Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is the gear you get in there worth equipping for stats? I just used the synced normal armor and the chest you can buy for tokens.
Eureka follows normal gear sync rules, so the chest which is not synced gives you full materia stats.

The Elemental Bonus on the augmented gear adds to whatever your raw eureka value is for each zone. This makes a crazy curve where your value in Anemos is insanely high and you are uber powerful, but then the relative boost drops a bit in Pagos and Pyros. Still worthwhile to have in Hydatos especially when you have a full set.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Will see if I can get into a BA sometime.

Went pretty all in on Eureka, been grinding every day after work. Finally done with the armor. I can't be bothered to finish the last step on the weapon yet.

All in all I had a pretty good time. The people in Eureka on our realm were awesome. No ninja pulls and everyone helped out where needed. The only bad part was feeling you missed out on rewards due to being too low a level for certain NM. Once you got to max cap in each instance it was fine and kinda fun running around spawning and defeating the NMs.

Will probably go back and do it with another job someday if the Relic Weapon looks cool enough. Got kinda into enjoying the Warrior now after grinding that Job for the whole time in there.

View attachment 493070
That's almost my Paladin glam, but I dye it metallic orange to match the sword and swap out the legs/feet for 2B. I also tend to hide helm.

Another top tier combo is dying it black on Dark Knight and using the gold/black Heavensward sword.

Basically IMO the main prize is the glowing cloak on the chest piece and the rest can be tweaked to make you look more unique.

• 1Like

Aazrael

That's almost my Paladin glam, but I dye it metallic orange to match the sword and swap out the legs/feet for 2B. I also tend to hide helm.

Another top tier combo is dying it black on Dark Knight and using the gold/black Heavensward sword.

Basically IMO the main prize is the glowing cloak on the chest piece and the rest can be tweaked to make you look more unique.
Yea the chestpiece and gloves were the items I wanted to be able to copy a glam I saw. This is the endgame I can play, I suck at raiding. :p

Skärmbild 2023-10-01 203012.png

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
So, I've finished the unsundered world MSQ. Venat/Hydalean sundered the world so mankind won't repeat the mistake that causes the final days to begin with? Seeking clarification - I just arrived back at Old Sharlyan.

Aazrael

Was going to start the Warrior Zodiak grind and the realms are down until tomorrow... sad times, what the hell should I do now.

Cybsled

So, I've finished the unsundered world MSQ. Venat/Hydalean sundered the world so mankind won't repeat the mistake that causes the final days to begin with? Seeking clarification - I just arrived back at Old Sharlyan.
Keep playing ;) You'll get your answer

Juvarisx

Florida
Bunny boys rejoice!

1696276186152.png

Atleast they know their audience lol

Also I need this immediately

1696276240954.png

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The game is going to go over these points again later in a more obvious way but the truth has been revealed if you rewatch the monologues of the two key characters.

I can clarify based on what you've already seen:
Meteion tells Emet/Hythlodeus/Venat of their own personal nightmares bringing down three worlds.

A world where the people thought themselves the strongest, being conquered and defeated (Emet).

A world where the people tried to achieve infinite time/life but were constrained by the laws of physics and gave up (Hythlodeus).

A world where the people cured all suffering but were left with nothing to live for so wanted to die (Venat).

So when Venat is trying to reason with the sacrifices, she realises that they are asking Zodiark to cure their suffering and that her civilisation is going to go down the road of it's own doom.

The sundering makes people have 1/14th of their original power, no longer being powerful enough to prevent suffering and solve all of their problems with their magics. Therefore having a reason to strive to be better and have a will to live.

This answers the problem of evil from philosophy, why would an all powerful benevolent God allow suffering and evil to exist? Because it's nessesary for life and good to exist, proven by Meteion's report.

It's all in the song: https://genius.com/Nobuo-uematsu-answers-lyrics

It also causes Zodiark to have 1/14th of it's power so that Hydaelyn can imprison it, as Zodiark was summoned by half the population then fed another half again. In Shadowbringers we learn that only a small group summon Hydaelyn... maybe twelve?

The final reason is that in Elpis, only you, a weaker sundered soul with less Aether, is able to telepathically communicate with Meteion who weilds Dynamis.

• 1Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
The game is going to go over these points again later in a more obvious way but the truth has been revealed if you rewatch the monologues of the two key characters.

Meteion tells Emet/Hythlodeus/Venat of their own personal nightmares bringing down three worlds.

A world where the people thought themselves the strongest, being conquered and defeated (Emet).

A world where the people tried to achieve infinite time/life but were constrained by the laws of physics and gave up (Hythlodeus).

A world where the people cured all suffering but were left with nothing to live for so wanted to die (Venat).

So when Venat is trying to reason with the sacrifices, she realises that they are asking Zodiark to cure their suffering and that her civilisation is going to go down the road of it's own doom.

The sundering makes people have 1/14th of their original power, no longer being powerful enough to prevent suffering and solve all of their problems with their magics. Therefore having a reason to strive to be better and have a will to live.

This answers the problem of evil from philosophy, why would an all powerful benevolent God allow suffering and evil to exist? Because it's nessesary for life and good to exist, proven by Meteion's report.

It also causes Zodiark to have 1/14th of it's power so that Hydaelyn can imprison it, as Zodiark was summoned by half the population then fed another half again. In Shadowbringers we learn that only a small group summon Hydaelyn... maybe twelve?

The final reason is that in Elpis, only you, a weaker sundered soul with less Aether, is able to telepathically communicate with Meteion who weilds Dynamis.
Thanks. Appreciate the elaboration. More specific and eloquently stated.

The story in this game is fucking awesome.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Chris, just curious where you read or got the idea that Meteion specifically was telling Emet/Hyth/Venat their own personal nightmares bringing down 3 worlds? She essentially goes through many more than just 3 doomed/failed worlds, which helps explain Emet's point to Hermes that if the premise of the question he asked Meteion to answer is flawed, what could happen if she only derives an answer from there being a lack of any living people, or only people who do not desire to go on living (while giving as many possible examples for how this could go wrong as possible with a little potential Fermi paradox sprinkled in.

Mainly just wanted to know if there was a direct source somewhere that Meteion was singling out their 3 specific fears at one point

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Chris, just curious where you read or got the idea that Meteion specifically was telling Emet/Hyth/Venat their own personal nightmares bringing down 3 worlds? She essentially goes through many more than just 3 doomed/failed worlds, which helps explain Emet's point to Hermes that if the premise of the question he asked Meteion to answer is flawed, what could happen if she only derives an answer from there being a lack of any living people, or only people who do not desire to go on living (while giving as many possible examples for how this could go wrong as possible with a little potential Fermi paradox sprinkled in.

Mainly just wanted to know if there was a direct source somewhere that Meteion was singling out their 3 specific fears at one point

I looked at it as a reflection of the possible outcomes of Etheriys. The first possibility was the ones populated by what looked like a variation of the Namazu. The beast tribes became in control and overpopulated and poisioned the Star. The "Judgment Day" planet was where eventually the Eorzean Alliance and the Garlean Empire became equals and annihiliated each other and no-one was left to ask " what was the point". The final vision was a civilization became so advanced they eclipsed the Ancients and achieved all there was to achieve. The Ancients were on this path but it was cut short by Metetion.

There were other stars mentioned ofcourse, we saw four in Ultima Thuule + the three in the final dungeon. Yes they were other Stars but the point was to show possibilities of our own.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

It's the final three planets she talks about before her transformation, the camera goes to a different character for a reaction shot after each one.

She also doesn't give the numerical code and dispassionate report like the previous ones, she's intentionally choosing them and delivering the outcome in a spiteful tone to upset us.

Emet is a powerful sorcerer who would hate to lose and be conquered.

Hythlodeus is in charge of creature concept submissions and would hate the thought of a limit to what is possible. He's already annoyed that people are running out of ideas and making ever more shark variants.

Venat is a rare convocation member who retired but didn't return to the star, she has a strong will to live and would hate for people to lose it.

Cybsled

Eh maybe

The three things that get reactions during that scene are: Planet that chose peace and got conquered by aliens (presumably this was the Dragonstar), Planet that sought infinite and found out nothing is infinite (presumably the Ea), and Planet that sought to only have joy but without other conflicting emotions they lost will to live (presumably the Ra La planet)

Considering we visit their remnants later, it might just be as simple as a preview for the fallen civilizations we encounter in Ultima Thule. However, if you boil down the 3 themes even farther, you get peace, Immortality, seeking no negative emotions. These are all essentially core features of The Ancients based on our interactions with them in Elpis. I don't think she was calling out Emet/Hyth/Venat individually, more so she was just trying to sow despair by essentially saying "these 3 civilizations all did shit you guys are doing and they're fucking DEAD" as a way to create despair in them by realizing their civilization has the same 3 "flaws".

Chris

Potato del Grande
Eh maybe

The three things that get reactions during that scene are: Planet that chose peace and got conquered by aliens (presumably this was the Dragonstar), Planet that sought infinite and found out nothing is infinite (presumably the Ea), and Planet that sought to only have joy but without other conflicting emotions they lost will to live (presumably the Ra La planet)

Considering we visit their remnants later, it might just be as simple as a preview for the fallen civilizations we encounter in Ultima Thule. However, if you boil down the 3 themes even farther, you get peace, Immortality, seeking no negative emotions. These are all essentially core features of The Ancients based on our interactions with them in Elpis. I don't think she was calling out Emet/Hyth/Venat individually, more so she was just trying to sow despair by essentially saying "these 3 civilizations all did shit you guys are doing and they're fucking DEAD" as a way to create despair in them by realizing their civilization has the same 3 "flaws".
Same effect, doesn't matter if it was individually or group targeted, Venat got the message that utopia doesn't work.

Aazrael

Told myself before I would not do another ARR relic. But 1 book of 9 is done. I just need the Ragnarok Zeta.

• 1Solidarity

Juvarisx

Florida
Finally dove into the Endwalker Post MSQ, its interesting, but I get the complaints that it doesnt have the same oomph that the other X.1 to X.3's did with the end of the expansion stories. Glad they finally brought in a prior FF world into the game though. Just wondering...

So Zero's domain is the town of Baron right? Its updated obviously but the knight statue reminded me of Paladin Cecil, and of course the music. Troia is specifically named at least.

Will be curious if they make any of the other surviving reflections based on prior games. I know that I (maybe), V, and VI worlds were visited by Omega so they wont be one of them, but it would have been neat if each one was a prior game.

edit. hahahaha when they designed Storm's Crown trail they had "fuck Black Mages in particular" in mind. What a fantastic fight.

Last edited: