Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Dead at 86.

dick-van-patten-GC.jpg

apraetor

<Silver Donator>
Kind of lol. This is the 2nd one in the US. It's part of a carbon capture project going to an existing coal fired power plant. We're also doing the absorber. They spray the exhaust with a solvent. Then the captured carbon is pumped into the ground to "capture carbon" where it will be used in existing oil fields in fracking to get more yield out of it. The absorber is cooler and made of inconel at 5x the cost but it's too large to ship and is being assembled on site.

Take a good look, if you pay taxes you paid for part of it. The DoE paid for part of it. It was engineered by MHI, Misubishi Heavy Industries because they couldn't find an engineering company that would take the risk and now MHI says it may/may not work, after they are $1 billion into it.

Site location of where it goes and what is happening.

wa-parish.jpg

Here's the first after it was erected. This one wound up $1 billion over budget.

1397599944000-AP366701269333.jpg

Typical-Post-Combustion-Capture-Unit.jpg
Out of curiosity, how many CM/CE are on here? I'm sure it was a failure of imagination that I assumed I was alone.

chemical_plant.jpg

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Out of curiosity, how many CM/CE are on here? I'm sure it was a failure of imagination that I assumed I was alone.

chemical_plant.jpg
I have an official title of VP of engineering and work as a Project Manager or Project Coordinator. I have a GED. I also have a BS/MS but I don't list it on my resume and nobody knows it since it's not related to my field.

I kept the 2nd largest refinery in the US running until recently which was a 24/7 job with all the boo boos they have at 2am and such as a designer, detailer, and PM.

130521-exxonmobil-baton-rouge-205p.jpg