Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's suppose too swallow the world when the Calamity happens, the issue right now is that at the start of ARR they stopped the assimilation(Bahamut basically burning the world down).

Everything I belive so far, has been to try and make it happen again, but this time with Zodiark instead of Bahamut.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
So I was just reading the Encyclopedia Eorzea, and apparently 7 of the worlds have already been assimilated back into the source, with the Aether going directly into Zodiark.

I'm assuming each time is when a calamity has happened on the source. (which would explain why the Ascians are so hell bent on calamities).

I'm assuming world 13 (the void) is still around though, otherwise we wouldn't see any Voidsent at all, and I believe that Nero was sent there during the Crystal Tower storyline.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whelp I did it. I used my ARR Fantasia and changed my character into a cat girl instead of a human.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I was just reading the Encyclopedia Eorzea, and apparently 7 of the worlds have already been assimilated back into the source, with the Aether going directly into Zodiark.

I'm assuming each time is when a calamity has happened on the source. (which would explain why the Ascians are so hell bent on calamities).

I'm assuming world 13 (the void) is still around though, otherwise we wouldn't see any Voidsent at all, and I believe that Nero was sent there during the Crystal Tower storyline.
Yep. Seven of the thirteen other worlds don't exist anymore and the Calamities on the Source were a byproduct of the aether of those seven being "Rejoined" to the Source, and possibly the Shard of Darkness (the piece of Zodiark that split to that world) also Rejoining with the Source. We don't know exactly which seven (of the Second through Twelfth) were Rejoined.

The First is in the process of becoming a Light void as the Thirteenth became a Darkness void (and yes, the Thirteenth is the reality of what people currently call "the Void" on the Source). I'm rather curious if we will see a permanent Voidgate open on the First so that the Sin Eaters and voidsent perpetually go after each other and effectively rehabilitate each other's world.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If you care about your sense of sanity, don't go over to the FFXIV reddit right now.

The amount of salt going around about them having gender locked Viera/Hrothgar is palpable right now. And 'that' community wonders why they are so far behind in equality in the real world right now. You gotta pick your fucking battles, man.

Why can't they just play the gender they were given in game, and pretend or make-believe they are the other gender? That's exactly what they do IRL isn't it?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
they want something that would go against the lore so they can RP... repeat, roleplayers are whining that Square is following the lore.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, it's basically them strawmanning it to get what they want.

"BUT LORE SAYS MALE MIQOTE ARE RARE AND THIS CENSUS SAYS MOST PEOPLE PLAY MALE MIQOTE SO LORE IS DUMB BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH"

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Yep. Seven of the thirteen other worlds don't exist anymore and the Calamities on the Source were a byproduct of the aether of those seven being "Rejoined" to the Source, and possibly the Shard of Darkness (the piece of Zodiark that split to that world) also Rejoining with the Source. We don't know exactly which seven (of the Second through Twelfth) were Rejoined.

The First is in the process of becoming a Light void as the Thirteenth became a Darkness void (and yes, the Thirteenth is the reality of what people currently call "the Void" on the Source). I'm rather curious if we will see a permanent Voidgate open on the First so that the Sin Eaters and voidsent perpetually go after each other and effectively rehabilitate each other's world.

That's actually a really interesting idea for where the plot mind end up going. Is Cloud of Darkness the leader of the voidsent? I know she's considered high in the hierarchy of voidsent.

I was almost sure that we'd get a plot point where we'd find out that the Amdaporii actually summoned (or at least saw) sin eaters from the first shard, seeing as Kuribu and the Winged Lion seem to be very similar to Sin Eaters that we've seen from the 1st. In that case it would weave a very different tale about the war of the magi, seeing as it was assumed that the Amdaporii were just animating statues and guardians in order to fight for them, and they implied that summoning voidsent (which they did in abundance in mhach) was evil. I feel like XIV is heading toward a plot point where light and dark don't equal good and evil respectively.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I feel like XIV is heading toward a plot point where light and dark don't equal good and evil respectively.

Oh you're spot on with that, they've been kind of working towards that lately and even in the not too distant past. I think it was one of those scenes with Zodiark where it was kinda mentioned that too much Light can also be as bad as too much Dark.

I'm totally game for this shit. I've seen this type synopsis play out in other media, and I totally dig that concept that too much Light can also be destructive/a bad thing. It's all about that balance between the two.

I'll be honest, I didn't expect in a thousand years we'd be going to the First, or anything close to that in this game at least for a long, long time. This is gonna be a welcome environmental change I feel, and gonna give us some crazy lore goodness if they play their cards right.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Started Pagos yesterday and went in there at level 28. I been doing the NM train and I'm almost level 32 with 4 1/2 into the light gauge. Think I need five to get my 1st pagos weapon. What the most efficient way to farm lights in Pagos? Nm trains or get into a light farm group? I just need something that will get it quickly. Also I know Pagos has been nerfed but what was the main issue(s) with it prior to the nerf?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Started Pagos yesterday and went in there at level 28. I been doing the NM train and I'm almost level 32 with 4 1/2 into the light gauge. Think I need five to get my 1st pagos weapon. What the most efficient way to farm lights in Pagos? Nm trains or get into a light farm group? I just need something that will get it quickly. Also I know Pagos has been nerfed but what was the main issue(s) with it prior to the nerf?
For farming light sadly there isn't really a "good" way. It's just all kinda slow and shitty. You can do NMs, it's nice if you want to just afk. You can join various light farming parties, some will also do NMs inbetween, that's more efficient than afking but it's boring as fuck and also still kinda slow. You can solo mobs around the lower bunny fate too using the level sync trick(pull a mob into the fate area but don't sync, get it down low/kill it, then sync down to the FATE, you'll get like 10k+ xp for the kill because you're now 2-3levels lower than the mob when the xp kicks in, unsync and pull another), that's not that fast but can be done solo, assuming there's not too many people there.

As for why Pagos sucked, other than shit being much slower(both spawn rate and light/crystals), the aetherytes were also like 28 and 32, instead of 23 and 25 or whatever they are now. That means until 28, you had to run through the middle of the zone with all the dragons for most of the FATEs, which was a huge pain in the ass.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I got to Pagos and just couldn't be bothered. The end game Eureka weapons look kinda shitty in my opinion. I actually hope they get another step bringing them up to i410 and distinguishing them a bit more, because the animations are exactly the same on every Eureka weapon.

I like the armour though, so I really need to actually slog through Pagos.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
'Forge farm' groups should be >4 light/hour, Nola Nola - basically you chain level 35 plants into the dragon outside on 5/10/15/20/25/30. The last time I needed Pagos light I picked up 15~ in a lockout with this. Should be much easier now if anyone has +2 Eureka gear.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I believe you can get the armor without the weapon, so you may not need to do Pagos light grind at all.
You actually need to be on the Pyros weapon step to start the Armor stuff, so you have to do Pagos. You can skip Pyros and Hydatos grinds however as only being on the first step of Pyros is necessary.

khorum

Murder Apologist
So yeah, the callbacks to the Crystal Tower raid cutscenes are key to ShB. The expac's story goes back all the way to 2.1 lol.

Also, I went down the rabbit hole on those lore videos and found a documentary on the utter failure of FFXIV 1.0 and how Squeenix nutted up and pulled through it. It's by NOCLIP, one of the guys who were hosted and produced Giantbomb's old podcasts, and it's very well done with lots of history that folks who weren't around at the time may not have seen.

SE was near-broke and hemorrhaging cash and although it was a smart move in retrospect, it was more or less a hail mary at the time.

The other 2 parts are in links.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Weird that they doubled the cap, removed weekly restrictions on Alphascape Savage, but didn't remove loot restrictions on Orbonne.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Weird that they doubled the cap, removed weekly restrictions on Alphascape Savage, but didn't remove loot restrictions on Orbonne.
Well technically Orbonne is newer. It's early for the echo/savage/tome cap stuff though, last expansion it was later than that(not by much mind you, but there also wasn't stuff planned up to may).

Probably will resub soon once I'm done with PoE challenges, need to start farming a bard set since I haven't touched these 2 classes since they hit 70 and I have literally nothing besides 290 weapons.