Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Flesh of the Gods

Genre: Thriller, Horror

Director: Panos Cosmatos

Cast: Kristen Stewart, Oscar Isaac

Plot: Married couple Raoul and Alex descend each evening from their luxury skyscraper condo to venture into the electric nighttime realm of 1980s Los Angeles. When they cross paths with a mysterious and enigmatic woman known only as Nameless, she and her hard-partying cabal initiate Raoul and Alex into a glamorous, surrealistic world of hedonism, thrills and violence.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Hell yeah, another Panos Cosmatos movie! I don't even need to see a trailer. At least that guy's doing some pretty original stuff. He's almost like the modern day Jodorowski.

If it's set in the '80s I'm assuming this will probably have a pretty fantastic synthy score, too.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Oscar Issac had me like
Listen Donald Trump GIF by GIPHY News

Then Kristen Stewart had me like

Kermit The Frog No GIF by Muppet Wiki

I really like all the stuff he's done, though, especially Mandy so I'm in.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Oscar Issac had me like
Listen Donald Trump GIF by GIPHY News

Then Kristen Stewart had me like

Kermit The Frog No GIF by Muppet Wiki

I really like all the stuff he's done, though, especially Mandy so I'm in.
I have a sneaking suspicion this might be one of the greatest movies ever made. It's pretty cool that he's able to get bigger name actors behind his projects, I would imagine they probably look at it like hey I've never done anything like this ever, so I'm in, and I won't charge you an arm and a leg.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I have a sneaking suspicion this might be one of the greatest movies ever made. It's pretty cool that he's able to get bigger name actors behind his projects, I would imagine they probably look at it like hey I've never done anything like this ever, so I'm in, and I won't charge you an arm and a leg.
Oscar Isaac strikea me as the type to do just that.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Oscar Isaac strikea me as the type to do just that.
He was in Annihilation, and despite pretty much bombing, was a pretty decent adaptation of the novel, Area X.

I could see him being enthusiastic about doing something like this. Especially if he's trying to recant for the Star Wars abominations.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
did you guys forget he was in that shit tier Moon Knight MCU show

he will apparently be playing Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid live action and Dr. Frankenstein in Guillermo Del Toro's Frankenstein so thats pretty awesome

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
He was in Annihilation, and despite pretty much bombing, was a pretty decent adaptation of the novel, Area X.

I could see him being enthusiastic about doing something like this. Especially if he's trying to recant for the Star Wars abominations.
Annihilation didn't get the love it deserved. Super good slow burn horror sci fi. I'm a huge sucker for the genre, and to me that movie was pretty damn good. I'm not surprised it bombed. If I recall, the trailers made it look like it'd be more stupid woke girl power nonsense.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Annihilation didn't get the love it deserved. Super good slow burn horror sci fi. I'm a huge sucker for the genre, and to me that movie was pretty damn good. I'm not surprised it bombed. If I recall, the trailers made it look like it'd be more stupid woke girl power nonsense.
I listened to all three of the books originally, and I need to go back and burn through them again. The first book has kind of odd pacing, I don't remember much about the second, but the third was actually really good. The guy's got his own unique writing style though, and he gets a little purple prose-ish at times.

I thought the movie was a very wonderful adaptation. But Alex Garland's a fantastic director. They obviously changed up quite a bit to make it a film format, but I wonder whether he had gotten like maybe a four or six part HBO produced mini series on a high level budget, or maybe even 10-12 episodes and covered all three books or something. Could have done three or four episodes of novel.

That would have been pretty amazing.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The only part I remember hating was the aliens interpretive dance at the end

• 1Worf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The only part I remember hating was the aliens interpretive dance at the end
I never looked at it that way but now you supplanted that notion in my brain, like a goofy song out of the '80s, and I can' unthink it,
Asshole.... 😉

Go to rewatch it. It's a pretty good movie and there's a I guess close to the second act and see that is one of the most horrifying moments in a movie that I've seen within the past decade hands down.

Last edited:

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
did you guys forget he was in that shit tier Moon Knight MCU show

he will apparently be playing Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid live action and Dr. Frankenstein in Guillermo Del Toro's Frankenstein so thats pretty awesome

Dunno. Oscar Isaac's acting wasn't the issue with moon knight IMO. He did a pretty great job doing all the different characters/personalities, I thought. And clearly had fun with it. I remember watching the first episode and thinking this could be great. Than it just nose-dived.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database