Free $250 from Wells Fargo

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
No time requirement, that's what made this one worth sharing.

suckers.

thx for the heads up. i actually just scored $200 yesterday from chase for opening a new account 3 weeks ago. wouldnt mind another $250

Oldbased

> Than U
No it's not, it's a soft pull
Would make more sense. Just going off the multiple comments in that slickdeal thread stating it is a hard pull.
Haven't done it but tempted since an extra $200 would buy a new waterbed mattress for the play room.
How hard was it to close the account after you had yanked your funds?
Thinking once it deposits I could just transfer to my primary bank and close the account right?

Meekrab

Trakanon Raider
Took me 23 minutes from the moment I got out of my car to the time I got back to my car to get my cash and account closed. But I did go around 4:00pm, so there was a bunch of people in there.

No issues though. I just said I didn't need the account. Lady pointed out about how I had recently opened the account. I told her about the deal. She was slightly shocked since she hadn't heard about it, but also laughed and said good for me. I'm sure she won't be surprised when a handful more people I know go in there to cancel their accounts, lol.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Walked in, asked to withdraw the $265, asked to close the account. They called over someone else over and they asked if I was unhappy, I said no, I just didn't need the account. She said no problem and canceled it, wished me a good weekend. Total time from car to back in car- 7 minutes.

A+

The nice thing was that I banked with them from age 16 to 32, and finally left after Ithey had charged me over $900 in bogus fees one time. I got it all refunded, but it was this huge multi week hassle and was just a terrible experience. Anyway, felt nice shafting them a bit. #petty

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
They pulled the "You need to sit with one of our personal bankers to close out an account." move on me.

Lady asked about the ten $1.00 charges and nothing else showing. Also why I was closing it out. Told her I changed to CHASE because it was closer. She took her time, but overall the whole signup, buy gift cards, and close account in person costed me about 45 minutes of time.