Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

khorum

Murder Apologist
The little things I don't know about this game are humorous to me. It's what, 9 years old (technically)? There's a lot of basic stuff I just do not know at all until it comes up.

LOL there's a whole fucking UNIVERSE of trade skills I haven't even bothered with. I was broke and figured I'd go into mining to make a buck and figured, "it can't be much different than mining in wow! you find a rock, you hit it with a pick, you profit!"

Nope.

Not only do you need a whole other set of gear (which has rare qualities and bonuses etc) there's a whole game just for fucking mining:

After a few levels of that I said fuck it and just smashed the MSQ to farm rare drops in Eureka.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Fishing is like its own game entirely. The past two days I've been grinding FSH from 35 and I don't even feel like I'm playing an MMORPG.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Seriously join the waifu pillow discord it's been popping off

It's the only way I don't get bored during the day

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I must not have played with high dps SMN I guess, because on my BRD I pretty much beat every one I've seen on dps for hunts/Titania Ex/etc.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Screenshot_20190712-155707_Chrome.jpg

Summoner does slightly more damage than bard but not enough to justify the support bards bring.

All in all I think casters are in a tough spot. Black mage is top DPS but no one wants them around for progression and red mages have the opposite problem.

Dancer dps is super low and a lot of people are expecting a personal dps buff when Savage bits but they bring the most to the table and is an all around better fit than ninjas.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 214956

Summoner does slightly more damage than bard but not enough to justify the support bards bring.

All in all I think casters are in a tough spot. Black mage is top DPS but no one wants them around for progression and red mages have the opposite problem.

Dancer dps is super low and a lot of people are expecting a personal dps buff when Savage bits but they bring the most to the table and is an all around better fit than ninjas.
I never thought I would see the day when someone would choose being a Dancer over a Ninja. I mean.... really. NINJA... who wouldn't want to be a NINJA?! lol sigh

khorum

Murder Apologist
View attachment 214956

Looks like DNC is oversampled with a bunch of scrubs tho. I bet if you only sampled the top 20k parses of each job DNC would pull ahead quite a bit. Ppl getting parsed as BLM today have been using that rotation for years whereas those 43k DNCs doubtless has a ton of scrubs.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'd honestly be a NIN if not for that mudra system, it just doesn't click with me like it does for other people. I know all the combinations by heart it's just the awkwardness of using them mid combat.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Looks like DNC is oversampled with a bunch of scrubs tho. I bet if you only sampled the top 20k parses of each job DNC would pull ahead quite a bit. Ppl getting parsed as BLM today have been using that rotation for years whereas those 43k DNCs doubtless has a ton of scrubs.

You're probably right. Will see when Savage hits

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yeah at higher level play, NIN and DNC are very close together. It's part of the reason why I'm maining DRK now.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone struggling with Thotiana or Innocence here are their rotation and timeline.

c2d412d.png

17b3c2c.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
Finished the MSQ last night and goddamn i haven't played a story like that in a long, long time, especially not in an MMO. I only hope they can keep it up through the subsequent patches, but I have faith. I'm big into stories, lore and characters so this hit all the right notes for me; i really think it could stand up against any of the other individual FF games, especially if you factor in all the build up to it. Probably helped that I just picked up the game back in December so a lot of the callbacks and references we're still very fresh in my mind.

Lots of great/memorable moments but one of the best was
How do we reach the floating mountain where the bad guy is? Do we go for the airship trick or maybe some sort of risky teleportation magic? No, we create THE BIGGEST GOLEM EVER SEEN TO REACH UP AND DRAG HIS FAT ASS BACK DOWN TO US BECAUSE FUCK YOU THATS WHY! It was just so delightfully over the top and yet so very Final Fantasy that I was just grinning the whole time watching it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Not much of a lore person but kept up with most of the MSQ. I must of escaped through one of the quests so
how did Milfilla become Ryne?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Not much of a lore person but kept up with most of the MSQ. I must of escaped through one of the quests so
how did Milfilla become Ryne?
Minfillia is a title not a name, well it was a name from the first one then each girl who was born was those powers was taken as a baby and named minfilia, When they decided to be her own person she named herself Ryne

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users