New patch lookin' great

roemvfgbtmm51.png

• 5Worf
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I just beat the ARR campaign and jesus christ you know a lot is about to go down when the game warns you a bunch of scenes are gonna play and you need to make some time. You regain control 40 minutes later to talk to two people and it gives you the warning again... I wish some of that shit happened during the actual gameplay instead of the 500 fetch quests.

MMO logic is so fucked sometimes. "Hello, [God_Slayer]! Welcome to the end game outpost where seasoned adventurers co... Oh no! Random NPC is sick, can you go pick some flowers for their medicine? Seems like a good use of your time. I got a few more chores for you when you're done."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

In later expansions, they poke fun at that a lot and some of your dialogue options are the sarcastic acknowledgement of that

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
MMO logic is so fucked sometimes. "Hello, [God_Slayer]! Welcome to the end game outpost where seasoned adventurers co... Oh no! Random NPC is sick, can you go pick some flowers for their medicine? Seems like a good use of your time. I got a few more chores for you when you're done."

It's funny you mention this, been doing beast tribes for free exp (the Stormblood and ShB combat ones) to help level some of my alt classes. One of the Stormblood ones for the snake people has you literally cleaning a bed sheet. Not just once, either. You have to interact with a clickable spot 3 times in a row, and it mentions something along the lines of "with the same strength that has felled many a god, you manage to wash the grime off the sheet".

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I just beat the ARR campaign and jesus christ you know a lot is about to go down when the game warns you a bunch of scenes are gonna play and you need to make some time. You regain control 40 minutes later to talk to two people and it gives you the warning again... I wish some of that shit happened during the actual gameplay instead of the 500 fetch quests.

And you can get that 40 minutes in the random duty finder for story missions.

Sargas

Trakanon Raider
What datacenter are most people playing on? I've been on Aether since pretty much the beginning (Sargatanas specifically) - is there any CWLS or 'forum guild' type of thing out there?

Just came back and finished up the content up to the latest patch, overall have been extremely pleased with the main story from shadowbringers, soon I might try doing some of these 8-mans. I really haven't messed with any of them since doing Twintania way back when- that bs left a pretty sour taste in my mouth since it seemed just so poorly implemented when it was in-era. I've heard that savage is much better tuned these days.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was a forum guild on Gilgamesh, but it basically vanished during ARR and never really recovered. I moved to Sargatanas and joined up with another forum bro but that guy hasn't logged on in over a year, and nobody is on in the freecompany pretty much ever. Which is fine because I basically log in, do some dailies/craft some shit, then log out hah.

Sargas

Trakanon Raider
There was a forum guild on Gilgamesh, but it basically vanished during ARR and never really recovered. I moved to Sargatanas and joined up with another forum bro but that guy hasn't logged on in over a year, and nobody is on in the freecompany pretty much ever. Which is fine because I basically log in, do some dailies/craft some shit, then log out hah.

About what I expected, I think there was a cross world linkshell too at some point on aether, but it had like 2 or 3 other people in it (none of whom logged in often)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
ISIS was the bomb long before it was the bombers.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still remember hazing people in the New Gridania amphitheater trying to role play. I think it was Erronius Erronius ? that was just plumb f'n naked walking around their play.

Malkav

French Madman
Still remember hazing people in the New Gridania amphitheater trying to role play. I think it was Erronius Erronius ? that was just plumb f'n naked walking around their play.

And his character was named Arnold Schwarzenegger if I remember correctly. God those roleplayers were triggered.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Started getting in to this a lot more. My Gunbreaker is almost 73. Enjoying it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Patch 5.35 confirmed for 10/13. This adds the new relic quest grind area and also adds new housing districts.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have they announced anything on a PS5 transition or support yet?

Assuming you'll be able to play XIV on the PS5 but will you need to convert your account over as you had to do from PS3 to PS4 and will the PS5 have a graphics bump or will they tie it to the lowest common denominator?