Firefox help

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Firefox just updated to update 29 and it sucks ass. Majorly.

I downgraded to 28 and am assuming all risk of having a non secure browser. Is there any way to turn off the annoying pop up every time I launch it to update? I'll never update to 29 and realy don't want the hassle of changing to another browser right now. I'll migrate later. I went under advanced and click NEVER check for updates but I still get a pop up that keeps 28 from launching ul I click OK.

The pure comedy gold part is if you call Mozzilla it recommends using Internet Explorer to get to their support site as all Mozzilla browsers may not be fully supported there.

Never mind
apparently in 29 it's been hardcoded to always check to update regardless of wether you have the box checked to never check for an update or not.

I guess chrome here come.

Borzak

Thanks I'll look into it. Actually found the problem was one of my add-ons wanting to update all the time. Once I disabled that add-on it went away. Just didn't want to sit down and migrate to something else today so I'll look into that theme.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Holy fuck balls, just upgraded to 29. I blame Microsoft for the rash of "lets fuck with the UI" going around these days. Least they could do is give you a classic setting or something.

Thanks for the addon link Mix.

Borzak

Pretty much what I thought. Why spend immense time and resources like MS did with the start button branding it only to dump it completely and not make it an option. I'm not saying you can't make improvements but they basically just dumped everything that came before it.

For right now I downgraded to 28 and found out it was an add-on that kept wanting to update so it's at least functional now.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Dunno what yall salty about, browser looks and runs better than ever. Wont make me switch from Chrome but it's nice.

Borzak

And I imagine those who already had chrome aren't switching and those who don't like the new layout and the way it was handled will just change to chrome. Mission accomplished.