Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
It does the two one hand into a two hand thing Zidane has from FF9.

So this is "Zidane: The Job" like Gunbreaker was "Squall: The Job".

I also expect a bunch of FF9 references in the New World since FF9 literally had you go to a few mysterious unexplored continents.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally finished the MSQ after getting sidetracked. Seems like a bit of a wait now after that storyline concluded.

That new Job looks nice, not sure it's something I will try though. The Reaper Job felt way cooler when announced.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Still think they could have made this Corsair with dual wielding, but eh. Not too interested although it looks neat enough, haven't seen enough of it I guess but the whole blue fire phase thing looked very much like the acceleration phase of Reaper so not sure if it's just gonna be the same thing. I think Reaper rotation is pretty fun but accelerations phases are a PITA in progression content imo(and also while soloing). I don't mind it on MCH cause it's braindead when you do, just 1 button spam with an oGCD inbetween each.

Alliance raid is based on FFXI so I assume it's gonna have some banger music. Can't wait to see Soken mixing that shit with XIV themes.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished the MSQ after getting sidetracked. Seems like a bit of a wait now after that storyline concluded.

That new Job looks nice, not sure it's something I will try though. The Reaper Job felt way cooler when announced.
Scythes are the coolest. Also the teleporting and demons. New job seems alright- lacking in some flair tho- for sure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Ya, I was hoping for Corsair but I guess we can see how this plays. Curious what they get beyond Darth Maul mode.

Other big takeaways:

1) Multiplayer "lifestyle" content to be added with more revealed at JP fanfest. Maybe Diadem 2.0? Or something Bozja/Eureka-like with some casual elements?
2) Xpac is technically getting a 3rd job - later in the 7.x patch series, a new limited job like Blue Mage will be added. Beast Master or Puppet Master would be strong contenders is my guess (and the guess of people at Fanfest)
3) New raid based on FF11
4) FF16 crossover - looks like we fight FF16 Ifrit. There is Cid/Clive outfit, a Torgal mount, and Torgal minion as possible rewards it seems at minimum.
5) Fallguys for Golden Saucer comes out end of the month
6) They showed some dungeon previews and one looks really Magitek/Allagan like. I wouldn't be shocked if the "City of Gold" ends up being some advanced outpost vs. a literal City of Gold.
7) They're continuing to tweak player model updates - they showed some tweaks which were extremely subtle, like less glossy horns and Lalafel chin shadows lol
8) Hildibrand will be back. They are also continuing to create new Criterion dungeons

That means JP Fanfest will presumably

1) Show the 2nd main job
2) Show Female Hrothgar
3) Reveal more about the new lifestyle content and the limited job
4) Trial series preview
5) I'm going to guess they will show new housing stuff too - they talked about being able to alter the interiors in a new way previously

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1697907273568.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
New job looks cool. Switched to Ninja when it came out and it was my main job for a few expansions until I took a break and forgot literally everything. While I loved the job and thought it had the coolest aesthetic, my old ass just couldn't be bothered to relearn everything so I have been playing on easy mode with MCH who has probably the worst aesthetic (guns in a fantasy game!? pshh). If this new job is as easy as what I hear Reaper is, i'm all over it for the looks alone.

Chris

Potato del Grande
huh so Trance state makes a return... nice hahah
Wow really? I missed that.

I'm going to connect trance in a job with the FF16 crossover... FF16 had people directly use the power of summons. Terra in FF6 was the original trance user and could turn into a summon.

So the new job will be like the Dominants in FF16, the job skills will be directly using the power of primals rather than summoning an egi to use them. Note that Summoner only uses 3 elements.

Oh and who awakened Terra's power? Valigarmanda who is the first? trial boss.

Too similar to summoner? They just announced a second dual weilding knife class based off rogues.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

I'm going to connect trance in a job with the FF16 crossover... FF16 had people directly use the power of summons. Terra in FF6 was the original trance user and could turn into a summon.

So the new job will be like the Dominants in FF16, the job skills will be directly using the power of primals rather than summoning an egi to use them. Note that Summoner only uses 3 elements.

Too similar to summoner? They just announced a second dual weilding knife class based off rogues.

The effect from the Vipers job skill looks like the Trance skill from 9 , nice call back sense it even does the Dual Blades into lance blade(I can't think of the name of it right now rofl) that Zidane does under Tance

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Might be reading too much into it, as the job is said to be used by hunters from the New World, and you can channel their ancient power or some such...not sure that'll be related to the primals (at least not the ones we're used to).

Also while the weapon is a nod to Zidane, they did make a point to note that Viper is a FFXIV original class and not one based on an existing FF class.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Might be reading too much into it, as the job is said to be used by hunters from the New World, and you can channel their ancient power or some such...not sure that'll be related to the primals (at least not the ones we're used to).

Also while the weapon is a nod to Zidane, they did make a point to note that Viper is a FFXIV original class and not one based on an existing FF class.

Nothing to do with back story or anything, I just really enjoy FF9 and the callback is a nice touch.

Chris

Potato del Grande

Wow that sounds like some sort of Blue Mage/Beastmaster/Elementalist actually. Blue Mages are from the New World...

Not sure how they could differentiate it enough but a whip class would be cool.

Oh christ... Gourmand? We gonna eat the enemies in combat!?

Cybsled

The past couple xpacs have had a pretty prominent featuring of Mammets - I wouldn't be shocked if it was something like Puppetmaster.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The past couple xpacs have had a pretty prominent featuring of Mammets - I wouldn't be shocked if it was something like Puppetmaster.
I think that or capturing beasts to fight are the only possible choices for the limited job. What else could it be?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
While Puppetmaster can make sense from the perspective of Mammets being more focused in the story over time, I think Beastmaster just makes more sense in terms of how much work they want to put in a limited joband there was a whole beastmaster thing in Bozja so it's not entirely ignored either). They already have a ton of sprites and animations for beasts. For mammets well there's a few models from the few dungeons like knight/caster and the twin dolls and that kind of stuff but feels like they'd have to just make a lot more assets. If they want puppets to be actually customizable, they'd need to have a system for that which I don't know how much they can do with "summons" wearing "gear".

I think beasts work better from a collecting point of view too, with a system where you have a "stable" of pets that you can swap on the fly with a few skills each so there's incentive to collect a lot of different things to work together, rather than building a puppet with maybe a few presets. And there's only so many pieces you can have in a puppet to collect, it's a bit hard to add more without making it "the same thing but a different color", I think? Unless they go with the puppet being assigned a class in which case puppets can be upgraded every expansion with the new classes being added and such, but still leaves the question of how different a SAM puppet would be from a NIN puppet, besides how it looks. In XI a lot of puppet pieces are just better stats and few actually change the puppet properties.

So overall for the gameplay aspect of a limited job that would likely be focused on collecting a lot of stuff like BLU is since you can't have them in standard content, Beastmaster just looks like a better choice. You can collect the beasts, maybe they can be trained to unlock more skills, you can have them seamlessly integrate into combat system similar to how SMN works by pressing button and a beast comes out for a skill or by making it "stance" based where you switch to a beast like a stance and get access to specific skills there until you switch to another and such. There's less reliance on pet AI and stuff if you do it that way, while PUP would be entirely pet centric and pets in XIV are... not great. If you've played SMN before the rework you know how finnicky some stuff is.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow that sounds like some sort of Blue Mage/Beastmaster/Elementalist actually. Blue Mages are from the New World...

Not sure how they could differentiate it enough but a whip class would be cool.

Oh christ... Gourmand? We gonna eat the enemies in combat!?
Ooooh. I like the idea of a whip class. But I was mainly just talking about what they said regarding the Viper class.