Flight sims?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Anyone enjoy flight sims? I used to be into it heavily and got out. Now with an ungodly amount of time just sitting around I'm thinking of getting into it again. So anyone else or just me?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Only if shooting involved. You might like war thunder, had a simulator mode which is pretty hard core.

Borzak

I'm not big into combat sims. I used to be pretty big in falcon and now they have had another upswing now that the source code is in the wild. Now they have hit a snag now that someone has the rights to falcon and is selling it again.

I still have FSX and we'll see how that goes.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I'm not big into combat sims. I used to be pretty big in falcon and now they have had another upswing now that the source code is in the wild. Now they have hit a snag now that someone has the rights to falcon and is selling it again.

I still have FSX and we'll see how that goes.
If FSX is lacking or you want other options there's always XPlane and Prepar3d.

Borzak

Yeah I might look into prepar3d. I bought the ATA C172 add on for the FSX. Just getting my stick, throttle, and pedals set up with it now.

I have some experience with the 172 in real life so that seemed like a good way to get back into it. The heavy jet deal doesn't really appeal to me a whole lot, who knows tho.

My college room mate had a pilots license and he worked part time at the little dinky airport washing planes and they paid him in rental time in the 172. So lot of time in it and while doing waterfowl counts with TXPWD at ridiciously low levels.

Borzak

For those that do/have flown a civilian flight simulator what did you use for flight planning? I still have my Jeppesen charts but they are very out dated with the changes of class airspace and such.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
First MMO I played back in the day was Air Warrior 3. I think Aces High is still the best overall in terms of internet play. War Thunder if you prefer a more arcade game.