Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Armorer is now also 50, similar to the Blacksmith, it took about 30 or so leves to get from 31 to 50, and it barely cost me anything since I had most of the mats again. All in all a good day of crafting. :)

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Found this gem on Reddit. It's a well written detailed leveling guide for alt jobs from 1-70 in 5 days. It tells you which dungeons to run, how many times to run each and also includes PoTD and HoH is you choose that route.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The 5 days in this are very very loosely followed. One of the days has you running 17dungeons and a bunch of other stuff or some shit I remember the post. It's like 4hours a day WITHOUT queues(so like 6hours with queues if you're not a tank/healer) and day 2 is 8hours(again without queues). And even then, it involves generally cramming 13-14 dungeons in 4hours, so if you pub even with instant queues you might still bleed towards 5hours instead.

Ultimately it's interesting to see what kind of xp/how many dungeon runs it'd take, but you should be able to figure out that when you leveled enough, you move to the next dungeon by yourself and it's definitely going to take more than 5 days for most people.

Also worth noting for next expansion, a lot of the numbers will look different since armory bonus will be increased to 100% instead of 50% for the 60-70 part. So for example when it says 4HoH runs from 61 to 62, it'll only be 3 runs after ShB releases.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Found this gem on Reddit. It's a well written detailed leveling guide for alt jobs from 1-70 in 5 days. It tells you which dungeons to run, how many times to run each and also includes PoTD and HoH is you choose that route.

Wtf? That guide is ass. You can do it way faster...

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Ya, the quick ventures are best. Rewards are the same or better than the 18 hour ones and you get them back in an hour. Ventures are the only limiter, but that isn't hard if you trade in dungeon drops for GC seals.

This ----- Greed everything and trade in for seals, so many times when running roulette's 2 or even all 3 of the other members just pass on loot.

Fuck that noise, greed it all then teleport to the hawthorn hut (Girdania) and trade all that shit in for some sweet seal action that you can use to buy alot of different money making/saving items.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People were disappointed with the lack of Eureka tweaks in last night's maintenance. Dataminers got ahold of the items/info for the next event though.

Currency for an item shop is obtained through running old ARR content, 3 tomestones for MSQ, 2 for Alliance, 1 for dungeons. AKA speed farm Tam-Tara.

Map for 50 and glamour earrings for 100 are the unique items for the event.
unknown.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I'm disapointed as fuck, have to farm these stupid crystals slow as shit now. Luckily I got into an instance that spawned PW just now so I'm done on scales since that fucker doesn't spawn too often either, most instances seem to close before people really get into it(hell the instance we were in was close but there were still 50ish people and that was enough). It's not like THAT bad but it's boring as fuck.

And that event shit looks awful too, although we'll see how it goes I guess. 50 tam tara for a pegasus sounds pretty alright but a lot of the other stuff doesn't seem worth it. Answers is probably not worth it as I assume next expansion T9 should be soloable relatively easily, even if only by Summoner(already soloable atm but it's unreliable and requires maxed gear, but 10level, new skills and ~50ilvl should make it easy).

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly, most of the buys on that list aren't worth the effort. Pegasus wasn't hard to get from Diadem 2.0, to my recollection, but it did take a little time. It was certainly faster than 50 dungeon runs or 17 MSQ dungeons, I'll wager.

Crone

■North American Data Center
▼Preferred Worlds  
○ Adamantoise  ○ Famfrit  ○ Goblin  ○ Hyperion  ○ Lamia  ○ Malboro  ○ Midgardsormr  ○ Siren

Most of my friends all started on Brynhildr , because it was preferred, and myself and a few others moved there expecting it to stay Preferred. Oops... we came from Midgardsomr. So now I'm on the Crystal DC, which is the shit raiding DC, and I don't even get preferred status to make it better. I've dun goofed!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
■North American Data Center
▼Preferred Worlds  
○ Adamantoise  ○ Famfrit  ○ Goblin  ○ Hyperion  ○ Lamia  ○ Malboro  ○ Midgardsormr  ○ Siren

Most of my friends all started on Brynhildr , because it was preferred, and myself and a few others moved there expecting it to stay Preferred. Oops... we came from Midgardsomr. So now I'm on the Crystal DC, which is the shit raiding DC, and I don't even get preferred status to make it better. I've dun goofed!
I mean preferred doesn't do anything unless you make a new char there anyway, so not sure what's the issue?

Honestly, most of the buys on that list aren't worth the effort. Pegasus wasn't hard to get from Diadem 2.0, to my recollection, but it did take a little time. It was certainly faster than 50 dungeon runs or 17 MSQ dungeons, I'll wager.
Well alliance roulette I was already kinda doing for poetics(although I'm done with poetics so might not be worth continuing) and 50dungeons isn't that long, assuming it lets you run them unsynced. If it has to be queued via DF yeah that looks like cancer. It can be done without other people at least, pretty sure pegasus mount still needs like 2-3 people to help you to do the FATEs and shit.

Crone

I mean preferred doesn't do anything unless you make a new char there anyway, so not sure what's the issue?

Well alliance roulette I was already kinda doing for poetics(although I'm done with poetics so might not be worth continuing) and 50dungeons isn't that long, assuming it lets you run them unsynced. If it has to be queued via DF yeah that looks like cancer. It can be done without other people at least, pretty sure pegasus mount still needs like 2-3 people to help you to do the FATEs and shit.
It'd apply to any new job I was leveling up, right?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It'd apply to any new job I was leveling up, right?
No, Road to 60 is only given to new characters that are created when the server is prefered. If you transfer on a prefered server you still wouldn't get it, lvl 60 or not.

khorum

Murder Apologist
If you're still raging about Hydatos crystals a good way to get them is to sign into the BA discord and get into the same Hydatos as a frag run/prog... the Support NM is worth 3x as many crystals as PW and will spawn about 25-40 mins aft the raid zones into BA. For Gilgamesh or the Aethyr group the discord is at Join the Crystal Baldesion Arsenal Discord Server!

Around peak time there's usually a couple runs going in parallel, more on the weekends and one of the farm groups (the so-called A9 group) is invite only so they might be running one too so just check the scheduling channel.

Crone

No, Road to 60 is only given to new characters that are created when the server is prefered. If you transfer on a prefered server you still wouldn't get it, lvl 60 or not.
Well my entire plan with the DC move just went up in smoke. LOL

khorum

Murder Apologist
I've only gotten three chars to 70---and it never felt particularly grindy for any of them without preferred server bonuses or pre-order earrigs. Why freak out about maximizing alt jobs to 70 when there's still stuff that's gated behind WEEKLY RESETS to maximise your level 70 jobs?

Are you just bored by the endgame content? Then I dunno why relevelling to 70 would be worth the subscription.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you're still raging about Hydatos crystals a good way to get them is to sign into the BA discord and get into the same Hydatos as a frag run/prog... the Support NM is worth 3x as many crystals as PW and will spawn about 25-40 mins aft the raid zones into BA. For Gilgamesh or the Aethyr group the discord is at Join the Crystal Baldesion Arsenal Discord Server!

Around peak time there's usually a couple runs going in parallel, more on the weekends and one of the farm groups (the so-called A9 group) is invite only so they might be running one too so just check the scheduling channel.
Yeah I caught a support FATE earlier, got 160crystals today, it just still feels slow as shit compared to hoping in Pyros for a couple of hours and getting the same amount. I'll be done soon-ish though, fuck the shiny armor it's not even that good looking anyway, I'll just get the tank set(and only the shiny pieces) and the healer chest and be done with that, need only 80crystals for my relic too so I'll probably done in a couple of days if I keep going hard at it. I just wanted to do it with an hour here and there casuall instead of camping in Hydatos all day.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I could of SWORE there would of been a hydatos nerf with this patch especially being the last one before 5.0. Anemos through Pyros is not bad with nerfs but hydatos.... sigh. I still have to run my samurai through all of Eureka and complete my paladin weapon in hydatos.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
The most legit leak I've seen so far is that Phoenix is going to be part of SMN's kit.

Also, I got NIN to 70, and shit is fun

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user