Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Okay, anyone have any suggestions to leveling sub 50? Typically I would run PotD on my lowbies but holy shit that queue went 45+ minutes last time I got the 30+ minute notification on queue.

I looked up a few guides and most are unhelpful "Just do leveling queue!" but thats shit xp after 1st queue.
Free Company NPCs.

You can level them up, choose which classes you want to use and customise slightly. You also have abilities to command them so you can force them to double pull like real players would.

Once you get it set up it's fast exp. I levelled every class from 1-50 using this method.

This was before the new Duty Support stuff so not sure how that compares for 1-50.

50+ I used Duty Support for DPS and queued normally for Tank/Healer.

Really low levels before dungeons are open, do the hunting log or whatever it's called.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
sub 50, the....thing where you take a squad of NPC's into a dungeon, used to be amazing xp. but it's not worth 'setting up' for one class. you have to build up your guys, and class them well. and build a squad just right. wacky fast xp, but setup.

Chris

Potato del Grande
sub 50, the....thing where you take a squad of NPC's into a dungeon, used to be amazing xp. but it's not worth 'setting up' for one class. you have to build up your guys, and class them well. and build a squad just right. wacky fast xp, but setup.
Yeah it was worth it for me because I literally levelled every class to 50 in a few weeks all at once and now have PTSD from those dungeons, luckily I only see them if I do leveling roulette.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Is the XP you get from the frontlines queue different than what you get for directly queuing in the PvP menu? because I got like 20% of my level in 35 for a frontline daily after I finished my first daily. If PotD would pop that would be infinitely more XP.

Or are you talking Crystaline and Rival wings?

You only get the "Bonus" EXP once a day for any DF Que.

After that you can run the highest dungeon you have available, either with Trusts, or the grand company vagabonds you have access to.

A few other tricks, for the ARR Classes every 10 lvls you will unlock "Hunting Marks" they are spread out over the 10 lvls you are currently working on, you only get to up to 50 with them, but if you are close to a lvl they are very easy EXP especially once you can easily just warp around to the myriad of areas it sends you too.

If you honestly don't want to deal with Grand Company stuff, the Trusts are actually pretty good considering, you can't pull wall-2-wall with them but maybe in some areas you could(If you are Tank).

POTD is honestly fucking boring, but if you want it is possible to solo 1-10 in bout 25'ish minutes(if you get lucky with a "Lust" Pome save it for the floor 10 boss, it melts thru him)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Japan Fan Fest tonight at 8pm EST. Will get full trailer reveal, 2nd job reveal (magical/casting ranged) and a lot of details on 7.0.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

I won't be shocked if the caster ends up being some nature based one, like a druid. The prior fanfests kept talking about the New World having some type of nature thing going on with some of the cultures.

For other guesses:

1) They'll go into more details on the trial and raid series
2) Housing stuff preview (they talked about raising the furniture limit previously)
3) Female Hrothgar reveal
4) Graphics revamp redo again - YoshiP will have learned to not spend 15 minutes trying to demonstrate the shadow difference on a Lalafell

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I won't be shocked if the caster ends up being some nature based one, like a druid. The prior fanfests kept talking about the New World having some type of nature thing going on with some of the cultures.

For other guesses:

1) They'll go into more details on the trial and raid series
2) Housing stuff preview (they talked about raising the furniture limit previously)
3) Female Hrothgar reveal
4) Graphics revamp redo again - YoshiP will have learned to not spend 15 minutes trying to demonstrate the shadow difference on a Lalafell

Yeah I assume they'll come up with a unique name for it, but maybe it'll be a tie in to a previous FF nature based job.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
1704596643763.png

• 7Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 8 users

Cybsled

So much for just the beach vacation expansion. Wonder if it'll be some Allagan random thing or actual bread crumb trail to next big multi expansion story.

I think they mentioned they will be laying down some of the plot for future expansions. Some ultra technocity is a pretty big thing - outwardly it looks like more advanced Allagan. Since we will be going to Mericydia at some point, I wouldn't be shocked if it has some relation to Allag.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
OMG the furry bait now. Dear lord.

Man am I glad for the "All Lalafel" addon now. I wanna say you can turn any race into any other race on a global scale. Gunna be doing that for the furry race now as I turn them all into normie humans

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man am I glad for the "All Lalafel" addon now. I wanna say you can turn any race into any other race on a global scale. Gunna be doing that for the furry race now as I turn them all into normie humans
Tell me more of this addon senpai.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Wtf is this Cyberpunk ass city? Allagan??

Some Plebbitors speculating that it may be a city from one of the other Shards, perhaps the Twelfth, because that was the one that was Rejoined via lightning. It may have been unintentionally ripped onto the Source, or perhaps that there was an advanced Allagan-like civilization on the Twelfth that had had some forewarning that they were going to be Rejoined, thus they attempted to transport the city to the Source (thus the "Solution" in "Solution Nine".)

• 1Like