Fire Emblem Fates

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Comes out for 3DS on Feb. 19. Preloading is available on the Nintendo eShop.

Note: If you buy one cartridge, you can buy the other two paths at 20$ each as DLC (~800 memory blocks each), and you won't share save games across different cartridges.

Launch Trailer:

Detailed Info:Serenes Forest

Nintendo ID's:
Budos: 3926-8168-5256

Castle ID's:
Budos: 01441-23690 | 87043-84766

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Comes out for 3DS on Feb. 19.

Anyone else planning on getting this?
Dicks split the game into 2 (on release and another coming via DLC). Looks like Birthright is the one to get if you want a game like Awakening, and Conquest is the one to get if you want a more oldschool FE type of game. I'll be picking up Birthright, not sure if I want to shell out for Conquest yet.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I'm gonna get all three versions, but I'm not sure I'll be picking it up on release, and I'm not sure if I want the physical cartridge to say Birthright or Conquest on it. (It's my understanding that you can get all three storylines on one cartridge.)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I wanted to get the special edition but apparently they all got swept up immediately. So... yay?

I don't get the point of making such low production runs. It should be "if you don't buy it within the first month you won't be able to find one" or something, not this 'hurr durr speculative trading on ebay' bullshit.

Budos

Dicks split the game into 2 (on release and another coming via DLC). Looks like Birthright is the one to get if you want a game like Awakening, and Conquest is the one to get if you want a more oldschool FE type of game. I'll be picking up Birthright, not sure if I want to shell out for Conquest yet.
I was able to snag a special edition from Walmart, it won't get here until the 25th though. Each route is supposed to be the size of Awakening thankfully. The stuff with My Castle looks pretty sweet, you can buy skills from other players and fight them for a discount on them.

I'm gonna get all three versions, but I'm not sure I'll be picking it up on release, and I'm not sure if I want the physical cartridge to say Birthright or Conquest on it. (It's my understanding that you can get all three storylines on one cartridge.)
If you get the special edition you get all 3 routes on 1 game, but who knows if more will come out anytime soon. You could always get them from the eShop, preloading is available now.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Yea, I mean I have loved most of the fire emblem games, and really enjoyed awakening. Enough that I wanted the special edition, but honestly, the major reason to get the SE was because it was one cartridge as opposed to 2 + one download.

I hate the super limited runs too; I'm usually right on top of them, but this one I missed. (Managed to get bravely second though, thank god.) But even then, I always feel super terrible about the low quantities. I had a friend who tried to grab it when gamestop had it briefly back in stock, and the site crapped out and while he was on the phone with CS fixing it, it sold out again. Errrrr...

I would be less or maybe not at all annoyed if the major benefit of the SE wasn't the single cartridge.

That should have been more of a package deal, and less an SE deal.

Budos

Yea, I mean I have loved most of the fire emblem games, and really enjoyed awakening. Enough that I wanted the special edition, but honestly, the major reason to get the SE was because it was one cartridge as opposed to 2 + one download.

I hate the super limited runs too; I'm usually right on top of them, but this one I missed. (Managed to get bravely second though, thank god.) But even then, I always feel super terrible about the low quantities. I had a friend who tried to grab it when gamestop had it briefly back in stock, and the site crapped out and while he was on the phone with CS fixing it, it sold out again. Errrrr...

I would be less or maybe not at all annoyed if the major benefit of the SE wasn't the single cartridge.

That should have been more of a package deal, and less an SE deal.
Don't buy 2 cartridges if you can help it, you can download the other route for 20$. I 100% agree about the SE being so limited, I don't know anyone who who would havenotbought the SE just to have the 1 cartridge if anything, even at 80$.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Don't buy 2 cartridges if you can help it, you can download the other route for 20$. I 100% agree about the SE being so limited, I don't know anyone who who would havenotbought the SE just to have the 1 cartridge if anything, even at 80$.
Urg, I super like my cases, because they go on display shelves. =(

Budos

Videos from Streams:

GameSpot, all post Chapter 6 & later:Link
Visiting other castles & castle fights:Link
2+ Hours from the beginning:Link

Budos

Definitely play Birthright first then, Conquest has no grinding (except the xp DLC map, which doesn't come out until the 25th) and harder objectives (chapter objective break downs here - no spoilers). They did add a new setting along with Classic and Casual called Pheonix, where downed units will get up the next turn, so that's always an option.

Also, My Castles have codes attached to them, so we can share My Castles eventually and buy skills from each other later, or harvest crafting mats. One thing to note is that if you have a My Castle and unequip your weapons, the other person can get a free victory (your units won't attack) and winning allows you to buy a skill for half price, and you can also build supports through the castle battles. I was going to do a fast run of Birthright just to unlock stuff for My Castle before I restart on Lunatic.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I just hope the DLC is as expansive (and as often free) as what we got in awakening. I was late to the party on it - played it about a year ago - but I really loved the dozens and dozens and dozens of free maps that had all those recruitable charactes. Even if I rarely used them, they were a lot of fun to play. Couldn't believe so many were free.

Budos

Is this for real?

Anyone who plays on this difficulty deserves to be bullied mercilessly.
I agree, but it is there.

I just hope the DLC is as expansive (and as often free) as what we got in awakening. I was late to the party on it - played it about a year ago - but I really loved the dozens and dozens and dozens of free maps that had all those recruitable charactes. Even if I rarely used them, they were a lot of fun to play. Couldn't believe so many were free.
I haven't heard anything about the free SpotPass stuff in this game, but there isis this for real?<br%20/><br%20/>Anyone%20who%20plays%20on%20this%20difficulty%20deserves%20to%20be%20bullied%20mercilessly.[/QUOTE]]DLC, which if you buy the Map Pack 1, you save about 7$ total vs. buying them all individually. I think GameStop had a deal if you a game, the other game's digital code and the map pack, but I can't find it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, in the end I'm just not buying it at all because of this idiocy. If they want to make a limited edition with extras, fine, but there should still be a standard version that is all 3 parts of the game on one cartridge. You're paying $80 no matter how you do it, so having to deal with this shit that only benefits faggots who snatch up all the preorders to flip on Ebay for $250 is retarded.

Budos

Yeah, in the end I'm just not buying it at all because of this idiocy. If they want to make a limited edition with extras, fine, but there should still be a standard version that is all 3 parts of the game on one cartridge. You're paying $80 no matter how you do it, so having to deal with this shit that only benefits faggots who snatch up all the preorders to flip on Ebay for $250 is retarded.
The only thing you lose out on in the SE is a pouch, an art book, having Revelations early (the third path) and you lose SD card space from having to download the other paths. I've heard speculation that more SE's could be coming after the fact, the argument being that Xenoblade's SE was impossible to get at first and now they're easy to find. Hopefully they make more.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just want the whole game on a single cartridge, not the crazy "buy one part physical and the rest as DLCs" nonsense. I'd just buy the whole thing digital before I'd bother with that. If they release more SEs later on, or if someone in NoA finds some common sense and releases the full game on a single non-SE cartridge, I'll pick it up then.

To be fair, I just started playing Awakening this week and I'm not exactly blown away, so I can wait for Fates as long as it takes. I've always enjoyed FE games as a sort of SRPG-lite, but Awakening is bogged down with a lot of stuff I just don't care about. It doesn't help that looking online for tips immediately sends you off the deep end into the weird weeaboo side of JRPGs, I guess because the 'waifu' stuff attracts that crowd more than just about any other game out there.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
This translation lmao

rrr_img_126251.jpg

rrr_img_126252.jpg