Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
Eden Gate: Resurrection:D yayayayaya MOREEEE tons more gimme dat music

Soken: "Yoshi, just how epic do you want the music in Shadowbringers?"
Yoshi: "Yes."
Soken: "Say no more fam."

So much good music, been loving a lot of the boss music and even some of the zones themes themselves have been great.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Soken: "Yoshi, just how epic do you want the music in Shadowbringers?"
Yoshi: "Yes."
Soken: "Say no more fam."

So much good music, been loving a lot of the boss music and even some of the zones themes themselves have been great.

Best part was Eden going off(GF mode on), the FF8 music has just been awesome, and Titan's "Car" mode is hilarious...

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
the_whole_story_ffxiv.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
I was curious how folks who skipped the story would receive the shb ending. It's pretty much GOTY for me and arguably the best numbered FF game, but that's because wading through hundreds of hours of msq got me real invested in the characters and lore.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Went ahead and turned off the auto-facing BS, and wow, what a difference. I'm still getting weird shit sometimes where I'll move BEHIND a mob (by say 6-8 feet or so) doing a frontal cone and I'll still get hit, but overall the instances of "I wasn't near the telegraphed footprint, WTF?" have gone down considerably.

If you're a noob like me, I highly rec at least trying it out - it may remove some frustration.

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
All these raving reviews are making me interested in coming back. I have an account with the base game collectors edition with a level 50 white mage. Should I just start over with the complete edition or will I lose some account bonus? I will probably need to start from scratch since I barely remember anything from the game :oops:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Went ahead and turned off the auto-facing BS, and wow, what a difference. I'm still getting weird shit sometimes where I'll move BEHIND a mob (by say 6-8 feet or so) doing a frontal cone and I'll still get hit, but overall the instances of "I wasn't near the telegraphed footprint, WTF?" have gone down considerably.

If you're a noob like me, I highly rec at least trying it out - it may remove some frustration.
That's from latency or you not paying attention to the mob cast bar. The ability fires when the cast bar ends. Some times the telegraph continues to stay there for a bit. Damage generally has a delay but captures what happened when the cast bar finished.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is definitely the best storyline of the game so far and probably the best of any mmo(low bar). It’s not Oscar worthy plotting or anything but it’s just so well crafted. There are multiple scenes I’ve went and watched again just to admire how good the voice acting is (esp the ‘villain’) and how perfectly timed the music is with what’s happening.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Didn't work for me. Trying to gather aoe mobs up and if find my overpower wouldn't fire if I wasn't looking 100% in a mobs direction. I'll have to live with it.

As far as how I took the story. I'm not as invested in you, and the super all star team of friends stuff was boring sometimes. Sometimes it was epic

And for someone new to the game...

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Didn't work for me. Trying to gather aoe mobs up and if find my overpower wouldn't fire if I wasn't looking 100% in a mobs direction. I'll have to live with it.

As far as how I took the story. I'm not as invested in you, and the super all star team of friends stuff was boring sometimes. Sometimes it was epic

And for someone new to the game...
Yeah you literally have to be facing the mob in order for your ability to go off. At first it had me tripping out then I figured what was going on. Kinda stupid if you ask me.

Also "E" key you can spam the active time maneuver instead of clicking it with the mouse.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah you literally have to be facing the mob in order for your ability to go off. At first it had me tripping out then I figured what was going on. Kinda stupid if you ask me.

Also "E" key you can spam the active time maneuver instead of clicking it with the mouse.
Oh that's sweet. Wasn't gonna try anything in the 3 seconds they gave me. I also am not sure if I remapped E

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah anything works. You can spam a random key+mouse to get it done even faster too. Honestly shit's really pointless so it's good they don't abuse it. It's neat visually but otherwise sucks. I kinda wish they had more of the Alexander one where you have to press the button to jump off, but timed properly.

Malkav

French Madman
Multiple inputs at the same time all increase the progress bar. So you can basically roll your face on the keyboard and be done in 2sec.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
my server is so broken at the moment, insanse lag, queue gone way up for some reason, Instance wait times of 25 mintues as healer, and when you do find a group you just get reserving instance server