For All Mankind

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I feel like that America who was working with the Russian woman played a part. He did mention their time together in Leningrad.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
What were they gonna do - arrest/kidnap her on American soil in front all of NASA
If she refuses to come you have the US send her back to Russia to face punishment for her crimes. What does Russia gain from leaving her in the US. As shown with Sergei they dont tend to forgive and forget.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
If she refuses to come you have the US send her back to Russia to face punishment for her crimes. What does Russia gain from leaving her in the US. As shown with Sergei they dont tend to forgive and forget.

1705181469369.png

Seems like the options are:

a) Let her get arrested by the USSR and dragged back to USSR against her will for punishment / torture, in front of a room full of NASA staff some of whom may be apalled by such a response

b) Let her claim aslyum in the US. I can't say what the dynamics of this would involve eg if she could walk around relatively free.

c) Arrest her and let her face the US legal system and consequences rather than the Russian.

Seems like C) is the logical and best option

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't know how the writing can start off so good for 2 seasons and then turn to shit.

Oh wait it's Ron Moore.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
As mentioned earlier she's a known traitor. Would the US really want to offer her asylum status when they can clearly just send her away with Russia for crimes she admitted to in front of everyone. Secondly, is offering her asylum worth it when you are working with Russia hand in hand on this massive joint project and don't need any unnecessary drama with them over this of all things to protect a habitual traitor and terrorist. Cmon dont bullshit me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I feel like that America who was working with the Russian woman played a part. He did mention their time together in Leningrad.
He was talking about the conference they had just a couple weeks prior. Nothing more.

Letting Margo get arrested didn't make sense for Russia because she'd get debriefed on what she knew of Roscosmos. That alone was worth bringing her back to Russia.

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
As mentioned earlier she's a known traitor. Would the US really want to offer her asylum status when they can clearly just send her away with Russia for crimes she admitted to in front of everyone. Secondly, is offering her asylum worth it when you are working with Russia hand in hand on this massive joint project and don't need any unnecessary drama with them over this of all things to protect a habitual traitor and terrorist. Cmon dont bullshit me.

which is why arresting her on US soil is a win-win for the USA. You make sure she faces your punishment, and you get to avoid the human rights allegations of knowingly letting someone get shipped to a gulag. Can literally spin it as a win for US justice.

Cybsled

which is why arresting her on US soil is a win-win for the USA. You make sure she faces your punishment, and you get to avoid the human rights allegations of knowingly letting someone get shipped to a gulag. Can literally spin it as a win for US justice.

There is zero upside to the US letting her go in that situation - the administration would get roasted for letting a traitor go

DickTrickle

There is zero upside to the US letting her go in that situation - the administration would get roasted for letting a traitor go
They could only arrest her because diplomatic immunity was revoked, though, which Russia didn't need to do at all.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
They could only arrest her because diplomatic immunity was revoked, though, which Russia didn't need to do at all.

Russia can't drag her onto a plane against her will, not from the NASA command center anyway. Therefore best way to punish her is to withdraw the immunity (and if they really wanted to, send an assassin later before she goes to a US prison)

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I think we are just going in circles at this point and will agree to disagree. Makes no sense to me at all.

DickTrickle

Russia can't drag her onto a plane against her will, not from the NASA command center anyway. Therefore best way to punish her is to withdraw the immunity (and if they really wanted to, send an assassin later before she goes to a US prison)
Why can't they? The US can't arrest or detain her while she has diplomatic immunity. I mean, it could be a bad look for the US, but that doesn't mean they actually have the right to stop the Russians under the Vienna conventions rules. There are real world cases where people have committed espionage and murder and all that happens is the offender is told to leave the country because the sending country didn't revoke their immunity.

They could theoretically do it in violation of the agreed upon rules but then it'd be a much larger political situation than just letting the Russians take her back -- they'd face their diplomats having their diplomatic immunity ignored as retaliation.

That aside, I really don't see Margo kicking or screaming if the Russians decided they wanted to take her back to Russia.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
This was more like a TV show than the other seasons but in the sense it was a season of a show that has 20 seasons.
In some ways it was more stable on the twists and turns and plots, but in other ways it lacked the excitement of of scifi.
Oddly enough the asteroid shit wasn't even the focus of the season despite it being the main plot.
Thankfully Amazon gave everyone 3 months of Apple TV for this shit. In 3 months since I last had A+, A+ has added 1 movie and 1 mid series.
Mediocre.

Frothyfrappe

Bronze Knight of the Realm
He was talking about the conference they had just a couple weeks prior. Nothing more.

Letting Margo get arrested didn't make sense for Russia because she'd get debriefed on what she knew of Roscosmos. That alone was worth bringing her back to Russia.
Idk what this is about but who is an actual human that knows about this quantum conundrum shut because I think people really are extra complacent and oblivious to the most obvious of dangers here and wouldn't mind actually discussing this shit. I dint want to blow up again ya know? Statistically speaking.....

DickTrickle

Idk what this is about but who is an actual human that knows about this quantum conundrum shut because I think people really are extra complacent and oblivious to the most obvious of dangers here and wouldn't mind actually discussing this shit. I dint want to blow up again ya know? Statistically speaking.....
Awkward Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Keep in mind w/ the Margo stuff, the head of Roscosmos was also in trouble at home as well, so there's political stuff going on in Russia too. Revoking her diplomatic immunity perhaps cleans up some of that mess they're dealing with (and maybe we never hear from the current head of Roscosmos again). Probably get a one-liner addressing it if there's a season 5 from her successor.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The only possible explanation to me on Margo is that Moscow did it because they get to deal with the head chick and do what they want with her with no international looks at it. Still pretty weak to me

spronk

FPS noob

renewed for season 5, soviet star city spinoff too in the works. kinda weird, guess it could be interesting