FOH Keeper League - Year Eleventhousand

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
South katana centaurs claimed. But I will be in the wilderness for the draft. Hope I can figure out how to set my player rankings via phone, but no luck yet. If not I guess I have to trust ESPN to draft for me. Either way I’ll be active during the season

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Awesome. If you have a friend I’d suggest them drafting. I feel like rankings never work out right for me

can anyone associate the usernames with team names for us? Feel like it’d be a lot easier to locate people who don’t respond to emails

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Received some messages about adding a roster slot to make up for the added players to the pool, I think a short term answer to this is just giving everyone an extra bench slot

An idea on how to keep things interesting going forward

-Additional slot in future is a PUP/Redshirt slot, one slot given to all teams that a player cannot be activated from.
-The ability to keep up to 5 players (2021 and onward) but only a requirement to keep 3. Do well with a picks one year? Get rewarded and bet on them performing again outside of having an early pick. This will also make the league feel more dynasty involved

other things to consider, as long as we're considering:
-Entry fees with pool
-relegation- worst team every year loses their spot for a year and a new owner takes over. Essentially one new owner a year, and you get first dibs on re-entry the year after sitting out.
-IDP

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lawso002

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ham , we've been this league since the beginning . I've always found it fun . I dont interact too much , but none the less fun . That being said , I wont do a money league , if thats what you referring to. Other than that , Im open to trying to make the league better .

Currently thou , we always have issues with retaining ppl lately . So wouldnt it be better to down size ? The only other thing I can think of , would to be nuke it all . Start fresh and go from there . I say this having Watson / Murray . I said it when I had Wilson / Watson and Jackson . I think most of us have proven over the years , while its nice to have studs , its not always how you win the league . Just my thoughts .

TheRashyman

Golden Knight of the Realm
For a money league I would not want it to be this particular league or any other with this same group. I agree with Lawso and enjoy it every year, but it's enjoyable because it's been at least 11 of us I think for 11 years now with a few replacements. It's like the good ole boys league with a lack of better words. I may consider a money league type of thing through one of the other sites that specifically work like that.

If we wanted to nuke it all I'd like to nuke it in a year or two and have a second league setup and rolling first. Get established keepers, rulesets, and accustomed to whatever new things we would have there and then make the hard switch in say 2022-2023. Probably downsizing to 12 at that point since we were pulling teeth to get 13 claimed here, and 16 has been rough the last couple years. One of the teams is just straight garbage too, I almost want to say if we replace 1 or 3 ppl let them not keep anyone and reset their team. The remaining 3 teams imo only 1 has anything solid/decent.

Just realized that wouldn't work since one of the guys traded to get the first pick.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well we aren’t making any major changes five days before the draft. I still don’t understand the point of starting over at all. I think that’ll guarantee us losing half the league. I mean half the reason I’m still around is longevity of what we started. I don’t even join fresh leagues every year. We’ve required keepers every year and have had ten years of a 90% of our owners returning. Free is fine. If we nuke I’m out.

we are losing 3 teams this year though, and it’s the 3 we are always struggling with on owners.So we are downsizing, my post was about how to improve a 12-13 team league, not a 16team one.

TheRashyman

Don't think an odd number can work unless a team is on bye each week. Believe we need to find one more or cut it to 12, but I could be wrong just I don't see how an odd number works.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
With 13 teams and 13 regular weeks, everyone would have one bye. Ideally we find one owner replacement though.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll agree with the others, don't make it a money league. I think retaining a majority of the owners for 11 years is something to be proud of and part of the success of that is the format of league. I don't mind downsizing, I always thought 16 teams in a keeper league is probably 4 too many but it's worked for the most part all these years. I do like the idea of an additional PUP slot.

Fadaar

That guy
The goofy roster slots (namely OP) and 16 teams is what's kept this league fun and interesting every year. The draft can make or break a team in any normal league, but this one it's especially true if you hit home runs on your later picks.

Edit: god damn, 11 years ago I was in college. Between now and then I had a 4 year stint in the Air Force and almost 6 years at my current job. Wild shit.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Agree with most everyone’s sentiment. So should we add an extra bench slot to continue to reward stashing over FA waivers? We should have about 40 roster worthy-ish players in the pool that would usually be gobbled up Ezra here

TheRashyman

Just had a thought. Instead of a 13 team league if we don't find another (I'm asking ppl I know), but how about we have like a commissioner/league consensus drafted team? So we take the team that has the most talent, probably the Michael Thomas or Tyreke Hill team. We select the best keepers there, and instead of autodrafting, we assign highest adp player based on need so it's still competitive based on actual adp to prevent byes.

Example:
Team Easily Replaced

Keepers:
Cousins
Rivers/Stafford
Cook maybe?

So drafting first round we plug a wr/rb, next round we assign rb I'd guess and so on, but we would assign just whoever the highest adp would be to acquire a full lineup then hit autodraft to prevent biased picks. It's work on Ham, but then he can fill in voids for byes and injuries with what's available.

In my opinion whoever has a bye in said week obviously would prefer to play. The team isn't going to win a championship, but it should at least be competitive based on what the "experts" think. What are your thoughts on this guys?

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
That’s not a bad idea. Ineligible from trades. Always plays the highest projected player. Sorta like the NBA owned hornets

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
XFL and Scorgasms has been deleted.

Easily replaced is still temporarily active as it had decent keeper options. We will run 14 this year, either finding a last minute manager or making it a league owned team.

Gilg has been relocated to the North division for balance.

I've changed the playoffs from 8 teams to 6 (conference winners getting a bye). Otherwise 8 people making a 14 team playoff would mean over half the league made the playoffs. I can change this back if this is an issue but for competitiveness I felt this was the right play coming up on draft deadline

Last edited:

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Perfect, DM me your email. Your third keeper is a little ehhhh but you can make it work

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
had your email saved, invite sent.

Kyoug has won the league before, so I'm feeling a pretty competitive league now with two down

Fadaar

That guy
Damn looking at the list of players available I have no idea who to take at 3 and that's not even counting non-keepers. First round is gonna be really interesting this year.