Fox Confirms The Greatest American Hero Reboot

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I don't know if i'm happy or sad about this. The older i get the more i realize some of these shows are better left as memories, but as a kid i loved this show. Guess we'll see what Fox does with it.

In an exclusive to Deadline, it was confirmed that Fox is picking up the show, and it?ll be written and directed by Rick Famuyiwa (Dope, Talk to Me) and Phil Lord and Chris Miller (the directing pair that was involved with the film version of 21 Jump Street and The Lego Movie). Rounding out the team is Tawnia McKiernan, daughter of Stephen J. Cannell, creator of both Greatest American Hero and the original 21 Jump Street TV show.

Fox, in a preemptive buy, has signed up for a pilot production commitment to the show.

More...

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I LOVED this show as a child. I've been wondering, with all the hoopla over super hero movies and TV shows, when someone would bring back this series. I really hope they keep it to the level of humor and lightheartedness of the original's first season. The show took a turn for the worst in its second.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
first season was epic, i even bought the 45 of the theme song at the time. a reboot might not suck.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I remember when they changed his last name due to John Hinckley Jr attempting to kill Reagan. Hope they make it as fun as the original was.

Sterling

El Presidente
At this point I've become pretty apathetic toward remakes. I just sort of don't really care and assume most of them will just suck and any that actually don't are a pleasant surprise. This goes for movies as well.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
This was probably one of my favorite shows as a kid. I would literally jump up and down in excitement and run through the house singing the theme song when it cane on. Don't fuck it up with a remake.