Frontier

elidib

Vyemm Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
bvzLtuPJ2JNMkRm8N736rbtLvDD.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Frontier[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2016-11-06[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]The chaotic and violent struggle to control wealth and power in the North American fur trade in late 18th century Canada. Told from multiple perspectives, Frontier takes place in a world where business negotiations might be resolved with close-quarter hatchet fights, and where delicate relations between native tribes and Europeans can spark bloody conflicts.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Have watched a couple of episodes, it's okay so far. Has a similar vibe to Taboo but 100% less Tom Hardy :(

spronk

FPS noob
the geeks podcast i listen to said the show was absolutely awful and all 3 guys said don't bother watching any of it. as they eloquently put it, "I didn't give a shit about fur traders before this show and I didn't give a shit about fur trading after this show."

They were more concerned about how shitty Momoa was and what that means on the Aquaman film, and all of them loved him on stargate and Game of Thrones (as do I). Even Conan showed, the dude pretty much has only one acting mode - stone cold killer - and anything that requires him to stretch beyond that doesn't seem to work.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I've had no problems with him in the first couple of episodes but guess we'll see. Not exactly a show we are chomping at the bit to get through.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's so-so.

Lots of sterotyping, not a lot of nuance. But otoh the production values are decent and I think the redheaded barkeep is hot.

it's good to see Carl Drogo getting work though!

Everyone is WAY to pretty though, and it really sticks out. It's also more than a little bit ridiculous that there's a female tavernkeeper at all. The governors mansion scene really triggered me... they had modern siding on that house and you could see plumbing fixtures briefly in two outdoor scenes.

But it's just an adventure story and you're really not supposed to think about these things. Deadwood it ain't.

Last edited:

iannis

Musty Nester
It's actually kinda bad though. lol

I think Carl Drogo called a scottish hunter "bro". It really really sounded like it.

Not quite self-aware stupid enough to be Zena, not quite committed to the premise enough to be Hell on Wheels.

I like a lot of the actors. I'm glad they're getting productive work. But the writing on this one. Just not so good.