Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

Spellblade, Geomancer and Beastmaster are the main classes left which show up in multiple mainline FF games.

Corsair as a FF11 seems likely true, but the classes above are also in FF11.

Gambler could be interesting, never been in the job system as far as I know but we had Setzer and Cith Sith as gamblers.

Beastmaster I don’t see them adding as people expect it - dev team seems to be against pet classes, so it would either be some Blue mage like addition or something like summoner where you don’t actually control the animal and you basically get flashy attacks that have beast attacking animations

Gambler I’m not sure how that would look - they got rid of Astro RNG and gamblers rely upon RNG based attacks traditionally

They mentioned one job is scout dps and one is magic dps

Cybsled

The clover thing in the envelope, primarily because that was the Green Mage symbol in FF12 I believe. When they revealed the xpac, they also talked a lot about nature focused civilizations in the New World, so Green Mage might fit that theme. Blue Mage also comes from the New World in the lore.

I think if they do add Green Mage, it won't be anything like the traditional Green Mages (which were usually buffers/debuffers in other titles) and will be Green Mage in name only. If anything, I wouldn't be shocked if they end up being closer to druids or shamans. So maybe nature element or nature based attacks, maybe a focus on dots?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
The clover thing in the envelope, primarily because that was the Green Mage symbol in FF12 I believe. When they revealed the xpac, they also talked a lot about nature focused civilizations in the New World, so Green Mage might fit that theme. Blue Mage also comes from the New World in the lore.

I think if they do add Green Mage, it won't be anything like the traditional Green Mages (which were usually buffers/debuffers in other titles) and will be Green Mage in name only. If anything, I wouldn't be shocked if they end up being closer to druids or shamans. So maybe nature element or nature based attacks, maybe a focus on dots?
They got rid of the nature part of White Mage for Holy stuff, but Conjurer still has that stuff.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They got rid of the nature part of White Mage for Holy stuff, but Conjurer still has that stuff.
Well slightly, they have Stone and Water spells, but you can make more than that with a nature focus, plants vines spores and such. You don't even have to touch on stone/water spells at all(but you could as long as you don't name the stone spell Stone). Lore wise it wouldn't be hard to have a separate school of thought either, just make it draw from the aether of spirits instead of natural aether for example.

Chris

Potato del Grande
A Nature/Druid type would be weird but interesting, don't think it's ever been in a thing in Final Fantasy.

I think that Green Mage is a shit name. Just use Geomancer.

• 1Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
It probably will be a geomancer as that job exists in ff14 already.

Minor spoilers if you're playing as AST working through the class MSQ

• 1Like

Cybsled

Issue is Geomancers in the game are closer to Astrologians and Conjurers, though.

We might get an old school Geomancer class, but it won't be called Geomancer. Like the Sage class in FF14 has nothing to do with previous classes called Sage in FF games.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They have also said they want to start coming up with more unique classes not having them all based on previous/older FF class types.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Mime.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone got a good guide or video for controller setup? Installed it on my Steam Deck today but need to figure out how all this works now.

Cybsled

Lol...apparently in the new raid, during the 2nd boss you fight on the ocean floor, apparently if you use the "blow kiss" emote on her, she says "oy, cut it out!" and throws a dagger at your character which does a shitload of damage and knocks you back like 60 feet

Haven't seen something like that since EQ1 with "what phat lootz?" or "what strange things?"

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Anyone got a good guide or video for controller setup? Installed it on my Steam Deck today but need to figure out how all this works now.
I accidentally deleted my setup upgrading from PS4 to PS5 lol.

Just search YouTube and you'll be fine, there are lots of guides.

I suggest having different action bars when your weapon is sheathed and unsheated, then put sheathe/unsheathe on the left analogue stick press and sprint macro on the right. That allows you to keep non combat shit out of the way in combat.

Also try to come up with a pattern to aid muscle memory, like having attack buttons when you press right trigger and utility on left trigger. Or single target on up/down buttons and multi target on right/right buttons buttons. Experiment with it then use the same on all classes.

Skills you cast while moving are better on the right side buttons since it's awkward to use your left hand to move the stick and press buttons.

When you move backward your character should immediatly flip 180 and move towards the camera. If you walk backwards slowly instead, you have the wrong option. I think the one you want is "legacy movement". This mode does not stop you casting spells at enemies behind your character.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It probably will be a geomancer as that job exists in ff14 already.

Minor spoilers if you're playing as AST working through the class MSQ

Doubt Geomancer , because the back story is already set on that class(AST story progression as the base of the class would come from Kugane Region), but it seems that even the new mage class comes from the "New World"

I think it's either gonna be Green Mage, or Painter.. And Corsair will be Corsair. I really hope we get Beast Master as a limited job eventually, I know they did a lot of story work for that class in Bozja. (but now who knows what the next limited job will be, or if there will ever be another.)

Cybsled

London Fanfest starts in about 3 hours, so expect new job reveal and maybe some other new info - like maybe what the next trial/raid theme will be.

Given how the trailer is cut, I am pretty certain that the scene where the WoL is fighting that dude and his cape catches on fire will be the extended part. WoL will throw off the flaming clothing and reveal the new job attire, then Yoshi P walks in dressed like a corsair/pirate or w/e lol. I still think Corsair (or Corsair in spirit) will be the next job reveal. The final one (the magic DPS one) will be JP fanfest I think.

Then again, they do like to jebait people, so it wouldn't 100% shock me if they revealed the magic class 1st and kept trolling the final job. They pulled that same shit with reaper if I recall