From

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I caught up on this S1E1 > Present over the last week or so due to a recommendation from a friend. I am glad I was able to binge through to the end that quickly. I didn't realize it while burning through them, but my wife summed it up perfectly by asking 'What questions have they answered?'. I didn't have a good explanation. They are still <somewhere> with <things> for <reasons>. I really wouldn't mind some sort of concrete answer to some portions of the story.

To the show's credit, it has kept me intrigued enough that I keep watching. I very much want to see the finale next week, but there is no where near enough time to wrap much up.

I like the core cast just fine. Boyd / Donna work for me. The Matthews family is pretty good. Ethan suffers from being a child actor, not his fault. Ellis / Fatima are pretty forgettable.

The dark horses of Jade / Victor were a surprise. I like both of them more than I thought, especially Victor. He plays a 40+ year old child well.

Randall / buzzcut is a chore and insufferable. I really hope he is gone, but he is probably in the glassy eyed cicada infection stage like Marielle. I would also be fine with her getting the boot (c'mon let good guy Kenny get the girl). However, 'they come for three' or what not and Julie is the one rounding out that group? Perhaps she is saved while the other two go.

I could deal with knowing more about greybeard in the tower from the beginning. Perhaps he was one of the children referenced in the towers from Victors childhood.

The thing I kind of rolled my eyes about is.. if you can burn them when theyre dead, why cant you burn them when theyre alive?

I was mostly ok with this. I just figured the fire worked because it was already dead. Fire wasn't capable of killing one that was alive. The bile tipped bullets didn't seem to be doing much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
This could have taken a few different routes to wrap up this season that would have been a lot better but they are at least resolving things that they started, albeit a thing that they started last episode so can't give them too much credit for a two episode arc resolution even though it did also tie up blood worms as well. They need to dump quite a few characters and streamline this. Boyd's son and Fatima need to go, they do nothing but eat up what little time they decide to devote to mystery box resolution and bring nothing to the table. Donna literally just wanders into frame during almost every conversation, does she not have anything to do in this town other than just walk around and wait for a few characters to have a conversation then get injected into that? She's a star utility player but she's adding very little as well. There's a whole army of nameless citizens that only exist so the food scarcity plotline, which has also been forgotten, can actually be a thing which I'm pretty sure isn't a thing as mentioned by several characters. They just get food somehow and grow specialty things.

It took an entire season for any of the characters to act on things that they learned at the end of last season. Jade went from being awesome, think outside of the box, problem solver to making glass sculptures for an entire season when he's known about the cave for 1/2 of it. Most of this shouldn't have been artificially delayed for no reason, it all could have been slowly revealed as Victor got his memories back and it seems like it would have worked a lot better but even that feels odd, he's just at 100% recall now.

They need to figure out what they want to do with this and whittle the entire thing down to a small band of survivors because just knocking off randos every now and then doesn't make it feel like they are in any danger at all anymore and without that tension they need to do some mystery solving to keep things moving forward and they're just not doing that. This feels like it could have been a 2 or 3 part miniseries at an hour each and gotten all wrapped up without the 75% filler that we're getting now

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This could have taken a few different routes to wrap up this season that would have been a lot better but they are at least resolving things that they started, albeit a thing that they started last episode so can't give them too much credit for a two episode arc resolution even though it did also tie up blood worms as well. They need to dump quite a few characters and streamline this. Boyd's son and Fatima need to go, they do nothing but eat up what little time they decide to devote to mystery box resolution and bring nothing to the table. Donna literally just wanders into frame during almost every conversation, does she not have anything to do in this town other than just walk around and wait for a few characters to have a conversation then get injected into that? She's a star utility player but she's adding very little as well. There's a whole army of nameless citizens that only exist so the food scarcity plotline, which has also been forgotten, can actually be a thing which I'm pretty sure isn't a thing as mentioned by several characters. They just get food somehow and grow specialty things.

It took an entire season for any of the characters to act on things that they learned at the end of last season. Jade went from being awesome, think outside of the box, problem solver to making glass sculptures for an entire season when he's known about the cave for 1/2 of it. Most of this shouldn't have been artificially delayed for no reason, it all could have been slowly revealed as Victor got his memories back and it seems like it would have worked a lot better but even that feels odd, he's just at 100% recall now.

They need to figure out what they want to do with this and whittle the entire thing down to a small band of survivors because just knocking off randos every now and then doesn't make it feel like they are in any danger at all anymore and without that tension they need to do some mystery solving to keep things moving forward and they're just not doing that. This feels like it could have been a 2 or 3 part miniseries at an hour each and gotten all wrapped up without the 75% filler that we're getting now
They didn't wrap up shit.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This show is so fucking pitiful. It’s all talk talk yak cry talk slow as fucking fuck. Forty minutes left of episode 10 season 2. Great concept pissed away by complete boredom. Literally only 2 episodes in 2 seasons were actually fun to watch.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok yeah just wrapped season 2. I’m done with this show.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This show killed itself anyways.

The ending of season 2 was, I think, the writers way of wrapping up the show, but yet leaving it vague enough that it could go on for another season if renewed. Her waking up from what appeared to be a Coma could theoretically just mean that the entire thing was a fever dream. But it could also be twisted into meaning something else, such as her finding her way out of Hell in some kind of redemption arc or her coming back from the brink of death.

But yes, this show is just filled to the brim with just useless fucking shit left and right. When Boyd's son was marrying that girl, I look at my g/f and said "This is the season finale?..." because shit like that just doesnt make any fucking sense in a finale episode. I hate it too, cause the show is "watchable" but at the same time, its just so god damn awful.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This show killed itself anyways.

The ending of season 2 was, I think, the writers way of wrapping up the show, but yet leaving it vague enough that it could go on for another season if renewed. Her waking up from what appeared to be a Coma could theoretically just mean that the entire thing was a fever dream. But it could also be twisted into meaning something else, such as her finding her way out of Hell in some kind of redemption arc or her coming back from the brink of death.

But yes, this show is just filled to the brim with just useless fucking shit left and right. When Boyd's son was marrying that girl, I look at my g/f and said "This is the season finale?..." because shit like that just doesnt make any fucking sense in a finale episode. I hate it too, cause the show is "watchable" but at the same time, its just so god damn awful.

It wasn’t that kind of coma. The doctor said some hikers found her out in the woods three days ago. Apparently getting pushed out of a window in the tower is the key to getting out.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm only watching Silo and this for television shows each week so I'm willing to keep going but this season had almost nothing of what got me interested in the show during those first few episodes of season one.

The writing is really, really poop.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm only watching Silo and this for television shows each week so I'm willing to keep going but this season had almost nothing of what got me interested in the show during those first few episodes of season one.

The writing is really, really poop.
Yeah I agree. First season was so much better than 2nd. This season didnt really advance the story like at all. It played out like a soap opera.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah I agree. First season was so much better than 2nd. This season didnt really advance the story like at all. It played out like a soap opera.

It was so inefficient. You could take every scene where characters have a conversation that goes nowhere and they give each other zero information, not have those at all and then replace them with scenes where things happen. Victor can occasionally have a line like "bad things happen to people that ask questions" but dump every other instance of someone else saying they can't talk about something or Boyd saying "I have to go."

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also dumb shit that does not make sense either, for instance the worm thing in sherifs body pissed me off. His kid needs a blood transfusion so hey ill just stab that creature, bleed on him and BAM, my worms are gone, like WTF?

Blood is all clean now, worms gone, lets do the transfusion.

Like none of that makes any sense at all.

Oh and THEN like a day later, after getting stabbed in the chest, plus stabbed again by doctors, and losing a gallon of blood, the dude is all up and running around like it aint no thing.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1687797480936.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It wasn’t that kind of coma. The doctor said some hikers found her out in the woods three days ago. Apparently getting pushed out of a window in the tower is the key to getting out.
Im not sure why the specifics of the coma matters in the grand scheme of what I said. Three days unconscious, or w/e point you're trying to make here I agree with, cause it doesnt matter to me but does to you apparently.

People already saw the last episode? HUH? I dont get it.
Episode 10 of Season 2 is what I assume theyre talking about being the final episode. But filming is already being done for season 3, so Im not sure where that assumption would come from.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh and THEN like a day later, after getting stabbed in the chest, plus stabbed again by doctors, and losing a gallon of blood, the dude is all up and running around like it aint no thing.

The faster than normal wound healing has been a thing since the kid got impaled with a table leg, and it’s never been addressed.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The amount of complete useless banter destroying any pacing. IE: When what's his face (As you can tell I do not even remember any of the characters aside from Boyd) went into the cave and then it cuts to that fucking wedding bullshit. WHO CARES. NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR FUCKING WEDDING. Or the continued 9 episodes of that bullshit in season 2. It reminded me of Walking dead when all they ever fucking did was talk in Season 2 at the farm. ZERO plot progression and it was Rick and Herschel. "We need to talk." "Sure. What should be talk about?" "You know what we need to talk about" "Ok lets talk about that" Oh my God I wanted to throat punch these writers that are on strike. Stay fucking on strike. You suck. Chat GBT could put out a better script.

From that lesbian chick that shows up who I never NOT wanted to punch in the face every single time I saw her on screen, to the endless tirade of that marriage fiasco pregnancy bullshit. To Sara and her bullshit, to the asian dude and his bullshit with Boyd and Sara. All this completely 100% needless fucking dialogue with zero plot progression.

And some of the most hilarious eye opening what the fuck moments with Boyd at the end with that music box.

From the light comes out the dark (Or whatever the fuck they said during that wedding thing) and all of a sudden the key to the mystery is grabbing a torch out of the church and lighting it in some ruins and he is magically transplanted to the box? THAT is the revelation plot progression!?!!??!

I mean holy fuck.

Never in my life have a wanted a character to just die and fuck off than that Mari drug addict thing.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
And another thing, there sure are a lot of throat slashing, stabby mofos for such a small population.