Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

This from someone on Reddit. It's pretty much the truth. lol
Guenther: We should spend money developing the car.
Gene: Yeah we're done here.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This is fascinating. Stoner was before I started watching, but every year in Phillip Island the btsport guys would always talk about Stoner gaining almost a second through that one corner.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So the motoGP sepang test was supposed to be 6th - 8th but it looks like there are already some bikes running? Me confuzed

Ah the video says "shakedown". Wonder what the difference is?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Was kinda hoping he'd join Verstappen at Red Bull, but this is my first year watching F1 so I have no fucking idea what I'm talking about.

My son just finished half of the AMG speed champions set

1706820818672.png

This one was just announced:

1706820867125.png

A couple McLarens coming too, via this feed: https://twitter.com/Falconbricks

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So the motoGP sepang test was supposed to be 6th - 8th but it looks like there are already some bikes running? Me confuzed

Ah the video says "shakedown". Wonder what the difference is?
There was a live show from the first day of real testing about an hour ago. The shakedown is one of the concessions they give to the teams at the back. So Honda, Yamaha, and maybe KTM were there? I know I saw Acosta on the gasgas.

The main interesting thing I heard in the livestream is that Yamaha hired an italian away from Ducati. The engines are so different though I don't know how much he can do. The bikes are still crossplane, can tell by the sound, but I may have heard the 2023.

Honda didn't even bother to bring a 2023 bike to the test.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Live update thing is on if anyone is awake:
Crazy to think about Honda and Yamaha being able to update the engine all year long. I wonder if they lose concessions right away if they win a race?

Do they have budget limits? Engine changes have got to be crazy expensive.

F1 style grid pressure sensors being run. They are putting them at the back to correlate with CFD.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I feel so bad for the women there that have to wear those head coverings in that crazy heat.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This year is going to be nuts. They are already 2 seconds under the lap record at Sepang.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Watching
The american team above is Aprilia based, called Trackhouse. Fernandez and Oliviera.

The boss is Davide Brivio who got a job in F1 after running the suzuki team.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
F1 testing started. The liveries are quite different! Couldn't really tell what team I was looking at in the brief video I saw.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm watching the full day now. There's a Kick car, which is Sauber. That's the twitch alternative. I've only been on there once to watch ZombieDoll, a friend I met in vrchat.

There's some car everyone is calling RB that has VISA all over it. I think that is the former torro rosso? The red bull secondary team? I think.

Either Bahrain is super bumpy or everyone is porpoising again. I notice it most in the slow / medium corners, where last year it was the fast bits, so probably just bumpy.

Merc's front wing is really small. Red bull is very different, and looks like they don't have enough cooling. Tiny little intakes on the side. Maybe they made some kind of breakthrough in radiator materials.

In the old days before the budget caps, the rich teams would bring a completely bogus car to the first test in the hopes everyone would copy it. Then they'd show up at the first race with the real car. I don't think anyone can do that now.