of action is, followed by another 5 pages of them thanking you for coming, then followed by another 5 pages of dialogue about how they feel about what to expect. You go and do the 3 minutes of actually playing the game, and then come back to 10 pages of thanking and where to go next. Its like they understood that the story elements were excellent in Shadowbringers, but totally missed the mark that they were quick, short, and impactful. Like, when the fucking sky is raining fire, a huge demon is terrorizing people, but wait, before you take off - lets talk to a nobody puppet king that wants to thank me for coming in a not so short and subtle way. I KNOW that any reply to this would be "It gets better!" but this is an overall let down from Shadowbringers and Im just sad that they seem to have learned all the wrong shit from that expansions success. When the expansion launched, I could feel a huge difference and just thought it was me and left for a while. But now after forcing myself to get through this shit - it just feels like a massive step backwards.

Rough as fuck when I know the side quests/tasks/grinds are more fun than the actual MSQ, but I have to get through this shit first. I shouldnt have to drag myself through Urianger levels of dialogue before I "get to the fun" of the MSQ. Im not asking for God of War, but I dont want a fucking chapter dedicated to each and every action I take, either.
You are about to hit the first of two secret zones that weren't in any trailers, it's all been leading up to this moment, hang in there you will be rewarded!

If you don't like the next zone you may as well uninstall the game lol.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Long time since I played warrior but tried it in Eureka and it felt nice. But it seems War have a lot less buttons to smash, at least compared to DRK and PAL.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Never played this, and thinking of giving it a go.

What server is recommended for filthy casual like myself? I downloaded it and go to lvl 7 I think. 1 million tools sitting at some crystal, but not a word being spoken or any chars moving. Went to the first zone and didn't see a soul or any other /world speak.

Is this just the nature since the game is so old? Basically an end game lobby game like wow became? Trying to decide to put some time into this or WoW classic, as I am bored with ESO atm.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Never played this, and thinking of giving it a go.

What server is recommended for filthy casual like myself? I downloaded it and go to lvl 7 I think. 1 million tools sitting at some crystal, but not a word being spoken or any chars moving. Went to the first zone and didn't see a soul or any other /world speak.

Is this just the nature since the game is so old? Basically an end game lobby game like wow became? Trying to decide to put some time into this or WoW classic, as I am bored with ESO atm.
Doesn't sound right. Get on Gilgamesh with us.

Alts are pointless (a good thing) so starter zones may be quieter, but max level players do dungeons with newbies scaled down so you'll not be waiting for groups for that reason.

There is the usual MMO wait for tank/healer. If you are DPS, you can do dungeons with NPCs rather than waiting.

Marauder is a good starting class that can tank and later upgrades to Warrior.

If you like healing, Arcanist can heal and dps, upgrading into Summoner and Scholar (you get both).

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I can say this - EW has been awesome since I got past the two starter areas. I found it a grind at the beginning, now I'm having issues balancing Tomestone grinding and moving the MSQ along lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Doesn't sound right. Get on Gilgamesh with us.

Alts are pointless (a good thing) so starter zones may be quieter, but max level players do dungeons with newbies scaled down so you'll not be waiting for groups for that reason.

There is the usual MMO wait for tank/healer. If you are DPS, you can do dungeons with NPCs rather than waiting.

Marauder is a good starting class that can tank and later upgrades to Warrior.

If you like healing, Arcanist can heal and dps, upgrading into Summoner and Scholar (you get both).

If you aren't on Gilgamesh you're doing it wrong!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I’m on crystal datacenter but have been spending all my time on Gilg. The PF is way more active on Aether. Finished up the third trial extreme grind, working on fourth now.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Even with guides I dont really understand Eureka. Is it mainly doing old school killing and fates to level up and do the few quests you are given?

All the guides kinda fail to explain how to do the relic weapon and armor. I guess its something to do with the crystals that drop? Also do you need to unlock the weapons if you only want the Elemental Armor?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Even with guides I dont really understand Eureka. Is it mainly doing old school killing and fates to level up and do the few quests you are given?

All the guides kinda fail to explain how to do the relic weapon and armor. I guess its something to do with the crystals that drop? Also do you need to unlock the weapons if you only want the Elemental Armor?
If you want the shiny armor(the 2nd upgraded one), you have to complete the relic weapon questline up to the start of Pyros questline. The vendor for the armor only shows up once you're on the weapon step for that. In Hydatos the vendor is up right away so you don't need to finish Pyros weapon(but you do need to finish the questline obviously to unlock next) or Hydatos, iirc. You'll also need to get all the Logos in Pyros which requires spending a bunch of money on the AH if you don't want to farm them.

As for how to do it, not sure how it's done nowadays, there are weekly objectives in the challenge log that give a bunch of xp, and yeah grinding mobs is how you used to level in there, probably still is. Play a strong solo class(I think Warrior is really good in Eureka?) and when they become available look into logos solo strat, I remember you could power through that part really quickly by using Reflect on elementals and just killing shit way higher than you.

There's still people running trains and stuff in there to do their relics/farm money(a lot of things in there actually are worth good money).

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
Mr happy has a great guide on youtubr. You are doing each quest. The quests have no markers, you have to infer where the clickes are from the hints (or watch the vids)video. When you do all the quests, move to next zone. The quests are level requiring. I'm each zone, the bald Smith guy has a list of drops he wants to make a thing

Goonsquad Officer
Oh hey, first post in the thread has 2 eureka links.

Sorry for all the typos. Walking a young fox hound here

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

Eureka Tracker is your friend as well

Let's you track NM spawns, keep track of your Logograms, and has maps for quests and which mobs to grind to spawn NM's.

I did a BIG push recently to finish every single relic up to Pyros and I'm taking a break from Eureka until I feel like grinding it again but if you're on Aether when I get back into it you're welcome to join me for my sessions. I don't mind holding your hand for your first few trips into Anemos either.

For the first zone: Finish the quest chain, Get to max level at least (25) and finish your weapon relic stages to move on to zone 2.
For the second zone: Finish the quest chain, get to max level (35) and finish your weapon relic stages to move on to zone 3.
For the third zone: Finish the quest chain to be able to enter Hydratos, collect all 56 logograms

You can now zone into Hydratos and buy the shiny armor. Upgrading it to elemental armor involves doing Baldesion Arsenal.

For levelling, do your Challenge Log every week. Once that's done, you want to grind the appropriate mobs to spawn a NM at your level +1 max, and then kill it once everyone gathers. Continue doing this ad naseum. It's old school EQ grinding with the occasional rare monster.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Phew made it

1695507795562.png

Oh god what do I do with all of these?

1695507831984.png

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The market for Partitions and all the Minions be crashing rofl... You could hold onto them till the market goes back up and slowly chip away at them selling the stuff off as you go..

The "Tombstones" will be available to trade for a long time(via the Mog), even after the event ends.

Aazrael

So do you need to upgrade (get) the Antiquated gear in Eureka? Or is the Relic Weapon and Elemental armor a seperate quest line?

Just dinged level 9 and it seems I need level 13 to continue anything quest related. Warrior seems to work very well with big dmg and good healing.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
So do you need to upgrade (get) the Antiquated gear in Eureka? Or is the Relic Weapon and Elemental armor a seperate quest line?

Just dinged level 9 and it seems I need level 13 to continue anything quest related. Warrior seems to work very well with big dmg and good healing.

You can completely ignore the armor until you get the shiny armor you want. Relics and Armor are separate.

Aazrael

You can completely ignore the armor until you get the shiny armor you want. Relics and Armor are separate.
About to get level 20 now. Have done quests up to 17. Have not done any upgrading of the weapons though as I get different answers on that while grouped in a NM train.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
About to get level 20 now. Have done quests up to 17. Have not done any upgrading of the weapons though as I get different answers on that while grouped in a NM train.

Start with the Antiquated weapon you got for your level 70 job quest, upgrade it to a Base weapon at Gerolt for 100 Protean Crystals. Then upgrade it for another 400 Protean Crystals. then upgrade it for ANOTHER 800 Protean crystals. Then finally upgrade it for 5 Pazuzu feathers.

Note that you can trade Anemos Crystals for Protean crystals at a very favourable rate.

If you can't find your Antiquated weapon, do an /isearch Antiquated. If that still doesn't work, I think you can get it from the Calamity Salvager.

• 1Like