Firefall

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Oh no, they won't come out of the woodworks to shill their game to us, whatever are we going to do? Rid yourself of this laughable notion that any kind of dev comes to this, or any other forum, to discuss what he should/shouldn't do in his game.

And Firefall is just bad, the game has absolutely no direction and is slowly stagnating towards a painful death. The only thing keeping it alive by now are the people who pay money to play a game that's in a weird middle ground somewhere between alpha, beta and 25 scraped concepts.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly I don't care if you like or dislike a game but can we at least keep discussion decent? I actually enjoyed the days where devs were somewhat active on the forums.

4chan one liners won't make this happen again.
I don't recall ever reading anything relevant from him lol. Don't let him rustle you.. every board needs it's rejects

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Just got an email for open beta this weekend. Downloading now, check your emails.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Played for a bit last night. Not too bad - feels very similar to Borderlands. Played as the medic type (can't remember the name offhand) with a buddy for a few hours, had a good time bombing around doing the events. Will definitly be playing this as a f2p game, but wouldn't pay a sub fee for it. Worth checking out anyway.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Anyone have an invite?

Good lookin' out. Got one from reddit and one from a spreadsheet on the official forums so I'm peachy now.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Try the following:

1. NYGOX-8DUIU-PIIEF-ED67Y
2. 5F8XT-YIQ8R-DPARK-3JUKA
3. F7THD-JJS2G-QFB5A-JZUFW
4. 5I22P-ZC9R2-9YHHC-Z04MJ
5. 799MP-LEVVR-DQXHF-678OX

Edit: I have 4 more invites. If the keys above don't work PM me. Don't need your email after all.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think they game should have had more focus on open world PvP.
I think one of the things that turned me off the last time I played is that they really haven't seemed to figure out what sort of game they want it to be. When beta first started out, there was a complete focus on the PvP/esports side of the game, but more recently they've been focusing on fleshing out a PvE world. At the point I played last (a couple months ago), neither really seemed up to snuff nor anywhere near an actual release.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Well I'm really intrigued by this game but its definitely very beta -- couldn't progress the tutorial missions past the 3rd... and had massive difficulties with the 2nd. Game is supposed to gift you 1k to buy a new battleframe but it was acting really fishy. Can't get it to recognize that I built and unloaded health packs at all.

Not sure what to do to "progress" if I'm stuck right here.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
Okay, I sprung for the founders thing and now that I've played it a bit more, I can say that I really am starting to like it. I really like thumping parties...it is about as intense an experience resource gathering as I've ever had. Basically, the entire game reminds me of a Tribes MMO. I finally got to tier 2, and I hear they are changing the progression system. Oh well. I'll probably play this game off and on for the next few years...shotgun recon ftw!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I got a key and checked this out last night. From the surface, and I only played a few hours last night, it seems pretty fun. The gun play and controls are pretty tight, graphics are OK, world has a unique feel to it. The thumping was fun and I ran around doing some of the events which were cool as well. This game might be good if they put more content in. Did not try the PvP yet as I wanted to get the hang of shit first, but I heard mention that the PvP will be balanced by separating the PvP progress fro the PVE so well see how that works out. One thing that I wish this game had is a better and more thorough tutorial. Man I wish that Anarchy Online had this type of gameplay back in the day.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I got a key and checked this out last night. From the surface, and I only played a few hours last night, it seems pretty fun. The gun play and controls are pretty tight, graphics are OK, world has a unique feel to it. The thumping was fun and I ran around doing some of the events which were cool as well. This game might be good if they put more content in. Did not try the PvP yet as I wanted to get the hang of shit first, but I heard mention that the PvP will be balanced by separating the PvP progress fro the PVE so well see how that works out. One thing that I wish this game had is a better and more thorough tutorial. Man I wish that Anarchy Online had this type of gameplay back in the day.
This is pretty much my experience with this game too. There were also a couple of nasty bugs with their itemserver/database but they have been mostly resolved now. The combat is really fun, but after a few days of thumping and doing tornado's with a bunch of peeps(their take on public quests) I lost interest for now. I do love how you move around with the rockestshoes (or jetpack) and with the gliders though. That did not get old. But this game needs a cool story arc for your character and it was the first MMO where I was actually missing the structure and push that Quest hubs with lots of Quests have. Mmm, could be that I have finally been assimilated by the Borg collective.

Anyway, would have been nicer if you had somewhat of a reason to kill a million bugs.