Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Interesting now the Criterion dungeon has some rewards than can give the basic tome weapon (which apparently fully upgraded with 24 man raid coins now is on par ilevel wise with savage raid weapons) a unique glow effect. Apparently this also works for the final BLU mage weapon glam, the umbrella. Honestly not all the tome weapons look that good, but a few of them look pretty sick (pally, dark knight stand out most to me).

I reallllly don't want to do Criterion Savage but the Blue Mage umbrella being the glams is going to force me to do it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I reallllly don't want to do Criterion Savage but the Blue Mage umbrella being the glams is going to force me to do it.

Exactly how I feel about it. I haven't really done any actual raiding in the slightest in XIV, but the fact I can get a glow on the BLU umbrella might make me try it. I thought the BLU weapon glams from this latest update was one of the weakest thing about it, with no real glow/particle effect.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Those particles look pretty damn good, not all the weapons are great but the particles are top tier on all of them. From what I understand Criterion is even harder than savage though, so it sounds like a huge PITA. I don't think you can outgear it either(like say next expansion)? At least it gives a solid reason for people to do these instead of ignore them.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Think it's time to resub then.

Dreading logging in as I think I lost my setup upgrading to PS5 and I had a perfect muscle memory setup for every class. I need to find the notebook I planned it all out in...

Which classes are good for criterion dungeons? Can you do savage solo or is a group recommended?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interesting now the Criterion dungeon has some rewards than can give the basic tome weapon (which apparently fully upgraded with 24 man raid coins now is on par ilevel wise with savage raid weapons) a unique glow effect. Apparently this also works for the final BLU mage weapon glam, the umbrella. Honestly not all the tome weapons look that good, but a few of them look pretty sick (pally, dark knight stand out most to me).

Most look okay.

Monk is underwhelming and Dancer one looks odd considering they're normally throwing rings.

I haven't been on since the BLU level bump but I've got to admit I'm not excited about an umbrella relic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think it's time to resub then.

Dreading logging in as I think I lost my setup upgrading to PS5 and I had a perfect muscle memory setup for every class. I need to find the notebook I planned it all out in...

Which classes are good for criterion dungeons? Can you do savage solo or is a group recommended?

This happened to me. Haven't played in around a year, logged back in and all my presets were gone. Had to start from scratch.

Reminded me of when I used to occasionally resub to EQ, spend three hours finding and config'ing my UI and then logging off for another 2 years.

Chris

Potato del Grande
This happened to me. Haven't played in around a year, logged back in and all my presets were gone. Had to start from scratch.

Reminded me of when I used to occasionally resub to EQ, spend three hours finding and config'ing my UI and then logging off for another 2 years.
Worst thing is apparently its a single button to backup your setup, but my PS4 is long gone.

Also I'm a lv82 Red Mage in thigh high boots, a ballroom dress and vietnam hat. I don't remember doing any of that. I thought I was a Paladin/White Mage.

Merrith

Most look okay.

Monk is underwhelming and Dancer one looks odd considering they're normally throwing rings.

I haven't been on since the BLU level bump but I've got to admit I'm not excited about an umbrella relic.

It's funny how I saw the umbrella and was like "wtf, this is shit compared to the other BLU "ultimate" weapon glams they had"...but put a glow on that thing and I'm back in 100%.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

How hard are Criterion Dungeons? And how do you even unlock them?

They unlock in Sharlyian.

Criterion dungeons have two modes - there is an easier mode that is designed to be soloable (you get Bozja like abilities you can equip that let you heal and absorb tank busters if you are a dps) and an extreme mode that requires a full group. The harder mode is pretty hard - think a high level mythic dungeon or an unreal trial. The bosses are what is tough because there are a lot of mechanics you have to memorize and all execute

• 1Like

Aazrael

They unlock in Sharlyian.

Criterion dungeons have two modes - there is an easier mode that is designed to be soloable (you get Bozja like abilities you can equip that let you heal and absorb tank busters if you are a dps) and an extreme mode that requires a full group. The harder mode is pretty hard - think a high level mythic dungeon or an unreal trial. The bosses are what is tough because there are a lot of mechanics you have to memorize and all execute
Thanks. It does not sound like anything I would enjoy then. I'm too bad to try that kind of difficulty and wasting peoples time.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit the de-sync in fall guys collab is BAD.

In a space where you have a reward for winning 100 times and people are competitive as fuck, I kinda want as little sync issues as possible..Nice that you still get tokens for losing though LOL.

I managed to get into a lobby with just myself though and I was given a solo run through the entire game. Still got tokens and credit for a win too..

• 1Like

Cybsled

The timing issues feel most acutely shitty on that stage where you have to do the 3 colored gems - blue and red especially.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Netcode hasn't changed since Titan HM, but the bigger problem is if you are east coast since they moved all servers to west coast years back.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Okay, anyone have any suggestions to leveling sub 50? Typically I would run PotD on my lowbies but holy shit that queue went 45+ minutes last time I got the 30+ minute notification on queue.

I looked up a few guides and most are unhelpful "Just do leveling queue!" but thats shit xp after 1st queue.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
PvP is decent XP

Is the XP you get from the frontlines queue different than what you get for directly queuing in the PvP menu? because I got like 20% of my level in 35 for a frontline daily after I finished my first daily. If PotD would pop that would be infinitely more XP.

Or are you talking Crystaline and Rival wings?