Fortress Forever

Pironin_sl

shitlord
Fortress Forever on Steam

Fortress Forever - A Source Mod inspired by Team Fortress

If you enjoyed Quake TF or even Team Fortress Classic, this is a remake of those games. Was supposed to be the original sequel to Team Fortress Classic as it was made by the bigger known players of TFC. It has been around since just before the release of TF2. I can answer any questions about the game. If you like fast action movement based FPS games then check this out. It's totally free!

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I ran a server of it in 2007. I really liked the concept (I played both Quake TF and HL1,) but boy did they have terrible timing getting it out. They dragged their feet way too long. I wish it had came out sooner so it could have got more of a fanbase going back then.

Pironin_sl

shitlord
I ran a server of it in 2007. I really liked the concept (I played both Quake TF and HL1,) but boy did they have terrible timing getting it out. They dragged their feet way too long. I wish it had came out sooner so it could have got more of a fanbase going back then.
I couldn't agree more! However accessibility has been one of its biggest issues. Yesterday was a big success in getting new players in. I pubbed for a few hours and got to meet a bunch of new players who for the most part really enjoyed the game play. I think the biggest positive right now is that it's free with no sort of cash incentives. The devs work on this game in their spare time. If you're on the fence, I say give it another shot. You have absolutely nothing to lose but maybe an hour of your time.

dangler_sl

shitlord
Was a pretty cool game, I really liked spy in it... switching the flag room sentries just as your team was coming in, massacring the D was always great.

HAving said that, in my view, the major things that killed it were:
1. They massively OPed the medic. People weren't healing, only solo rushing the enemy base and capping.
2. The literally and figuratively took the 'team' out of Team Fortress. It was all about the DMing.
3. They didn't have a clear vision of whether they wanted to be TFC+ or they're own unique TF game. Trying to make both camps happy, it didn't work.

Pironin_sl

shitlord
Was a pretty cool game, I really liked spy in it... switching the flag room sentries just as your team was coming in, massacring the D was always great.

HAving said that, in my view, the major things that killed it were:
1. They massively OPed the medic. People weren't healing, only solo rushing the enemy base and capping.
2. The literally and figuratively took the 'team' out of Team Fortress. It was all about the DMing.
3. They didn't have a clear vision of whether they wanted to be TFC+ or they're own unique TF game. Trying to make both camps happy, it didn't work.
I pretty much disagree with everything you just said because, it's not TF2. It's not meant to be TF2. It's a quakeworld style game where in TFC the same mechanics apply. Same for QWTF. It's a fast paced movement based FPS. The vision was/is pretty clear.

dangler_sl

shitlord
At the time I hadn't even played TF2, so I didn't want it to be that. Also, what are you smoking? You just said the Team Fortress was never about teamwork. The whole premis is of specialized members working together. I never played TFC (not really), so I have no idea how that got fucked up. But QWTF you weren't meant to kill all the D and cap as the medic. And that's exactly what was going down in FF.

Team Fortress 1 Opening Intro - YouTube

In modern QTF they even have 'Clan play'... with NO mid DMing. you have to pick, O or D, and stick to it.

Attackers Go Red - QuakeWorld Wiki

"Many decent players gave up on 'teamwork' on public servers, and left the game; the TF servers became the home for failed DMers, who could use the classes of CustomTF to finally get some frags.s"

Cybsled

He's pimping the game because he is paid or a dev involved with it based on his last reply ;p

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Good god this. I remember being so pumped for this then 100% forgetting about it due to it coming out like a week before or after TF2.

dangler_sl

shitlord
It had a lot going for it, and like I said, I really liked spy. Too bad things went they way they did. Best luck to 'em.