2pq4c8y.jpg

*work-in-progress

It will tally totals at the top
Wow, that is amazing

2pq4c8y.jpg

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The National Forest Landowner's Association is going to be publishing an article about my business in the coming months. They have about 5,000 members who own an average of 2,500 acres.

Things are starting to get rolling!

I also have a meeting on the 16th of May with the third largest timber company in the world. They invited us out to MS to present our timber tracking software. Pretty excited on both fronts.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I had another meeting today with the owner of one of the biggest land sales websites on the market. We're going to have lunch again soon, where his partner will attend as well, and discuss possible areas where we can loosely partner.

Pretty exciting stuff. I think they pull in anywhere from $40k - $50k per month on their main site.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I went with NextTraq, they'll be installed on the 14th of May. These are going to help us out a lot with efficiency.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Let me know how that works out for you. We currently use SilentPassenger, and it seems to work pretty damn effectively (fleet of 19 coach buses).

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Let me know how that works out for you. We currently use SilentPassenger, and it seems to work pretty damn effectively (fleet of 19 coach buses).
I hope it works. I just caught an employee "accidentally" saying he worked until 7pm, when I know he left before 6. I'm not doing timesheets when the GPS's are in trucks, since I'll be able to tell the minute they get in.

Why is it no one "accidentally" cheats themselves of time?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I hope it works. I just caught an employee "accidentally" saying he worked until 7pm, when I know he left before 6. I'm not doing timesheets when the GPS's are in trucks, since I'll be able to tell the minute they get in.

Why is it no one "accidentally" cheats themselves of time?
Just wait until you have a customer tell you they aren't paying because your driver left at 3pm (made up for anecdote), you check, and they worked until 6pm. We seriously have prestigious companies call us and lie their face off because they want to get a little off the top. Pretty shitty.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
These trackers are great! There's no more padding of hours, I can tell when they get in. I can re-route guys, based on high priority jobs. I can see if they've picked an efficient route (some times, they pick a route that loses them time, we've started more training on this). I hired a new guy, and I feel more comfortable leaving him alone now, since I can tell what he's doing from 40 miles away.

My only issue is that sometimes the trackers show the engine as idling when it isn't. I'll have to have a tech look at that.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just wait until you have a customer tell you they aren't paying because your driver left at 3pm (made up for anecdote), you check, and they worked until 6pm. We seriously have prestigious companies call us and lie their face off because they want to get a little off the top. Pretty shitty.
It happens to us once every six months, but those days are done. The logs are admissable as court evidence.