From

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I picked this up last week and watched the first five episodes. I've enjoyed it so far, but definitely became worried that it'd be one of those LOST type shows where you just spin around in circles without anything happening.

Skimming recent posts, since I don't want to spoil anything, makes it sound like this show is a trainwreck in season 2. Is it worth continuing on with?

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was curious about bus dude, looks like he may camp out on the roof, is he thinking they can't get up to him? Would the amulet protect him if he is outside?

As for killing one of the monsters, we haven't seen them move fast yet have we? I'm thinking when they go into murder mode they are going to be super speed badasses.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I picked this up last week and watched the first five episodes. I've enjoyed it so far, but definitely became worried that it'd be one of those LOST type shows where you just spin around in circles without anything happening.

Skimming recent posts, since I don't want to spoil anything, makes it sound like this show is a trainwreck in season 2. Is it worth continuing on with?

The Golden Age of TV has peaked. By now you've probably watched/caught up on every finished show worth watching. When was the last time there were multiple shows a week that were unmissable?

If you need something on to vaguely pay attention too then this is it I guess.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Golden Age of TV has peaked. By now you've probably watched/caught up on every finished show worth watching. When was the last time there were multiple shows a week that were unmissable?

If you need something on to vaguely pay attention too then this is it I guess.
It's funny, because my usenet provider price went way up this year, and I asked my wife if we should renew. She said no. I'm inclined to agree. For the most part, I just get annoyed when I watch TV nowadays.

I don't even bother with movies anymore.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

It's not a trainwreck. I'm just disappointed in its pacing and the characters being so fucking stingy with new information.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
It's not a trainwreck. I'm just disappointed in its pacing and the characters being so fucking stingy with new information.

Yeah, it still has most of what made season 1 good, but the bus is kind of like a soft reset making everything they did in s1 pointless. It's a great point on the info too - they get enough people that you'd think they would at least write up a FAQ even if they couldn't be bothered to explain all the things they had already tried and why they didn't work.

But, hey, why explain anything when you can glower and dismiss every question with vaguely threatening statements.

Oldbased

> Than U
MGM+ is a buck 99 atm for 2 months on Prime so now I am all caught up on season 2.
Man they really drag out what is happening. They going for 15 seasons?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was curious about bus dude, looks like he may camp out on the roof, is he thinking they can't get up to him? Would the amulet protect him if he is outside?

As for killing one of the monsters, we haven't seen them move fast yet have we? I'm thinking when they go into murder mode they are going to be super speed badasses.
Looks like we finally have one dead. The preview for next weeks episode looks like we'll finally see where that goes. Another point of interest is that they are finally "TALKING" to each other about shit like the Caves.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This episode was quite a bit better but I worry that bus guy and white father are going to end up as antagonistic Q tard stand ins.

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>

I assumed he would spend the night inside the bus with the amulet.

Yeah, I think the monsters can move much faster in their true form. That's actually a plot hole for me: If they catch someone outside, why walk slowly in their human form? Why not transition and run full blast with their claws and fangs out?

It still makes no sense. Boyd gets infected with weird worms in his blood, cause him to hallucinate. Suddenly he gets the idea that his blood might be fatal to them, they give him enough time to slash an open wound to infuse the blood into, and it suddenly works.

I hope there's more explanation of the lore and "rules" to this world otherwise they are getting close to a tangled mess of plot holes.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Suddenly he gets the idea that his blood might be fatal to them, they give him enough time to slash an open wound to infuse the blood into, and it suddenly works.
I'm not sure he was expecting it to be fatal. He just wanted to transfer whatever to someone/something else so he can do the transfusion. It just happened to have the effect of killing it.

Another frustrating trope I notice in these shows is when characters recognize they're in a supernatural setting. However, when someone reports a strange sighting or experience, their peers immediately label them as 'crazy'?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Well its a good thing the rest of the creatures just stood by watching the show.

fat12

Trakanon Raider
I assumed he would spend the night inside the bus with the amulet.

Yeah, I think the monsters can move much faster in their true form. That's actually a plot hole for me: If they catch someone outside, why walk slowly in their human form? Why not transition and run full blast with their claws and fangs out?

It still makes no sense. Boyd gets infected with weird worms in his blood, cause him to hallucinate. Suddenly he gets the idea that his blood might be fatal to them, they give him enough time to slash an open wound to infuse the blood into, and it suddenly works.

I hope there's more explanation of the lore and "rules" to this world otherwise they are getting close to a tangled mess of plot holes.
What's even sillier is the fact that the creatures were apparently feeding on that old guy who was trapped in the tower. Unless those were different monsters? This whole show has gotten kind of dumb.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, I feel like it's going full Lost and they're just adding in elements they think would be 'cool' without having them synchronize or flush with the storyline necessarily. Thinking they'll make it all work later rather than thinking the full thing out.

Guessing the blood worms are their secret parallels vaccination versus the monsters. Probably had to sacrifice one guy, a marine who volunteered, to whatever makes his blood tainted so they can farm him for the monster vax.

Probably some former town types that survived the slaughter years ago, made a second town and then watched the other town spring up. Then allow the Diner town to take the heat from the monsters while they're more off the grid.

Daidraco

I would have to rewatch the conversation to recall what exactly is said - but the old guy in the building atop the ... well? .. he said that the things that visited him were different than the ones in the town. He made it sound, at least in my opinion, as if the monsters there were the ones in charge of the monsters that lived in the cave system.

As for the monsters in town - when he attacked the one with the knife and slit its throat, they appeared to almost laugh at the thought of a human actually hurting them. Then, when the one actually dies from the blood transfusion - they legitimately look surprised "Oh my God! What is happening to our brother? How has he fallen? No way that this peasant of a human (which theyre ignoring) can do this, so what happened?!"

Show was dumb from the beginning, but they "were" walking a line of mystery and intrigue that made it more interesting than what it currently is. Now I just feel like Im constantly fighting back my own disbelief and trying to make excuses (like above) to make things make sense to myself.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I would have to rewatch the conversation to recall what exactly is said - but the old guy in the building atop the ... well? .. he said that the things that visited him were different than the ones in the town. He made it sound, at least in my opinion, as if the monsters there were the ones in charge of the monsters that lived in the cave system.

As for the monsters in town - when he attacked the one with the knife and slit its throat, they appeared to almost laugh at the thought of a human actually hurting them. Then, when the one actually dies from the blood transfusion - they legitimately look surprised "Oh my God! What is happening to our brother? How has he fallen? No way that this peasant of a human (which theyre ignoring) can do this, so what happened?!"

Show was dumb from the beginning, but they "were" walking a line of mystery and intrigue that made it more interesting than what it currently is. Now I just feel like Im constantly fighting back my own disbelief and trying to make excuses (like above) to make things make sense to myself.

I'm fine with the basic outline of the last episode but it just wasn't filmed all that well. The creepy smiler dying should have had more impact. The others around him acted like zombies in what was shot in a couple of wide shots could have been a lot better.

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
I'm not sure he was expecting it to be fatal. He just wanted to transfer whatever to someone/something else so he can do the transfusion. It just happened to have the effect of killing it.

Another frustrating trope I notice in these shows is when characters recognize they're in a supernatural setting. However, when someone reports a strange sighting or experience, their peers immediately label them as 'crazy'?
Yeah, that's the thing. He had no idea if that blood would even do anything? What was the rationale for it to even work, based on what Boyd knew?

A hell of a gamble. If it does anything other than kill the monster outright, they carve a canoe out of him. Seems so insanely stupid to risk your life on a crazy theory with nothing to back it up.

I really hope some answers arrive soon. The one positive thing is that they're getting better and better defences against the monsters. First, hide and seek. Second, the amulets. Now, worm blood vaccine.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah, that's the thing. He had no idea if that blood would even do anything? What was the rationale for it to even work, based on what Boyd knew?
The old man cut him, then placed his bloody hand on Boyd's cut and said, 'now my blood is your blood'. It was completely logical Boyd attempting to transfer it to someone else via the same process. I'm guessing he didn't expect a potential monster gangbang occuring, though. Whatever, it's all fantasy but I didn't find the scene that preposterous. The creatures' reactions were silly, though. Them running away in disbelief and terror would've made more sense, I guess.

• 1Like

Daidraco

The old man cut him, then placed his bloody hand on Boyd's cut and said, 'now my blood is your blood'. It was completely logical Boyd attempting to transfer it to someone else via the same process. I'm guessing he didn't expect a potential monster gangbang occuring, though. Whatever, it's all fantasy but I didn't find the scene that preposterous. The creatures' reactions were silly, though. Them running away in disbelief and terror would've made more sense, I guess.
Right? Or at least some type of expression that they were fearful? Which is why I tried to really dig deep about what the director was really trying to get at?... Why should I dig that deep in the first place, tf if I know. But here we are. The only conclusion I came to was that they were indeed inquisitive about the death of their fellow monster because they had never seen one of themselves either die period, or die to a human. Im trying to stay logical, so Im assuming its just the fact that one died to a human.

Boyd or w/e getting the idea to do a blood transfusion like that is REALLY the big "ok... c'mon" kind of moment. They drag their shit ideas slowly on a lot of stuff in this series, so it makes no sense for them to just jump into something like that without giving an explanation. "I talked to chick and she told me about the cave. I went into the cave and saw hand paintings depicting the action!"