lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
EF3PHrn.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Dear lord she's running on broscience.

Give fatties an out and they'll take it. Tell them they're overweight because they're breathing fat air and they'll nod and go with it. Anything that helps them shovel king dons in their faces somewhat guilt-free.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
bullshit fat apologist propaganda. These people don't really exist, they're anecdotal evidence spread over the internet and are now abused by thousands of fatties who've never experienced this themselves because they've never been to a gym in the first place

GvsWmf7.png

Szlia

Sociology 101 says that it's difficult to enter even a loose social group if you feel you do not belong to it (even if this feeling is irrational). So, someone overweight who never took part in a any kind of athletic activity will find difficult to join a gym because he is not 'one of them'.

Habitus is strong yo!

rrr_img_68197.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
bullshit fat apologist propaganda. These people don't really exist, they're anecdotal evidence spread over the internet and are now abused by thousands of fatties who've never experienced this themselves because they've never been to a gym in the first place
Agreed. This comes up a lot with guys (men/boys) who want to start working out. They're generally incredibly nervous that everyone is judging them. Fortunately, the people that regularly workout generally are way too involved in what they themselves are doing to give a shit about someone else. If theyarepaying attention to someone else, it's probably because it's someone they aspire to look like or it's someone doing something incredibly stupid/dangerous. Otherwise, the new people mostly blend in.

Now, that's not to say there probably isn't some asshole there who really is judging them, but you'll find that with anything in life. The gym isn't a place where that's going to be more commonplace. In fact, it's probably less so since everyone can relate in someway to being too fat or skinny.

Oblig pic, Kane Sumabat (aka Timberwolf). Dude is 44 years old. When I first started lifting, his was the first physique that I set as a goal for myself. I'd still kill to look like him.

rrr_img_68202.jpg
rrr_img_68203.jpg

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fat shaming is confirmation bias. The idea that everyone who isn't FATTYFATFAT has to think unfair things about those who ARE FATTYFATFATS when in reality... None of us actually care.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I want a glass chickenpox one. Shit damn near killed me this year via shingles and on down the line.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I want a glass chickenpox one. Shit damn near killed me this year via shingles and on down the line.
That shit's bad news if you get it as an adult. I got it when I was 19, put me down and out for 3 weeks. They were in my ears, in my mouth, down my throat, on my eyelids, everywhere. Worst goddamn 3 weeks of my life. 15 years later and I still have a few scars on my arms and legs(but they aren't real noticeable anymore, have faded a lot thankfully)

Adult-chicken-pox.jpg

(not me)

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Oblig pic, Kane Sumabat (aka Timberwolf). Dude is 44 years old. When I first started lifting, his was the first physique that I set as a goal for myself. I'd still kill to look like him.

rrr_img_68202.jpg
rrr_img_68203.jpg
Hard work
Proper diet
Steriods

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
That shit's bad news if you get it as an adult. I got it when I was 19, put me down and out for 3 weeks. They were in my ears, in my mouth, down my throat, on my eyelids, everywhere. Worst goddamn 3 weeks of my life. 15 years later and I still have a few scars on my arms and legs(but they aren't real noticeable anymore, have faded a lot thankfully)

Adult-chicken-pox.jpg

(not me)
I had chicken pox as a kid, got shingles as an adult. In response to the shingles I got ADEM which causes the brain to swell, produces lesions on the brain that short circuit paralyzing your (in my case both legs) as well as making the immune system attack the lining of your nerves. Basically temporary extreme MS. What fun.