Flash/Browser Games Thread

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
No matter how how far you make it, you still feel hollow
frown.png

This game has serious potential down the line. There are threads 24/7 about it on 4chan. I'm burnt out for now. Will definitely be back to check on major updates.

Scratch that....he added more upgrades tonight. Fucking asshole. Better get to clicking.
I'm not sure what else I can do... I have 3 trillion cookies but i'm only at 309 mil cps. Time machines are 2 trillion now. The time machine is really the only one worth buying.. right? I still haven't seen a golden cookie or a red cookie.

MartyrDumb_sl

shitlord
watch for the golden ones, when you get more, then you can upgrade for them to appear twice as often. Up to 4x as much. Achievements, time machines, cursors and grandmas. I expect the rest to be buffed sooner or later.

MartyrDumb_sl

shitlord
Also bank your cookies. The lucky bonus on golden or wrath cookies goes up with your bank to a certain point. That helps things immensely. Plus with a new upgrade it's possible to get a lucky cookie while going through a frenzy. That's 7x the glorious, glorious cookies.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Also bank your cookies. The lucky bonus on golden or wrath cookies goes up with your bank to a certain point. That helps things immensely. Plus with a new upgrade it's possible to get a lucky cookie while going through a frenzy. That's 7x the glorious, glorious cookies.
How do you bank them?

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
I got all the achievements yesterday while at work, 1.066B/s normal CPS. It's all Golden Cookie clicks now. 13T cookies per frenzied lucky, while the 1B/s is basically peanuts. I have to have more than 550T cookies to be able to spend or I go below the 10%/30 minute click. So I'm leaving it for now until new versions are out, at which point I'll probably reset my data (sans achievements).

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
If you guys want a shallow time waster, check out my (and my partner's) latest game web game,Tornado Time. You destroy a small town with tornadoes, trying to accumulate as many points as possible while doing it. Cars, houses, cows and churches are all sitting there, waiting to be launched.

As I said, it's shallow, only one level, but hoping some people might like it. Just a heads up, a tornado siren plays at the start. It's not exceptionally loud, but be prepared if you're in a socially sensitive area (there's a mute button in the game).

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
If you guys want a shallow time waster, check out my (and my partner's) latest game web game,Tornado Time. You destroy a small town with tornadoes, trying to accumulate as many points as possible while doing it. Cars, houses, cows and churches are all sitting there, waiting to be launched.

As I said, it's shallow, only one level, but hoping some people might like it. Just a heads up, a tornado siren plays at the start. It's not exceptionally loud, but be prepared if you're in a socially sensitive area (there's a mute button in the game).
Really cool game. I can't wait to see what future versions bring. I would imagine you're going to make it a mobile app too right?

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Just some brain storming that I tried to put in a reasonably organized format~~

I really like the concept and I see a lot of potential for a really good game that could be great ported to a mobile app. I would think it needs a bit more gameplay thought. Maybe I'm missing something, but it feels like you just drop tornadoes, give them a general direction to start heading in and then everything after that is random. Would be nice to be able to do like direction, velocity, curvature of the path.

Then for the game itself I guess there are 2 directions to take it that could take. One would be a mission based system where a player earns a certain amount of points to progress to the next level, each progressive level getting more difficult, players get more powerful and maybe throw in different objectives (like I dont know, "put out all of the fires without killing more than 10 kitty cats").

The other idea would be more of an open world experience, where you have a level as large as you can reasonably make it and every single play it is randomly generated (within certain limits). Player starts off with limited number of tornadoes and gains experience with each play. And then the experience can buy currency to buy upgrades for the tornadoes like more tornadoes, stronger tornadoes, faster tornadoes, bigger tornadoes, easier to control tornadoes, longer lasting tornadoes, or bonus effects on tornadoes. Also would be able to buy upgrades to the level, like new buildings, animals, people, landscape that are guaranteed to spawn once purchased and give a bonus. Basically an endless grind of destroying stuff so you can get +gooderer and destroy more, bigger stuff.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
Porkchop & Simsiimslabim, thanks for playing it and posting feedback!

We are going to be revisiting it soon. Our immediate thoughts are to investigate making a mobile version (with some sort of web version as well) with additional scenarios/maps. A random map generator, or a map editor with shareable data is not out of the question either. We want to keep the gameplay simple as we feel it keeps the game more approachable to broad audiences (anecdote: My 62 year old father who hates video games loves this one because it's easy to start & play), it does however need some depth. Finger swiping from mobile/touch would be great for path creation, with some rules applied (can't take sharp corners, larger objects increase chance of deflection, etc). Perhaps tornadoes interacting (collision or merging) would be cool.

At the same time, the randomness of the tornadoes is intended to reflect the chaotic and unpredictability of the these things in nature, and it can also make things a bit more exciting in a gamble sort-of-way (akin to playing the slots). But that might not make for the best gameplay here (the biggest volume of criticism has been the lack of determinism), so we'll see how it goes.

If we do go for the mobile approach, we're thinking free with X (2?) maps/scenarios. Then $1 to unlock additional map/scenario. Some of the ideas we've brainstormed so far are:

-Nuclear power plant (including things like destroying cooling towers first, then hitting the reactor house to trigger a melt down for some bonus/multiplier stuff)
-Aquarium (sharknadoes?)
-Robotics assembly compound (Perhaps able to "assemble" a giant robot to trigger a rampage?)
-Army base
-Downtown (A sale at penny's?)
-Tropical/desert island (Draining the pool reveals skinny dippers (pg rating))
-Oil refinery
-Food factory compound (Pies in the sky?)
-Fancy outdoor wedding

For some more fantastical/out there settings:

-Heaven
-Hell (Sisyphean tasks?)
-Gumdrop forest
-Smurf-like village
-Moon or martian base

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
At the same time, the randomness of the tornadoes is intended to reflect the chaotic and unpredictability of the these things in nature, and it can also make things a bit more exciting in a gamble sort-of-way (akin to playing the slots). But that might not make for the best gameplay here (the biggest volume of criticism has been the lack of determinism), so we'll see how it goes.
Yeah, I mean you definitely want some amount of randomness to the tornadoes. I just think this is the type of game where it would be really cool if there is player progression/growth and I'm not so sure just unlocking new levels/environments is enough to do that for people. The idea of having minimal control of weak tornadoes at first, and being able to earn more control and stronger tornadoes as you play seems really appealing to me.

As far as what you said about new maps/scenarios I like a lot of the ideas you listed there. It would be especially cool if you're able to make it so each new map isn't just a recolor/reskin of a base map, but rather each one has its own quirks, its own special effects.