Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Can I get Hall of the Novice dps completion rewards for both casters and melee? Or only whatever I do first? I did it on Gladiator and finished it and did it on Pugilist and finished it, but trying to do it on Thaum says it's all completed, so I can't get any caster gear from redoing it on Thaum, right?

Goonsquad Officer
Last dumb question for the day, maybe! What's the best way to work out rotations, is there a dummy somewhere?
Some guildhouses will have practice dummies. Hmm i feel like some other places have them. Booja? Hmm

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh for sure, there are quite a few ways to fund venture tokens. Hunt trains take a bit of outside game knowledge/tools- but it's definitely an option.

As long as you're in a good/active hunt linkshell in game, you don't even really need to be a part of any discord channels or whatever. Just need active relinkers of spawns.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Some guildhouses will have practice dummies. Hmm i feel like some other places have them. Booja? Hmm
There's a bunch, I found this list on Reddit. Made a dancer, and picked up my archer. And I'm going level the samurai if I can get the rotation down. Same for the dancer. A lot of buttons and no idea, but I see lots of how-to's.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So I made it to 50 now, better to just push through more of the main story and get to 80 first, or should I go run around unlocking everything else?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Can I get Hall of the Novice dps completion rewards for both casters and melee? Or only whatever I do first? I did it on Gladiator and finished it and did it on Pugilist and finished it, but trying to do it on Thaum says it's all completed, so I can't get any caster gear from redoing it on Thaum, right?
You can requeue for the ones you already finished. That said, the Hall of the Novice quests only give out three sets of gear: Tank (this includes floor tanks), Physical (Melee + Ranged) and Caster (DPS + Healer).

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
So I made it to 50 now, better to just push through more of the main story and get to 80 first, or should I go run around unlocking everything else?

for your first job(s), I cant think of anything you NEED to unlock, but doing an 8- or 24-man raid can break things up a bit. You should probably unlock some of the between expansions dungeons (I recommend the 4 lords line between SB and ShB)

bolok

Trakanon Raider
for your first job(s), I cant think of anything you NEED to unlock, but doing an 8- or 24-man raid can break things up a bit. You should probably unlock some of the between expansions dungeons (I recommend the 4 lords line between SB and ShB)
I’d spend some time unlocking the hard dungeons at least, and crystal tower. More options to queue into never hurts.

Juvarisx

Florida
Making my way through Stormblood now, I am only in the Ruby Sea but Heavensward felt better, and I think its because the Stormblood story is so all over the place locale wise up till now. I really liked the exploration of Dravania but this just feels like a lot of busy running around with a slow ass mount and no flying between islands etc. Hopefully there are cool areas like coming across Zenith the first time and seeing these massive ancient ruins, these fishing huts just are not doing it for me after that LOL.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Making my way through Stormblood now, I am only in the Ruby Sea but Heavensward felt better, and I think its because the Stormblood story is so all over the place locale wise up till now. I really liked the exploration of Dravania but this just feels like a lot of busy running around with a slow ass mount and no flying between islands etc. Hopefully there are cool areas like coming across Zenith the first time and seeing these massive ancient ruins, these fishing huts just are not doing it for me after that LOL.
Totally agree, Heavensward is outstanding.

Ruby Sea was very jarring for me too after Heavensward. The next two far east zones are much better, there's a Mongolian Steppe area I really enjoyed and Doma is probably the awesome visual you are looking for.

I feel like Shadowbringers doesn't have the most interesting zones like Heavensward had but the dungeon/raid/music design is outstanding, fucking outstanding. Just wait until Eden, best raid I've ever done and I did WoW Vanilla/TBC hardcore.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A couple of the zones in Heavensward are neat to look at, but I thought they were absolute aids to travel in w/o flying. Just about every zone in Shadowbringers was traversable and had something interesting to look at, even if it was just the vista. The Whale island is probably my favorite due to w/e childhood story that reminded me of.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There any particular reason to join a free company, like one of these random shitter ones that are always shouting in town?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So does Materia extraction remove the stats from an item? How do I know what stat it removes? I have my starting jewelry at 100% spiritbond now and will be able to upgrade it soon, so i should materia extract that right? Edit: Extracted materia from an earring, got +2 spell speed materia, but the earring didn't have those stats. So it's just random?

So you should extract materia as soon as something hits 100% bond to minmax right? And should you sometimes keep wearing something if it's close to 100%, so you can extract?

Malkav

French Madman
So does Materia extraction remove the stats from an item? How do I know what stat it removes? I have my starting jewelry at 100% spiritbond now and will be able to upgrade it soon, so i should materia extract that right? Edit: Extracted materia from an earring, got +2 spell speed materia, but the earring didn't have those stats. So it's just random?

So you should extract materia as soon as something hits 100% bond to minmax right? And should you sometimes keep wearing something if it's close to 100%, so you can extract?

Honestly, don't bother, low tier materia are useless.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Unlocked samurai, equipped the sword, didn't even have enough hotbars configured to hold all their buttons.

Deleted my samurai sword.

Chris

Potato del Grande

It's just how you make materia, doesn't reduce the stats afaik.

Malkav

French Madman
Unlocked samurai, equipped the sword, didn't even have enough hotbars configured to hold all their buttons.

I have bad news for you in the future if a lvl50 SAM has too much buttons for you.

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Controller is great for this.

L2 -> 8 Hotkeys with dpad and Triangle/Square/Cross/Circle
R2 -> another 8 Hotkeys

L2+R2 -> 8 Hotkeys
R2+L2 -> 8 Hotkeys

There's other ways to set it up too but this holds all my buttons for White Mage and Gunbreaker.

Then I macro a few things together although be careful because macros apparently have a GCD waiting time single abilities don't.

My best one is just all my Gunbreaker Tanking Cooldowns on one button because I usually have a bit of time to activate them while the boss casts and I usually only need 1 or 2.

DPS I don't macro to avoid losing GCDs.