Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

khorum

Murder Apologist
you'll be able to get logograms for free, but not sure if you get good types?
You don't. You can get stacks upon stacks of fundamentals and conceptuals but you're frankly better off saving/using them than selling them. You'll burn through them if you're gonna heal in BA. Basically unless you have no cash, you're infinitely better off just buying all the logograms you need to unlock off the MB. A good way to journal your unlocks is Eureka Tracker since it matches up with the ingame UI.

Heatboxes/Coldboxes and Pyros Bunny Coffers have the most lucrative logograms. The Pyros Bunny coffer is the ONLY source for Protective Logograms, which is why they're still 60-80k each.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I used this site for my logo collection. FFLOGOS
I spent around 2 mil gil on the MB buying logos for the last 6 or 7 logos I need for a complete set.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
Man I wish they'd do something like logograms outside of Eureka. Made heals and even tanking fun as hell.

Nerf warriors with double edge tho.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I finally dinged 70 today on my BLM. I had do a little grinding so I did a roulette trial and it was Susano. Stacking on his ass is a foreign concept to people in this game.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
You have a long way to go, dear. Novus--->Nexus--->Zodiac--->Zeta
I just managed to beat it yesterday, I just buckled down and put music on to get through the lights. The Crafting phase wasn't all that bad, but I was a bit burned out about having to actually do all the 50 dungeons as I'd been grinding them with friends for lights (They're working on lux so even though it wasn't as fast as Tam Tara spam I thought I'd go along with them). The Mahatma stage was fine because it was just Tam Tara spam again.

Welp I have Excalibur Zeta now so a long standing XIV goal has been completed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

I lucked out on a Skoll Claw drop and simply MB raided another server for a cheaper* Ying-yang piece for the 6th magicite. Is there any datacenter that actually tries for Ceto I've only seen him once.

• 1Worf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems YoshiP in an interview revealed that they are indeed increasing the glamour dresser size to 400 and increasing the amount of glamour plates(no numbers but I'd expect 15, possibly 20 but not that likely). Should help a fair bit, I was getting close to the cap and I mostly collect chest/boots/legs, with 0 jewelry, almost no headgear and only a few gloves.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I lucked out on a Skoll Claw drop and simply MB raided another server for a cheaper* Ying-yang piece for the 6th magicite. Is there any datacenter that actually tries for Ceto I've only seen him once.
I have the sixth magicite and I love Eureka but I dunno about actually USING ceto's claw as opposed to selling it unless you're super loaded. Has the price crashed much recently?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Seems YoshiP in an interview revealed that they are indeed increasing the glamour dresser size to 400 and increasing the amount of glamour plates(no numbers but I'd expect 15, possibly 20 but not that likely). Should help a fair bit, I was getting close to the cap and I mostly collect chest/boots/legs, with 0 jewelry, almost no headgear and only a few gloves.
How it determined which piece of armor you can store in the dresser? I have a fuck ton of armor in my saddle bag, retainers and on me. The pieces that you can store is the one you glamoured to or what? I'm somewhat confused on which pieces can be stored.

On another note I been playing the hell out of my samurai and what a blast I been having. I went from 50 to 61 in two days and gonna try to hit 70 by this weekend to start grinding the shit out of eureka for it's relic weapon and elemental gear before the expansion. I love seeing the big damage numbers the job produces like a black mage.

There is so much to do in the game I cannot keep up. Spent 3 days casually in the gold saucer to get the Regalia 4 seater mount and gonna start investing more time there to save up 3 million MGP for Fenrir and Cactuar mount. I also been doing Crytstal data center cross sever fates for the Ixion mount via the "The Pursuit Hunt" Crystal data center discord channel. I was able to get the mount in 2 days by using the discord. Players post in Discord when a fate monster spawns on their server and just move to that server to get the kill. I been trying to get the Foxy Lady fate but I keep missing it. Surprisingly I'm never bored with FFXIV. I still gotta do extreme trials for the fox mounts and I have yet to try any of the harder raids either. This game keeps me so occupied more than WoW has ever done.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Trying to buy a house but the demand at the moment is unreal. I'm just trying a straight autohotkey doing 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 4, 0

Is this my best shot ? It's doing an attempt around every 3 seconds but I'm consistently losing out to other characters even if there is only one other trying.

When you do this you lose the target of the placard for half a second every cycle but there are some folks getting houses and you can tell when you target them that they never lose the target of the placard so I'm wondering if they're using a bot or some more advanced programming.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Trying to buy a house but the demand at the moment is unreal. I'm just trying a straight autohotkey doing 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 4, 0

Is this my best shot ? It's doing an attempt around every 3 seconds but I'm consistently losing out to other characters even if there is only one other trying.

When you do this you lose the target of the placard for half a second every cycle but there are some folks getting houses and you can tell when you target them that they never lose the target of the placard so I'm wondering if they're using a bot or some more advanced programming.
Might be one of those things that's easier on a controller.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How it determined which piece of armor you can store in the dresser? I have a fuck ton of armor in my saddle bag, retainers and on me. The pieces that you can store is the one you glamoured to or what? I'm somewhat confused on which pieces can be stored.

On another note I been playing the hell out of my samurai and what a blast I been having. I went from 50 to 61 in two days and gonna try to hit 70 by this weekend to start grinding the shit out of eureka for it's relic weapon and elemental gear before the expansion. I love seeing the big damage numbers the job produces like a black mage.

There is so much to do in the game I cannot keep up. Spent 3 days casually in the gold saucer to get the Regalia 4 seater mount and gonna start investing more time there to save up 3 million MGP for Fenrir and Cactuar mount. I also been doing Crytstal data center cross sever fates for the Ixion mount via the "The Pursuit Hunt" Crystal data center discord channel. I was able to get the mount in 2 days by using the discord. Players post in Discord when a fate monster spawns on their server and just move to that server to get the kill. I been trying to get the Foxy Lady fate but I keep missing it. Surprisingly I'm never bored with FFXIV. I still gotta do extreme trials for the fox mounts and I have yet to try any of the harder raids either. This game keeps me so occupied more than WoW has ever done.
Everything goes in the dresser(or close to).

You probably are thinking of the armoire, which is an older system, that only accepts a few specific items. There's icons on the top right of each item tooltip that says wether they go in the dresser(all do but still has an icon), armoire or... I forgot what the 3rd is. For the armoire, you can expect mostly seasonal event items(like christmas/halloween etc stuff, last of which was the Spriggan clothes), time limited events such as current FFXV gear or FFXIII lightning gear and so on, as well as a few specific mostly ARR actual items, such as the AF1 for every class and Lucis tools(or whichever tools go in there I forgot) but they kinda stopped with these.

So mostly the armoire doesn't hold a lot of stuff, but it is unlimited so anytime you get something, you can drop it in there for free. Also you can pull items from the armoire in the glamour dresser plates directly so that's nice.

The dresser accepts every piece of armor/weapons almost with a few exceptions(you can't put relics in there, only replicas for example), but you need to pay 1 glamour prism each time. It's limited to 200items total.

Then you can make glamour plates with items from either the dresser or the armoire and once it's done, you can apply these to your current gear to modify all the appearances at once.

Edit: added a screenshot of the little icons in the top right. The first one means you can apply a FC crest, mostly useless shit, only available on chest/helms as far as I know. 2nd icon means it goes in the dresser, you'll see lit up on almost everything(besides all belts since obv they don't have appearances). 3rd one means they go into the armoire and you'll see that on event stuff mostly as I explained.

littleiconsFF.jpg

Last edited:

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nola Nola RE: glamour items -- top right of each equippable item shows these three as dark or brightened.

From 4.3 patch notes:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some of the teasers on instagram, new crafter sets. Feels good to go back to some more "traditional" fantasy stuff and those look simple but neat.
a5cburith6x21.jpg

8y3luzs3i6x21.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm so not going to be ready for the expansion. :)

Stopping for 4/5 months because I was stuck on that stupid quest was such a terrible idea. I was doing so well leveling crafting and gathering at the time.

Gatherers are all 62 now, my gathering Retainers(1 of each are 61) so not far behind. I think I should make 70 on all gatherers and the retainers too in time for the expansion.

Crafters are way behind though.

Carpenter is 67 doing Namazu quests.
Culinarian is 57 doing Moogles quests.
Weaver is 47 doing Ixtal quests.

Those 3 should be 70 for the expansion.

The rest are in mid 30's or so, doing FC dailies when I can. Never going to make it. :)

I do have 100 leves to use on them at some point though.

I don't have the time either to do much more than the beast tribes dailies, except on weekends.

Add to that the custom deliveries which are great xp too, but those are weeklies.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Getting some key crafters to 50ish for cross class skills should be your priority, so you can use whatever is 70 to make money at launch. You can make stupid amounts of money crafting really simple stuff when a new expansion launches. Like generally just converting logs to lumber, ores to ingots and so on will often generate 50-100% money, and retainers could often get 5-10k per venture last expansion(with inflation and shit it might even be more this one).

Since you have CUL to 54 and WVR/CRP done already, what you really want is BSM for Piece by Piece, ARM for Ingenuity II(or the opposite I never remember which is which but you want both, although arguably Ingenuity II won't be that useful on new expansion crafts until they add the raiding tier stuff), ALC for Comfort Zone and then MAYBE GSM. But just these 3 and you're basically fine for endgame crafting, Innovation from GSM is ok but rarely makes or break crafts.

Without much time it might be tough though, but consider dumping these leves on these classes if you have money(not sure what server you're on but I could give you some money if you're on Chaos DC).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the tips, I'll concentrate on ASM, ARM and ALC next.

I should be ok money wise I'm not rich(4M Gil only) but I have tons of materials, 8 Retainers(I'm a hoarder) almost full to be precise. When gathering, I tend to gather like 99 of everything before moving on. So I have like 99 of almost everything from level 1 to 60(not including unspoiled stuff obviously).

Time is really the issue right now. I'm having an absolute blast in any case which is what matters the most at the end of the day. :)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Man, one of these days I'll get into the crafting side of things. Right now, just leveling all DoM/W jobs to 70, and then working out gear for them all has been a good fun grind.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Yeah the xpac will offer plenty of money making opportunities, you simply need to be prepped for it. Get the classes to 70 and retainers as well, stockpile ventures and cheap crystals where you can find them. The leveling part is the the investment and then filling out from there.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just running ventures makes a lot of money at launch shit's pretty crazy, especially if you play a lot(or at least can refresh ventures often). Gathering is also really good at that point still, just gathering normal mats is surprisingly good money because you can get a ton, NQs sell super fast to crafter leveling(as long as you get stuff that goes into leves, obviously) and since most gatherers level with collectibles/leves, they don't actually get mats to sell. Fishing was also a big money maker in 4.0, at least for a good while. But then again in 4.0 you could also make money running the leveling roulette or hunts, from all the materia selling. I don't expect it'll be this good again however, they added a ton of ways to get materias and assuming they updated them right away, I don't think we'll go back to making 100k+ per leveling roulette anymore.

My expansion preparations are pretty much done, only things I have left is to keep capping genesis for a few more weeks to finish buying the full scaevan set for Dancer, which really isn't necessary with it going to poetics but might as well I figure, and I want to fish a few more things for GC turn ins.

The crafting side is done, I took 16 of the current lvl58 leves and crafted all the items for them to turn in as soon as the game goes up, then crafted enough for 6 more leves in case the new leve NPC isn't unlocked right away and I need to burn some leves before refresh(kinda like how the leves in Stormblood were in Kugane, but we got stuck on Raubahn so couldn't get there for a while). Also crafted one of each GC turn in, I figure I'll just sell the ones I don't need. Readied a solid amount of SB materials for any additional crafts too and I'll dump it all after once we get the new mats. Got 9999 of all crystals on a retainer and 9k+ on me, 2k+ clusters, still 5k+ shards from SB launch since these don't really get used anymore. Bunch of materias, but not that many compared to other people, just some to get started. Gathering just made sure to have 50-90 HQ of all the GC turn ins, these will sell well anyway later on so it's a good investment.

Combat stuff I got 30 normal 68-69 sidequests to turn in(I ended up never doing them at SB launch and figured I'd just keep them for next expansion, the time is now), 99 shoushka or whatever that stupid food is, lvl 60 tank and archer Shire augmented set with the mats to make the 2 weapons, lvl 67 dungeon archer set(other than weapon but with the guaranteed drop that means it'd drop 100% of the time on first run), leveled my HoH armor/weapon thing too in case I want to solo or whatever and just so I can clear a bit faster, bunch of chocobo food+buff food, bunch of V and VI combat materias in advance with everything already melded.

Not much left to do basically, just need the expansion to come now. For now I restarted my other account with the free login campaign, this time I made sure to friend my other account in case I want to use a callback campaign and I started doing Heavensward again since it was free and it's been so long. Although I had to first do the FFXV event shit, figure I might as well get the car while it's available. Just need to get some MGP before the event ends but should be np.