Ford v. Ferrari (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Props to whoever it was that recommended Rush earlier in the thread, but you left out that it wasn't just Thor, it was Thor vs Zemo!

If you want to go a little further into racing movies, give "Senna" a watch. It might be a documentary, but it's one of the best sports movies I have seen. Also, I have never watched an F1 race, and had no idea who he was, going into it.

Also, this sounds awesome:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Then when you're done and you want more entertainment, watch Stallone in Driven. It's a very fun movie. Especially when they take the F1's onto the roads of NYC. Such a great scene.

• 2Direct to DVD
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For those who enjoyed this Netflix has a documentary called Shelby American. Quite interesting and goes into a lot more detail.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Take back my earlier statement. Rush is better but this was a great movie. Maybe my favorite of 2019 since it was weak

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My biggest problem with the movie (Ford v Ferrari) is that it ended on such a down note. Like even if that's how it actually played out irl, that's such a shitty way to end what is otherwise a very triumphant story. If you're already taking creative liberties with the story, then just leave out them dicking him out of the Le Mans win, or mention the truth in an epilogue. Definitely don't need to throw in his son seeing him die.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think the ending worked. It definitely was a wtf moment and hit me. Not every story is a happy ending, I think the reason I put this above Rush originally was the brutal ending and not some credit text talking about it.

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed this movie. The realism was jarring but I think it was what made the movie great.

In Hollywood, Ken Miles would have told Ford to fuck off and blown out everyone. His son would have watched his father win and would have grown up with his dad watching him win. This was not a Hollywood story and I appreciated it.

• 1Solidarity

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. As someone else mentioned, it was good to see a good ol’ car movie again.

spronk

FPS noob
4K UHD rips are out, released digitally two days ago on VOD/etc and comes out on UHD retail feb 11

worth a rewatch at home in 4K i imagine, gonna try this weekend

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched the Bluray and oh my god the sound editing was awesome, I'm not even into cars but this was a pretty good film. Damon was very good but I think Bale's acting was top notch. It's a well made movie with top acting and a nice (somewhat true) story about friendship, competition and fuck you Ferrari.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
This isn't Ford V Ferrari. This is Ford V stupid ass American defeatest culture. Ferrari had nothing to do with this movie. Full force, America go fuck your self. God damn it made me teary eyed about how we once believed in ourselves.

MATT DAMON.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had to get on an airplane last week and they had this streaming. It was great. Definitely one of the best movies of last year. Christian Bale is so fucking good in everything he does.

Two thumbs up.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users