From

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's even sillier is the fact that the creatures were apparently feeding on that old guy who was trapped in the tower. Unless those were different monsters? This whole show has gotten kind of dumb.
Just wait until you find out he was actually in the lighthouse!

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
The old man cut him, then placed his bloody hand on Boyd's cut and said, 'now my blood is your blood'. It was completely logical Boyd attempting to transfer it to someone else via the same process. I'm guessing he didn't expect a potential monster gangbang occuring, though. Whatever, it's all fantasy but I didn't find the scene that preposterous. The creatures' reactions were silly, though. Them running away in disbelief and terror would've made more sense, I guess.

But the monsters? Based on what Boyd knew, it was almost a guaranteed suicide and they really should've shredded him into pulled pork in seconds. It was really a stupid gamble that he had no reason to believe would work, and we still have no explanation of why it worked.

I really hope we get more exposition soon else they're gonna disappear up their butt holes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I’m only on ep 2 but I love the creepy feeling, trapped concept, and bad acting. Really gives me 80s vibes with some of this shit dialogue, like a made for tv Stephen King. Bad, but I’ve always liked me some shit lines

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I worry that bus guy and white father are going to end up as antagonistic Q tard stand ins.

concern intensifies rabbit bunny pot.png

The two white men are going to get a bunch of people killed in the season finale.

• 1Worf

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Personally, I'd try and get that drone up as high as possible to get a good aerial view of the area.

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
I don't understand why they never converted a building into like the colony house but no windows with tiny cell rooms you lock from the inside and have 2 people stay up all night guarding the main door with a rune and since they have unlimited vampire power, an indoor complete farming factory for food growth and why haven't they armored/Deathrace car wars those vehicles? Why do they just walk around socializing all day then panic at night and repeat everyday for decades?

There is no evidence of any attempt at defenses fortifying at all anyplace other than a few broken rotting boards over broken windows.
That would be like day 1 shit to me.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't understand why they never converted a building into like the colony house but no windows with tiny cell rooms you lock from the inside and have 2 people stay up all night guarding the main door with a rune and since they have unlimited vampire power, an indoor complete farming factory for food growth and why haven't they armored/Deathrace car wars those vehicles? Why do they just walk around socializing all day then panic at night and repeat everyday for decades?

There is no evidence of any attempt at defenses fortifying at all anyplace other than a few broken rotting boards over broken windows.
Its what you and I would do. But the industrial nature of it all, even if it does remind me of Rim World - i guess it would change the overall story of it a bit too much.

I too thought about how they could abuse the rune system. I was thinking of a pentagon type of building, thin and narrow, that goes all the way around an area - like a wall - that has a rune in it. Not easily scalable from the outside for obvious reasons. Gardens and living spaces in the center. Trapped in their entirety, sure. But with all those cars in that field, all that lumber from the forests - they could do something fierce for sure.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Dang I can’t watch season 2 on Prime. Yeah no shit, cut down some trees for lumber and barricade the fuck out of everything.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

My guess is it's handwaved away as trying to keep a normal day to day life. That or most of these people are useless idiots with no skills.

Oldbased

> Than U
Dang I can’t watch season 2 on Prime. Yeah no shit, cut down some trees for lumber and barricade the fuck out of everything.
My prime had MGM+ for 1.99.
We are on episode 7 now so you'd only need the 1 month.

I'm holding out hoping we see the lesbian doctors tongue each others asshole to justify having spent that 2 bucks.

• 2Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My prime had MGM+ for 1.99.
We are on episode 7 now so you'd only need the 1 month.

I'm holding out hoping we see the lesbian doctors tongue each others asshole to justify having spent that 2 bucks.
IM SAYING - Lanx Lanx ’s character needs to put that morphine on a string around his dick while the other one fondles his balls.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Episode 7 of Season 2 and this dude if FINALLY telling people he heard something on the radio...

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
All the power they get is from existing electronics from buildings. They can't build a new place with electronics. They could perhaps modify an existing building, but obviously the people watching them would put the kaibosh on that shit as they did by collapsing the house when they were digging.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's way too late now but I would have liked the show to have been organized a little differently. When the show opens we learn about the town through the family of new arrivals as before but it's slow because everyone is really cagey when asked questions. Rather than people just not fucking ever sharing fucking information unless it's dragged out of them we get an actual reason in-story - people that ask a lot of questions or that try and experiment tend to die horribly. You know how in that Twilight Zone episode "It's a Good Life" everyone's walking on eggshells so they don't get yeeted in to the cornfield? A much more subtle version of that. That lets you hand wave away a lot of the questions the audience has about why aren't they doing X or Y. They aren't doing your bright idea because someone already did and all they got for their troubles was their insides turned in to outsides. That then is also a source of conflict as new people want to try stuff and people that have been there a while just want to fuck in colony house. Eventually we learn through Victor that things sometimes change when people try things and that change is usually bad. Fall is coming, plants are dying and there's mixed blame for Tabitha's digging, Boyd's adventure and the antenna. Boyd killing one of the ghouls leads to the finale of season 2 where shit goes really fucking crazy and a bunch of people get killed when some of the medallions crumble in the middle of the night.

The way the show is now everyone just looks like an asshole for not sharing what they know or for acting incredulous when someone finally does.

Xevy

Log Wizard
What're the odds Donna is a plant? She's the only character I like, but I could 100% see her being the one keeping tabs on everyone for the "others" or whoever.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What're the odds Donna is a plant? She's the only character I like, but I could 100% see her being the one keeping tabs on everyone for the "others" or whoever.

I like the character so that would be a shame but as far as the telling of the story goes she'd be a fine choice for a writer to make.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Like maybe the secret town that survived first sent her down to make sure that the "dumb" people get fed to the monsters to keep them out of the OG peoples hair, while still trying to protect people in general from just getting slaughtered. That would actually be decent writing, so I doubt that's the case.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't know why anyone listens to Donna. Walking up to dudes in a powder keg situation like this with "Are you fucking stupid?" Just back hand her every time she opens her mouth.

• 1Worf

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It's funny, because my usenet provider price went way up this year, and I asked my wife if we should renew. She said no. I'm inclined to agree. For the most part, I just get annoyed when I watch TV nowadays.

I don't even bother with movies anymore.
My brother in Christ, what Usenet provider are you using that changes its price? I've payed $40 a year for almost a decade for unlimited everything and 3000 days or more of retention. Price should not be a consideration for keeping big media on its toes.

Cat Costume GIF

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
When you consider everyone in that place is a liberal is all makes perfect sense really and the town seems normal.