Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, as mentionned, if they removed the cutscenes, they'd just cut the rewards as much, and nobody would run that shit at all.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lord - I had forgotten about how long it took to get through those forced cinematic dungeons. I went through them on my character a dozen times as I was leveling for the daily. Then my g/f got to that part of the game and I had to do them again half a dozen more times. I finally just started alt tabbing out to do other stuff and I kept my mouse hovered over the game so I could see when it was done. (Or just waited for her to say something, but she started doing the same thing I was doing. :rolleyes:) Lord, if there was any way to pawn off all the cinematic videos to the end of that dungeon - it would be a God Send for players still running that stuff.

Don't forget to visit the Itinerant Moogle in the starter cities. That's the one saving grace right now of doing those MSQ grinds. There are three really nice mounts at 50 tokens each and you get 10 tokens per clear or Prae and I think 7 for Castrum.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Patch confirmed at least late july and NA fanfest "canceled" but should take place in 2021 instead(so instead of NA > JP > EU, it'll put NA at the end after EU which is feb).

Makes sense but kinda sucks since I was hoping I could sub for the end of the FFXI armor event and still have it running for the patch but seems it won't make it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Patch confirmed at least late july and NA fanfest "canceled" but should take place in 2021 instead(so instead of NA > JP > EU, it'll put NA at the end after EU which is feb).

Makes sense but kinda sucks since I was hoping I could sub for the end of the FFXI armor event and still have it running for the patch but seems it won't make it.

ouch when you say "at least late july" does that mean possibly longer? That's already a full month or so delayed as is.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
ouch when you say "at least late july" does that mean possibly longer? That's already a full month or so delayed as is.
Patch was slated for the 16th of june, but Yoshida says "at least a month later". Could be the july 21st or could be 28th. But if they announced more than a month it probably won't be the 14th. It's unlikely it'll be later I'd say, Yoshida said they're back at 85-90% efficiency and if they need to they'll cut something and add it 2 weeks later or whatever like they've done before.

There will be a live letter in July and they'll announced the release date at that point since they'll know exactly when they're done.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got all my dragonsung tools and capped out facet gear ready for the patch; just been building up stacks of tier 7 materia (already plenty of tier 8 for like... everything hah) and stockpiling materials for it.

Little sad they are adding a crafting beast tribe a year after the expansion came out; they really should have combined crafter/gatherer together instead of breaking them apart into two separate tribes, unless the plan is to put out 4 beast tribes for this xpac. Wouldn't be mad if they did! But I feel like crafter coming out so late in the expansion's life is a little meh.

Cybsled

They've almost always done that, though. Last beast tribe usually ends up being the crafter one. Doesn't help leveling that late in the xpac, but its a good catchup mechanic for people new to crafting or people who arent omnicrafters yet.

Malakriss

Craft tribes always bottleneck a mat through dailies for the final crafting/gathering set. 5.3 should only add a new aethersand and scrip mat with recipes that are 3-star, something you should already be able to make with ease.

Melding them out seems to be roughly the same as existing set with minor choices on the last slot, akin to choosing 2 control vs 1 CP vs extra craft. Excluding tool melds crafters should hit 2650 / 2650 / 550cp easily so it becomes a matter of what 4-star recipes will require for minimum craftmanship in 5.4. Gather melds are especially weird since meld caps of 26 can be done with VI + VII (15+12) or VIII + IV (20 +6) and you'll choose whether to leave off a bit of gather or GP.

Post Mortem's Lv.80 DoH & DoL Equipment Stat Calculator

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, as mentionned, if they removed the cutscenes, they'd just cut the rewards as much, and nobody would run that shit at all.

Pre no-skip, msq was really good for daily tomes. Even at half the reward, you could do it in 10-15 minutes.

Little sad they are adding a crafting beast tribe a year after the expansion came out; they really should have combined crafter/gatherer together instead of breaking them apart into two separate tribes, unless the plan is to put out 4 beast tribes for this xpac. Wouldn't be mad if they did! But I feel like crafter coming out so late in the expansion's life is a little meh.

Unfortunately, cutting the 2nd combat tribe to split gather and craft was a conscious decision, which would have been okay if they didnt make the gatherer rewards absolute trash.

The x.3 doh/l gear is always tied to time locked crafter beast tribe mats, so we likely are seeing that repeat again, but theres 0 value in the gatherer tribe after you get max rank for allied quests in 5.45.

Ishgard restoration killed any real point for crafter tribe other than that, though. I think they underestimated just how easy leveling crafters was going to be, especially when they made it scale with road to 70! , and by the time they realized you could get up to 7 levels a day from GC turnins (starred road-fueled turnins were 6.5ish levels worth) and grind the rest on restoration in almost no time, it was too late to change anything.

I'd say melding could be interesting, but unless you're doing the expert restoration recipes (which are, to me, a colossal waste of time since you arent winning rankings unless you're out-pacing bots), itll either be a max CP, min craft, excess in control build, or we'll meld for max cp, min craft, excess control, but with 5-8 less CP from the relic weapon, and switch around rotations to use a slightly different synthesis finished.

You can plug in the current relic main hands for overmeld mainhands and it changes 1 button press in current macros , unless youre using the 1 button macro for current battle gear, and I dont even do that, because fuck me, there's no way I'm making 32mil worth of grade 7's in extra profit to justify running a 15 step macro over a 17 step, especially when it uses different consumable sets.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Started levelling dancer, pretty fun so far. I still don't know what half my shit does, but at least I read a rotation guide.

DPS queues suck balls. Never done beast tribe stuff, where can I read a guide for that?

Merrith

I'd say melding could be interesting, but unless you're doing the expert restoration recipes (which are, to me, a colossal waste of time since you arent winning rankings unless you're out-pacing bots), itll either be a max CP, min craft, excess in control build, or we'll meld for max cp, min craft, excess control, but with 5-8 less CP from the relic weapon, and switch around rotations to use a slightly different synthesis finished.

You can plug in the current relic main hands for overmeld mainhands and it changes 1 button press in current macros , unless youre using the 1 button macro for current battle gear, and I dont even do that, because fuck me, there's no way I'm making 32mil worth of grade 7's in extra profit to justify running a 15 step macro over a 17 step, especially when it uses different consumable sets.

Frankly since they made the change to crafting abilities and their CP costs, stuff isn't currently designed around max cp melds. By end of expansion even if the crafting relic never gets materia slots (although final version might have them), we might not need the extra cp on main hand anyways and the raw craft/control boost from the relic will be better. I think it might be likely not worth melding the +1 or +2 cp whatever it'll be on hat/chest/gloves.

Also which server are you on where grade 7's sell for jack shit anymore? Made money off them when they were worth something, now just wait for a starred syrup day and print 400-1k VII's depending on how much time I feel hitting the macro button those days.

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
Also which server are you on where grade 7's sell for jack shit anymore? Made money off them when they were worth something, now just wait for a starred syrup day and print 400-1k VII's depending on how much time I feel hitting the macro button those days.

Those were the prices when the last revamp hit and everyone was rushing to re-meld for the newest craftsmanship requirements.

I looked at it, realized the market for 5.2 battle gear wasnt worth the expensive re-meld to get down to 1 button with new craft melding, and melded my offhand to hit it.

Merrith

Those were the prices when the last revamp hit and everyone was rushing to re-meld for the newest craftsmanship requirements.

I looked at it, realized the market for 5.2 battle gear wasnt worth the expensive re-meld to get down to 1 button with new craft melding, and melded my offhand to hit it.

Guess there is a chance prices go up a little bit with the 5.3 set as people may want to fully meld out the final set of this expansion, but with Ishgard stuff and syrup macros being so ridiculously easy now, I doubt the prices of 7's ever really rebound to close to what they were.

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
Guess there is a chance prices go up a little bit with the 5.3 set as people may want to fully meld out the final set of this expansion, but with Ishgard stuff and syrup macros being so ridiculously easy now, I doubt the prices of 7's ever really rebound to close to what they were.

I think 5.3 will be the cheapest it's ever been to full overmeld a set.

Crafting is currently so brain-dead easy to level that even my long-time solid markets have been crashed. No more 400k troupe stages or 750k+ primal weapons, hah.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

During Stormblood, you could make a killing selling shit. I was selling oak pillars for 100k per and wall hanging plants for like 30k per. Got enough to buy a mansion when they added the extra wards.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah last time I played, prices seemed to have crashed on everything. Which honestly makes sense, it was fairly stupid I could buy 50k worth of mats, press 2 macros while afk for 50secs, and get 400k for accessories I made in return. It's good for the casual players but not good if you want to generate big money, and some stuff is still expensive cause there's few gold sinks and some people have accumulated stupid amounts of money.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Crafting seems tragic now yeah, I remember back in sb my goal was 5 mil/hour profit for it to seem worthwhile. Not sure I could even make a mil now? And the idea of putting in like 12 hours of crafting for 12 mil is crushing.

On the bright side submarines are something like 4m~ income a week passively, but they take a few months to get to that point.

I do think we'll see a BIG price spike on materia the first few days of new crafter set, I have been doing turnins every week and I'm hoping to pull in double figure millions at least? Not sure if patch delay will mess that up some though. We'll see.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I regret never getting in to crafting early on, I think my experiences in FFXI probably put me off. Getting one craft to 100 in that game was utterly painful. Seems a fairly signficant task to get them up to 80 now but I'm sitting on 200k and have never really had much past 1 mil in the game so it's probably time for me to bite the bullet and start levelling them.

Are there any decent crafting resources you'd recommend?

Also, Ehrgeix, I managed to get past that chokepoint I was on with the MSQ but thanks for the offer to help.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Some odd reason, might just be the time I play and everything, but all my Alchemy leftovers from making things for friends/static members sell like asap make enough money too cover everything off of them. *shrug*

Malakriss

We'll never make the ridiculous amounts of money that crafters did in Heavensward or get the materia prices we did in Stormblood from simply hunting. There's a cycle to it and it revolves around new patches adding desired combat gear / glamour / housing.

Majority of the high level stuff is on The Balance discord, for leveling up most will point to ishgard and sprinkle in GC provisons / leve turn-ins.