Firestarter (2022)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Firestarter (2022)

Tagline: Never play with fire.

Genre: Thriller, Fantasy, Horror

Director: Keith Thomas

Cast: Ryan Kiera Armstrong, Zac Efron, Sydney Lemmon, Kurtwood Smith, Michael Greyeyes, Gloria Reuben

Release: 2022-05-12

Runtime: 94

Plot: A girl with extraordinary pyrokinetic powers fights to protect her family and herself from sinister forces that seek to capture and control her.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is what, the 3rd or 4th adaptation of Firestarter?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The recent Pet Sematary remake was godawful.
imagine all the lazy CGI fire they would use in this remake. in the original they had practical effects fireballs that even back then looked cheesey, but it gives me pleasure watching them wireguided suckers wtfpwn bad guys.
iu

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thats probably the best 5 minutes of movie cinema I have ever seen.

My girlfriend wants to watch the new one. I should put a fast one and put on this one when shes not looking.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The original has a few gruesome bits and is pretty dark overall. It's rare to come across a contemporary film that can be both cheap and hokey yet also serious. Digital cameras and CGI don't do shit for adding weight to a movie. You really need film stock and at least a combination of practical and computer effects.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The original has a few gruesome bits and is pretty dark overall. It's rare to come across a contemporary film that can be both cheap and hokey yet also serious. Digital cameras and CGI don't do shit for adding weight to a movie. You really need film stock and at least a combination of practical and computer effects.
i know you read the book, so you know The Shop agents pulled out her mom's fingernails and tortued her to death because they had lost track of Charlie when she slept over at a friend's house. the thing is thats in the movie, but i dont believe its ever explained what happened to her mom. you just see her husband finding her all fucked up and then he goes apeshit searching for Charlie.
Andy gives absolutely no fucks what he does to people who get in his way.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
i know you read the book, so you know The Shop agents pulled out her mom's fingernails and tortued her to death because they had lost track of Charlie when she slept over at a friend's house. the thing is thats in the movie, but i dont believe its ever explained what happened to her mom. you just see her husband finding her all fucked up and then he goes apeshit searching for Charlie.
Andy gives absolutely no fucks what he does to people who get in his way.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database