Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Got a question for any fellow tanks. When doing a tank swap do you taunt while the boss is casting their tankbuster or taunt afterwards its finished their tankbuster? I was doing Innocence and my co-tank insisted that he taunts after the tank buster. I told him to taunt while the tank buster is casting so he can have aggro immediately. He doesn't seem to realize after the tank buster the boss can auto attack and kill you. I think after a tank buster you have an invulnerability down debuff and an auto attack can kill you which probably happened to me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In general, a tank buster in any game is targetted when the cast is started. So I always taunt during it unless there is some compelling reason not to

khorum

Murder Apologist
Got a question for any fellow tanks. When doing a tank swap do you taunt while the boss is casting their tankbuster or taunt afterwards its finished their tankbuster? I was doing Innocence and my co-tank insisted that he taunts after the tank buster. I told him to taunt while the tank buster is casting so he can have aggro immediately. He doesn't seem to realize after the tank buster the boss can auto attack and kill you. I think after a tank buster you have an invulnerability down debuff and an auto attack can kill you which probably happened to me.

You should taunt while the tankbuster is being cast yeah. If the cast is long enough the current tank can shirk to the offtank after he's done popping CDs even before the tankbuster goes off.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Didn't work for me. Trying to gather aoe mobs up and if find my overpower wouldn't fire if I wasn't looking 100% in a mobs direction. I'll have to live with it.

I really don't recommend M+KB players turn off the auto-face target feature because of problems like this. XIV has a really wonky engine that can lead to some really annoying behaviors, but for best performance you want to learn to work with it instead of against it.

When you are running in a direction away from the mob you are targeting, what you want to do is hold down the right mouse button. What this does is it allows your character to face the mob for a single frame to aim the ability then continue along the direction they were already running. The graphic on abilities like Overpower are tied to the direction your character is facing during the animation, but the actual hitbox will be thrown in the direction during that single frame your character faced the mob. (You can also accomplish the same thing while jumping because characters cannot move in a different direction mid-jump.)

With very rare exceptions, you Provoke during the tankbuster cast bar. The earlier the better, because ideally you want the Shirk to go out during the cast bar as well. You are right about what killed you in Innocence - the tank buster gives a lightning vuln and the boss's attacks are lightning damage.

The only fight I can think of where we didn't provoke during the cast bar was T11 back in Coil.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Waifu pillow could use two good healers and a dps or two (not sure who's signed up beyond four of us)
I'm down to raid soon as I hit 80 on my machinist, hopefully get it done over hte weekend. Almost 75 now but been slacking due to building new PC and making sure its running right (with new case, PS, nvme drive etc.. in the mail). In the same data center so can pop over to Levi for raiding.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm down to raid soon as I hit 80 on my machinist, hopefully get it done over hte weekend. Almost 75 now but been slacking due to building new PC and making sure its running right (with new case, PS, nvme drive etc.. in the mail). In the same data center so can pop over to Levi for raiding.
Cool dude

Really looking to form up the Tuesday savage comes out, but if some of us want to his normal together this coming tuesday and maybe the Ex fights we could do that

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well find out what causing all the issues on my server, no one can progress the MSQ i first saw them last night when all the problems started and now it just a stream of these bots

ffxiv_19072019_195018_015.png

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
While leaving gridania on Midgar for a hunt I saw a huge stream of the black mages coming through. Every server that opened up char creation will have them.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
yea it spriggen, a real cluster fuck. Shame I was enjoying it but not playing while all this crap going on

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

You are doing it correctly.

With tank swap mechanics you need to taunt during the cast.

Are you shirking him as well?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Probably Spriggan. I believe bots just made all their new accounts on that since it's Preferred and new(so they had no queues), but now they're shitting up the server.

If they put a fucking Captcha randomly on accounts when they queue for things it would put a serious damper on gil farming.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that's what I thought. I didnt want to push the matter and apparently he couldnt get it through his thick head he was doing it wrong so I just left th
You are doing it correctly.

With tank swap mechanics you need to taunt during the cast.

Are you shirking him as well?
Yes I was shirking him.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If they put a fucking Captcha randomly on accounts when they queue for things it would put a serious damper on gil farming.
I don't know every game that had that also had bots who could break it cause it was implemented poorly enough.

Yeah that's what I thought. I didnt want to push the matter and apparently he couldnt get it through his thick head he was doing it wrong so I just left th

Yes I was shirking him.
Yeah he just retarded. You're supposed to taunt during the cast, unless it's one of the few tankbusters that retarget at the end(there's a couple iirc). For innocence you definitely taunt during.

I had a tank ealier not shirking, not sure why he wasn't. It wasn't bad since he was turning off his stance, but if I wasn't pressing buttons after taunting, he was dead. Don't get why. He also was a PLD who wasn't using Intervention at all either(even though I used it on him several times in case he forgot it was a thing). Like you have literally nothing else to use your bar on when OTing, why not just throw that shit for free mitigation.

Anyway it was a shit group, it was one of these "Anyone wanna help get this guy his clear?" FC group, so I go to help, then another guy who hasn't cleared shows up, we do a pull with a few pubs, goes kinda meh but not horrible like 12% enrage wipe so definitely doable if ppl die less, pubs leave cause they thought it was Farm(even though the PF was Duty Incomplete only, so the pub joined without having cleared and somehow assumed it was a farm grp). Then 2 more ppl login and they get invited, and it's now 4 people, 3 of which had never seen the fight or a video before(???). And the 2 that roped me into this that had cleared were also complete shitters, one of them fuckers was eating every winged retribution blue pattern, all of them, as a healer. Anyway I left when they wanted to take a break then invite another guy who hadn't cleared. They spent all the evening wiping as far as I could tell.

I'm all for helping ppl who have seen enrage but can't get a clear cause fucking pubs suck, but this was some stupid retarded shit, wiped like 4times in a row to the very first big aoe with stars on the sides, motherfuckers just standing there not moving with the big aoe, or deciding "oh no this side won't do, let me turn around and try to make it to the other side instead". Like motherfucker what the fuck is wrong with you, just get your fucking aoe out of the orbs, even if you die no one gives a shit as long as we don't wipe. Worst part is the ppl who are "helping" being just as fucking bad. I wasn't fucking up that much on my FIRST try.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just as I suspected. Finish leveling late and u get fucked on the extremes. Been to enrage multiple times but can’t get into the duty complete groups and every practice group has atleast 1 mouth breather in it (and usually a Dps)
Like what is so hard about positioning around a knockback to break tethers? Constantly losing 1-2 dps there and it’s a shit spiral downward after that

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just as I suspected. Finish leveling late and u get fucked on the extremes. Been to enrage multiple times but can’t get into the duty complete groups and every practice group has atleast 1 mouth breather in it (and usually a Dps)
Like what is so hard about positioning around a knockback to break tethers? Constantly losing 1-2 dps there and it’s a shit spiral downward after that
Any time I was pugging Titania I required people to get in discord and literally walked them through the fight at every step like I was their personal DBM.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I still haven't run them yet. But I need to. So if you're on my data center we can group up to slam out runs.

I'm only a little retarded