Flash Gordon... reboot? :/

Terial

Trakanon Raider
J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay are currently working on the script for STAR TREK 3 with Robert Orci, but are they also penning the script for another sci-fi project? According to Film Divider, the duo are developing a screenplay for a FLASH GORDON reboot, with Jon Davis producing.

The site is also reporting Payne and McKay's take on Flash Gordon will be more like the original Alex Raymond comic, and less like other projects featuring the character. Their FLASH GORDON will apparently not be as campy, and will "reclaim Flash Gordon from his current reputation in the way that Tim Burton redirected the public conception of Batman."

Film Divider goes on to say, "Don?t expect Payne and McKay to take their Flash Gordon to inappropriate, Christopher Nolan-like extremes, but instead hit a tone closer to the rebooted Star Trek; I guess that?s their wheelhouse. This new incarnation would be full of adventure and razor?s edge escapades, balanced by plenty of character work but no real anguish, ponderous chin-stroking or middle-distance staring."

Although Flash Gordon started out as a comic strip, and has appeared in couple of television series (animated and live-action), most people know of the character because of the 1980 movie starring Sam J. Jones, Melody Anderson, Max von Sydow, Chaim Topol and Timothy Dalton. The film was also featured heavily in 2012's TED.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Why not?at this point, nothing matters anymore.next will blade runner or alien

iannis

Musty Nester
Non-campy flash gordon misses the entire point of flash gordon.

DIVE, HAWKMEN. DIVE.

Will not watch, don't care. 0/10 stars.

Caliane

Non-campy flash gordon misses the entire point of flash gordon.

DIVE, HAWKMEN. DIVE.

Will not watch, don't care. 0/10 stars.
yeah. Trying to distance themselves from Queen Flash. are these idiots out of their minds?

Did they not see John Carter?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well, at least they didn't make it a comedy.

I mean, on purpose.

I'd rather see The Further Adventures of Flash Gordon, created in exactly the same style as the original and reusing Queen tracks for the soundtrack.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ming's daughter is the first person I jerked it to.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I'd rather see The Further Adventures of Flash Gordon, created in exactly the same style as the original and reusing Queen tracks for the soundtrack.
This, 1000x hell yea! hell give to to AMC to do since Syfy does crap now a days

oh and.. mmmm mmmm goood...

rrr_img_64840.jpg

rrr_img_64841.jpg

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
You know if, and it's a bigIFthey do this right. It could be good.

Keep a highly camp and OTT cartoon feel it could be good, think about it. Yeah I know that it's most likely not going to happen, they're gonna fuck it up.

But I can dream.

Oh and a side note, the old Queen theme song: there's a big punch and crop machine where I work. It has dozens of different programs it runs, depending on the parts it's making. Anyway one of the programs is the pulsing THUNG-THUNG-THUNG-THUNG of the song. I can't resist I will sing the "FlashkapowAh-arh! Savior of the universe!" everytime.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The Queen soundtrack is epic in all things. The interlacing of the movie sound bites just enhances is awesomeness. Im not afraid or embarrassed to say I do own this soundtrack, and it is good. I could listen to Freddy Mercury sing a Cooking show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
hmm, i loved all the flash gordon serials as a boy. i didnt care for the movie which was nothing like the serials, and so i would not consider a flash gordon reboot as a sacrilege. you guys realize, flash gordon is one of the source materials for star warsyeah the queen song is epic, but its not what the movie was about. and you cant discuss flash gordon without this awesome video.

iannis

Musty Nester
Jesus christ astro, how old are you that you were watching black and white tv when you were a kid?

Astro is the fucking highlander and shit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Jesus christ astro, how old are you that you were watching black and white tv when you were a kid?

Astro is the fucking highlander and shit.
im 42. but i grew up when TV was fucking awesome and it showed all the old timey serials. it also helps having parents who also like the old timey stuff and guided me towards cool shit like Flash Gordon, Our Gang, Buck Rogers(the old serials and the 70s version)Buster Keaton, Abbot & Costello, Three Stooges, Laurel & Hardy, Keystone Kops , Looney Toons, Mickey Mouse+ Disney cartoons, Tom & Jerry and Popeye.